May Munchkins 2019

Hi all, I've been extremely MIA busy due to work and kids and moving out to a bigger house. On Friday my waters broke and I've been in hospital ever since. Hoping to keep in these babies cooking for as long as possible. I hope everyone is doing well x

Good luck blue. I hope all is ok!

I had my scan last Thursday. So got a good look at my little man. All looks good and my placenta has moved away from my cervix. He currently weighs 4lb11 so predicting he will be 7lb2 when he's born at 39 weeks. 5 weeks on Tuesday! I'm scared but also very excited!

Good luck blue. I hope all is ok!

I had my scan last Thursday. So got a good look at my little man. All looks good and my placenta has moved away from my cervix. He currently weighs 4lb11 so predicting he will be 7lb2 when he's born at 39 weeks. 5 weeks on Tuesday! I'm scared but also very excited!
so glad your bub is doing so well and such a great weight. it's all becoming so real now, it feels like it flew by and were almost ready to meet our bundles <3

Oh goodness, Blue! Did they say why they burst or was it just spontaneous? Either way, I hope that you can keep the littles in there for as long as possible <3 Tell those cuties that they need just a smidge more time. :haha:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

That is awesome, flou! That would be a great weight. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too much is going on over here. We are all feeling better thankfully though! We also went to Ikea this weekend and we purchased a larger dresser for our first born so that we could commandeer his old one for the baby :haha:

I am planning on packing most of my hospital bag this week too. I have all of the essentials ready, so I might as well. I like to organize it by putting items into gallon size bags and deflating them to make as much space as possible. I label the bags with sharpie so that my husband knows what is in each. That way, it's easy for both of us. :) The only thing I will wait to pack will probably be phone chargers because we don't have any spares right now.

I had my GD growth scan today. I get another one in 4 weeks. She was measuring 1 week ahead. They believe due to my fasting number being borderline that they will need to put me on Metformin for those fasting numbers and will induce me earlier either 38-39 weeks. Crazy.. like 8 more weeks!

Blue - Oh gosh hun! Best of luck to you! Keep us posted! <3 <3 <3

Flou - YAY! Glad your placenta moved! OMG 5 weeks away! That's SO close!!! <3

Sweet - Gosh hun, DH & I have talked about packing our bags soon too! Crazy this is all coming up so quickly!!! <3 I feel like I'm never 100% ready though... like, makeup? Toothbrush? Hairbrush?? I will always have to throw those type of things in last minute :shrug:

Hoping - Eek! Nice that you've had your growth scan! Another good look at baby <3 <3 <3 Ugh, sorry to hear you have to go on meds. My endo said if I can't control it by diet, he will put me on insulin. I had the hardest time with the needle to prick my own finger let alone injecting myself! I know, it could be worse. But seriously crossing my fingers that insulin needle stays FAR AWAY :haha: Hoping that you end up not needing the meds either :hugs:

AFM, drowning in life right now. Plus not feeling so great - super awful cold, stuffy nose, & can't sleep because I can't breathe. Stress with no sleep sucks. <3

@BellaRosa8302 I am not on them yet but yeah my fastings have been like 92-95 so right on the borderline. I had two days of 85 which is real good but yeah she said they look fine now but I will probably end up needing it just for the fasting. I am fine with it. Means I will be induced early as well. I just pray the induction goes well and safe. No C-section for me is the goal!

Best of luck to you, Hoping! I had a hard enough time with the needles to prick my fingers. I used to have such a bad phobia of needles. I kinda got over it when I had my babies, but still can't watch when they draw blood. And then having to prick my own fingers? I had a meltdown the first time I had to do it. The thought of having to do insulin shots is daunting.... but it sounds like you're much better with needles than I am! You really sound like you're in a good place about all of this! Sending hugs your way :hugs: <3

@BellaRosa8302 Sorry to hear that. I bet once you do it enough you wont care anymore. I hear the insulin needles are really small and you do not feel them. I hope you wont need the insulin!

I wouldn't worry too much about an induction. :) I had one with baby #1 and #2. Both were about 18 hours long, but I have had friends that spent less time.

If my blood pressure goes all wonky at the end, I want to try the one induction method that I haven't tried yet. :haha: So far though, my blood pressure has been great this time around, so who knows? It would be pretty cool to go into labor normally for once, considering this is my last baby.

I am a weird packer, I have extras of everything when it comes to personal care so that's all packed. My makeup bag also lives inside my purse so that's not an issue either. :haha:

I am seriously 4 weeks away from being allowed to have my first membrane sweep. Not counting down or anything. :haha:

Just had another growth scan. I am only 31 weeks 4 days and baby is already 5lbs.....holy hannah. Only thing that upset me was i felt the nurse was hinting it was my fault....questioning what i have been eating and such....i have only gained 6 lbs this whole pregnancy.

I have a follow up scan on the 29th to see where we are at. As of now she will not let me go past due date so I should definitely have baby by 30th if not sooner. My mom keeps saying she has dreams of a calendar and May 16th keeps appearing so her bet is the 16th.

Hoping - Met with my nutritionist last night & saw the pen I'd get if I do end up having to do insulin. He had me insert it into something that I think was supposed to replicate the feel of skin. He was all, "Now that's not so bad right?? Goes right in easily!" And personally? I was thinking to myself, "NOPE!" :haha: But the good news is, after seeing my numbers and what I've been eating, he thinks I'll continue to be diet controlled. How are things going for you??

