MAY we all be blessed with baby! May 2013 and beyond (BFFs Seeking BFPs)

Wow! I haven't caught up here In a while. Great to hear from you all! Not long melann! Kksy9b, how are you doing? Pathos, almost in the third tri for you!

I'm doing well, although I'm getting terrible indigestion and heartburn still as well. It has gotten worse, but gaviscon is keeping it under control (as long as I pop a tablet early enough!). Dh is getting more excited every day about the baby coming. He says good night to my bump and say "one less day inside". He surprised me yesterday by saying that he should get used to changing his diaper early so that he can handle is later once he starts on solids... naturally, I strongly encouraged that and suggested he could do all of them at the start - haha!

Hope you're all doing well.

So good to see some activity on here!
My acid has magically calmed in the last few days. Hunger has kicked up like crazy, I'm basically a vacuum. Was a little worried yesterday, feeling less movement. Debated going to the hospital. However, my uterus was almost constantly contracted yesterday and I think it was just making it extra hard to feel him. I have a doppler, and the HR was 145 and he reacted to a flashlight and some sugar. Today he's much more active. I believe he's maybe dropping a little lower as well.
Going to a "big sister" class at the hospital tonight for my daughter. She gets to take a doll and blanket etc. We wanted to do something special for her so she feels important and involved. She's been cuddling my belly more often, it's ridiculously sweet.
One more week and then we'll serve eviction notice.

Attachments

• IMG_0595 2.jpg
    IMG_0595 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 3
Awww that's so adorable! I have photos of my animals cuddling my bump! I also read that it's common for movement to decrease a bit right before birth, but definitely reassuring that you have the doppler to check!

Had my doc appt yesterday and I'm actually .75cm dilated!! I know that's like nothing, but considering last time I was 0cm at 41+3 after ALL the induction tricks of the trade... I'm just thankful that my body is at least making an effort this time. I figure any little bit of dilating that happens now is some that doesn't have to happen during true labor. I still have lots of work to do at my job... but my brain is checking out pretty quickly...

Got my BFP this month ladies! WooHoo! Here comes baby #2 :)

Attachments

• 20161113_123933.jpg
    20161113_123933.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5
Clande- just read back a few pages and look at that cute little guy! I know I'm like 100 years late but congrats on your little bundle!

Melann- shes gotten so big! beautiful fam :)

Aliko! Huge congratulations! Looking forward to hearing your pregnancy stories this time around. Are you still in Japan? Dh was supposed to go to kyoto for a work trip in a couple of weeks, but asked to be removed because I'd be around 36 weeks by then. He decided it was more important to be here with me. I'm happy about that but it was such a good opportunity for him. Bad timing.

Hey Newbie :wave:
Thank you so much! I still haven't fully gripped the fact that I am pregnant being that I barely have any symptoms this time around. Can't wait until my u/s to put my mind at ease. How have you been hanging in there? Only about 8 more weeks to go for you! Are you nervous?

Oh and I am currently back in the states after living in Japan for 4 years. I have been back now for 3 1/2 months. Hopefully in the future your hubby can get another opportunity to go!

Yay AliKo! Congrats!!

Newbie, you're getting so close!

AFM, I'm serving eviction notice tomorrow evening. The exercise ball is out for use, I've been drinking the Raspberry leaf tea to get things toned up, may even bust out the breast pump and convince DH that sex is happening.
My colleagues all keep giving me a hard time that I'll be here through the end of the school year anyway (there's two weeks of classes after Thanksgiving). I'd really like to prove them wrong. I just feel like if I have to come back after the 5 day holiday, I'll be super unpleasant to be around :)

You know when acid reflux gets really fun? When it gets so bad that it gets into your Eustachian tubes and burns your ears. I had no idea that was a thing- but trust me, it is. Any day little man...

Oh no! And I thought mine was bad! I've had it to since early in the first trimester. It has only gotten worse for me, but not that bad! As you say, any day now!