Sweet - That's a great idea! I should get doubles of what I need so that I can be ready for whatever. Especially this time around.... I'm enormous - people keep thinking I'm due any day now and when they hear I've got two months left their eyes bug out :haha: I really truly think this baby is coming early and feel like I need to be prepared. 4 weeks!!!! That's crazy! Yay!

jlmeans - WHAT?!?! When you've only gained 6 lbs?? ](*,) That's ridiculous! Remember, growth scans can be VERY off... some ladies have been told they were having a 9 pound baby only to actually deliver a 7 pound baby! It's crazy how far off they can really be, and my ultrasound tech said the closer it gets to the due date, the farther off they are! Don't panic yet :hugs:

I got 7 weeks til baby coming and that seems right around the corner to me. I could only imagine at 4 weeks but I will be there soon too haha!

@BellaRosa8302 I am doing good still. All my numbers are fine but my fasting number gets right at the limit 95 when I only sleep 6 hours 45 mins a night which is all I been getting every night lately so they prob will put me on the Metformin this next appt to be taken at bedtime for the fasting numbers. I can even eat regular things I been eating during the day before finding out I had the GD and blood sugar is perfect still.. So I do not know. Weirdness.

Nurse's and Doctors that make women feel like anything is their fault during pregnancy that is controlled by hormones and other things should learn how to keep their opinions to themselves.

Blue thats great that you seem to be able to control your gd with diet. I hope it stays like that.

Jlmeans ignore them! The size of your little one is mainly due to genetics. And growth scans are not reliable when it comes to weight. I had one with DS at 38 weeks which said he was 7lb. When he was born 3 weeks later he weighed 6lb15oz. I can't believe he didn't grow and lost an ounce in 3 weeks as my bump kept getting bigger! I have had one with my little one and I'm intrigued to see how accurate it is this time.

Sweet I hope you do manage to go into labour naturally this time. I had bp troubles with DS but all good so far this pregnancy.

I'm feeling so huge and uncomfortable. I have just under 4 weeks to go and it can't come soon enough! Baby has got to the size where his wiggling and kicking really hurt. Apparently his head is 3/5 engaged yet he still feels like he's under my ribs. DS has given me conjunctivitis and a head cold which is making me feel rubbish so hoping I can recover quickly. My maternity leave starts soon and I can't wait!

Hoping - Good!! Glad you're doing well. Yeah, my endo said he wouldn't give me meds to control my sugars... he's of the mindset that Insulin is better for pregnant women. I've read it's a huge discrepancy about doctors think though. Metformin sounds a bit easier on you, so I hope that works out for you <3 AGREED on nurses and doctors - Sheesh! They really do need to do their jobs and keep their opinions to themselves!!!

Flou - Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Until a membrane sweep ladies. :haha: I wish it were 4 weeks until my due date. I will be 35 weeks in two days though, so it is now 3 weeks until my membrane sweep and 5 weeks until my due date.

I am just reeeeealllllllly hoping that I can pop her out before 40.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been lucky this pregnancy. I chose a new OB this time and I love all of the doctors in the practice. I do have a top 2 though! If I get either of them for labor, I would be beyond happy. If I don't, it's not a huge deal because I have a good relationship with all of them.

Sweet - Time is really flying!!! Best of luck to you, getting one of the doctors you're hoping for! In my own experience, I got the midwife I was hoping to NOT get for my daughter, and with my son, I got the one doctor in the practice that I hadn't met. I had been told, "She only delivers babies one day per week.... chances are, she won't deliver you anyway." :haha:

AFM, I'm getting sick of being pregnant. It's no longer "fun" with this GD diagnosis... no perks are left. And with my husband working long hours AND working on his master's degree, SO MUCH is left to me to do. This weekend, I spent Saturday out of the house with the kids, so my husband could concentrate on his schoolwork (because, believe me, had I stayed home, it would have been constant fighting - he's on edge, so if the kids try to get his attention, somehow it turns into my fault). Then, I had to do EVERYTHING for the week yesterday.... so by bedtime last night, I literally felt like I was breaking in half. When I climbed into bed, I just had these pains going up and down my legs, into my waist... could barely turn over in bed... got up this morning limping around because my sciatic nerve is acting up.... I just TOTALLY overdid it. But it was really stuff that HAD to get done! Making dinner, laundry, cleaning up/putting clothing away, giving the kids baths, etc. So yeah... between that, making sure I'm eating when I have to, not eating when I'm not supposed to (like, when I wake up in the middle of the night just wanting a bowl of cereal & can't.... and I just want to cry about it, thank you hormones), it's just STRESS up the wazoo! Then I have so much going on outside of work - my kids have a ton of random things I need to get to (doctor appointments, evaluations, awards, school activities) and trying to get the time off to get to those.... plus my son's birthday was last month, and my daughter's birthday is next month, so I'm trying to get that all set.... I'm just so done with all of this. DONE. Something needs to change because I'm DROWNING. Sorry to dump all of that on you all, end rant. :cry:

:hugs: bella. Sorry you are going through a tough time. Try to take it as easy as possible but I know its hard when life just seems to be taking over. March is always a super busy month for me. We have 4 family birthdays, including DS', which meant organising a small get together and I'm still working full time, so very little time for me to rest. I can sympathise with the done being pregnant bit even tho I'm lucky so far with this one no complications. I feel huge and tired all the time. I'm still getting over this virus which is not helping. But I saw the midwife today and I have one last appointment before I have my little one. The end is near and we will have our little ones in our arms soon!

Thanks, Flou! I hear you on March... we have SO many March birthdays in our family too! My son alone shares his birthday with two family members that month :wacko: Then this time of year also involves Spring school pics, Easter, Mother's day, dance pics, dance ads (for the recital program), recital tickets (which is a production...), my daughter's birthday... not to mention adding in all the baby stuff we all have to get done! Plus the end of the school year (teacher here) and teacher appreciation day.... It's a lot.

This low immune system is NOT fun! Hope you're feeling better soon :flower: WOW! One more appointment?!? That sounds crazy! Happy for you though <3 <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->