Afm, doc laid out a plan for me. I'll see him again in 3 weeks and stop the baby asprin I've been on since the start. Then a week later, I stop the progesterone that I've been taking again since 24 weeks when he noted my cervix was shorter than it should be. Then one of two things will happen - either the effects of the progesterone will wear off and my body will start progressing into labour, or the progesterone was a complete waste of time and I'll hang out until my due date. I'm going to push out the progesterone until a couple of days before my mum arrives. She'd kill me if I stopped it early and she wasn't here for the birth! Doc said that if it doesn't happen before my due date, he'll induce me rather than let me go late. At least I know that January 13 is the latest date! Love having a plan!

You know when acid reflux gets really fun? When it gets so bad that it gets into your Eustachian tubes and burns your ears. I had no idea that was a thing- but trust me, it is. Any day little man...

That sounds horrific! I hope this little guy arrives sooner than later! Acid reflux isn't fun, but I can't imagine it burning in your ears!!!! Awful!!!!
I'm sending thoughts for a perfect delivery!

Oh no! And I thought mine was bad! I've had it to since early in the first trimester. It has only gotten worse for me, but not that bad! As you say, any day now!

Afm, doc laid out a plan for me. I'll see him again in 3 weeks and stop the baby asprin I've been on since the start. Then a week later, I stop the progesterone that I've been taking again since 24 weeks when he noted my cervix was shorter than it should be. Then one of two things will happen - either the effects of the progesterone will wear off and my body will start progressing into labour, or the progesterone was a complete waste of time and I'll hang out until my due date. I'm going to push out the progesterone until a couple of days before my mum arrives. She'd kill me if I stopped it early and she wasn't here for the birth! Doc said that if it doesn't happen before my due date, he'll induce me rather than let me go late. At least I know that January 13 is the latest date! Love having a plan!

Plans are nice! It's exciting that baby will be here soon!!! I'm glad your cervix has been good!

I survived the sugar thing :happydance: and terrible twos suck. what was i thinking? :dohh: two babies 25 months apart...

I think you'll love them being close. My son and daughter are 2 1/2 years apart and are best friends still at 11 and almost 9. I've heard it's actually easier to have them close...yes there will be moments when you think, "How am I going to do this?" but I believe it will be great!

Best wishes!

I tried to check in with as many as possible before I pick my kids up from piano and choir :) How's everybody?

I had my appointment today and talked a little bit with my doctor on TTC again. He said I could come in and do the dye test to ensure my fallopian types are working properly, but I told him I'll think about it. He said he didn't see any reason why I can't conceive again, but since my miscarriage was ectopic, I have a higher risk of another ectopic. That sucks, but I knew that. Next steps would be a semen analysis, the dye test, Chlomid (which I've done before). I guess I'm not getting any younger, so I might have to do these things. I'm glad my husband was with me to hear what the doctor said.

Okay, I'm rambling but wanted to give an update (even though it's nothing new).

Blessings!

Doc appt this morning. Up to 1.5/1.75cm 50% effaced and very soft... still not great, but also better than being 0 and hard at 41+3 last time! Cervix is still posterior, but doc said that part can change quickly... Let her strip the membranes, I didn't think it hurt any worse than her getting through the cervix in the first place. Not sure she could do much with only one finger getting through though.
Here's hoping!

Doc would induce beginning Thursday.
If it comes to that, I'd wait til Friday as DD's Christmas program is on Friday morning. I was thinking that I was going to sneak in the back to watch it with the baby, but it's at my workplace and I'm afraid that everyone would see me and want to see him... At this point, even if I magically went into labor today, I may be just out of the hospital by then.
I was induced last time. I made it through, obviously, but it was really not a good experience, and I'm having quite a bit of anxiety about it happening again. HOWEVER, at this point, this is the last week of classes, next week I only have one final to give, and this baby is just eating into his own time with me, as I'm back to teach Feb 1 no matter what. I was really hoping he'd come a little early and give us more time...
Ive' tried it all, sex, breastpump, walking, (pulling multiple children in a sled yesterday), up and down stairs, a mini trampoline, pineapple, dates, essential oils, eggplant parmesan, spicy food, raspberry leaf tea... Seriously, this kid won't budge!!!
I have an appt tomorrow morning and I'm sure she'll want to schedule the induction. My only solace is that last week I was almost 2cm and 50% effaced. Last time they pushed a cervadil through my closed cervix, and it was horrendous. At least I've got at least 2cm done this time....
Blah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->