Maybe if my mood starts going positive.....

Sometimes working out builds muscle- that could be why you're not seeing the numbers go down on the scale. :shrug: Just a thought. It's better to pick a day to weigh yourself and do it only once a week. I can't do it once a week unless I'm not home.

Yeah I know it takes time but seeing those numbers are frustrating. I think I will take your advice and do it once a week. That way I'm not obsessing. If my weight goes up the stupid wii grills me on why I've gained weight lol.

I agree with deaf again, no worries Mousey! Besides muscle weighs more than fat; its a proven fact. So you have an initial weight drop (typically water weight), a weight gain (muscle mass), and as long as you continue to both eat healthy and continue exercising that weight will start to drop. It takes longer to loose weight the healthy way, but the good news is that unlike dieting, eating healthy & exercising speeds up your metabolism, so if you cheat every now and again, your body will still be burning through calories instead of storing.

If you just diet, most peoples bodies tend to think they are starving, so the body slows down the metabolism and the second you stop that diet you're screwed. The body says "hey thanks, let me store that fat for you since you are going to starve me." :haha:

Stay strong! :winkwink:

There is another way to measure your weight management- consider taking measurements of your waist and other areas of your body. That's more accurate measurement of how much fat you're trying to burn off and turn into muscle.

Thanks girls! Awesome advice! I feel better now. Yeah I tried the just dieting and lost 5lb but came back as soon as I stopped it. I guess I can just be impatient lol. I think I will definetly start measuring. How is everyone doing?

:thumbup: I'm doing great over here. was stressed/pissed off at people gossiping earlier this week but I'm over it now cuz I now have the facts and can correct/educate them if necessary.

Don't you hate it when people gossip? Ugh...it's like people have nothing better to do than talk crap about other people and especially if its fake. I try my best to get away and stay away from drama like that. It's hard though lol. Sometimes it feels like it just followes you. Sorry you had to deal with that but at least you got the facts!

I'll be having a mini vacation sometime before our real vacation in July. DH surprised me with Busch Gardens tickets that he won from one of the radio stations the other day. I'm so excited and I think this is the main reason why I'm happy I'm not preggers yet! It'll be a fun filled day watching animals, shows, and of course wild rollercoasters. I'm not one for rollercoasters since I'm afraid of heights (among other things like the coaster crashing!!) But...CARPE DIEM!! Can't bring DD since she's not able to go on any rides :-( and I feel guilty. We take her everywhere and love it...but I guess we need a bit of a break sometimes :) A few times a year won't hurt I guess. I see you're getting close to O! Baby dust heading your way! I will be about 7dpo tomorrow. I'm pretty positive I'm not pregnant. I haven't even had time to think about it. I'm not even going to get pregnancy tests. If I end up super late then I will test but I don't forsee that happening. Pretty much the entire family knows we are TTC now, except for MIL and FIL. Kind of funny lol. But we have slipped up and almost told them. Good thing they don't pay very good attention to things lmao or else the cat would be out of the bag!!!

:thumbup: Yay for free tickets. Bummer about DD can't going on any rides yet. Do they not have "kids" rides for her? I know my park that I like going every summer has kids rides only areas and these are for the kids under a certain height.

Yep, almost ovulation time. I'm gonna start playing it more low key. There are only 10 opk strips left so once these are used up this month, I'm not going to be doing that anymore since I pretty much see a pattern now with my cycles. I generally ovulate between 15 cd and 20 cd. Not sure how far I will go with temping yet. I might temp til my next AF and then stop temping for a month to see what happens when I don't "obsess" over every little thing my body's doing. A break will do me a world of good.

Bummer that you think you didn't catch the eggy- but all the more reason to celebrate not being pregnant yet. I guess I'll be glad to not be pregnant yet when we go to Holiday World- I love going on the rides and I don't know what I would do with myself if I couldn't go on any of the rides because of my "pregnant" condition. Probably just hang out in the shops and look at stuff or go with dad to a nearby church building.

Yep, I hate drama... Unfortunately when you work/deal with a small community of the sort like I do, then it's not really avoidable... you will always hear some sort of gossip although I do my best to be as low key as possible by being a loner or something so I can avoid hearing the gossip. Just can't escape it on facebook :dohh: Oh well... The important thing is I know where to go for my facts and I can get it straight from the source who would know the information rather than believing what other people claim to believe.

I gotta get to bed. I'm exhausted. I got church tomorrow but I'm sleeping in anyways since DH is going out of town so he's not going to our usual church- so that means no interpreter for the 8:30 service. I'm fine with that though- I have another church in mind I can go to with my cousin and his beautiful fiancee.

Honestly, the whole stopping the religious TTC mode took a big weight off my shoulders. You truly feel like yourself again...not some robot. It has worked wonders for me and I'm learning to start doing my own thing again and work on ME. I pretty much know my cycle now too with using the OPKs. For the past 3 months I have ovulated on CD 16 every time. Its good to know cycles without doing all the temping, opks and what not. Like we don't have anything else to do than check our mucus or pee on a stick and differentiate that stupid little line!

Hmmm...Holiday World? Never heard of it but it sounds awesome! I guess there are perks to not being pregnant. Guess we will all get that darn :bfp: when we are meant to even thought I know we all hate hearing that!

That's awesome that you and DH go to church every Sunday. We don't. Not that we aren't religious or anything but neither one of us really grew up going to church so I think thats why we really don't. We do follow certain "rules" with Good Friday and what not so at least we try heehee.

I do have to say that I have had a wonderful weekend! DH has been so attentive to me and has been taking me shopping this weekend. He actually spent 3 1/2 hours helping me pick out clothes, getting his opinion, and just having a nice time. AND with no complaints!! When I thought I was done, he would find more clothes for me to try on. I am not good whatsoever with style lol. I'm very plain when it comes to clothes and am happy wearing jeans, a tank top and a baseball cap with ratty flip flops. But I know have a new wardrobe for the year and gotta go pick up the rest of the shirts I picked out tomorrow. A total of 14 new shirts, 2 mini skirts, 2 shorts, and a pair of capris. I think I am done. I don't even want to look at clothes anymore! And the most amazing part of today-when we were almost done I asked DH if he still wants us to go out with his buddy and wife. He didn't even look at his phone and he says "Not really, I'm having a really nice day just spending time with you." I think I fell a little more in love with him after that!

Unfortunately when it comes to Busch Gardens, it's very limited to what DD can do since she is handicapped. With not being able to walk or hold her head up perfectly we can only do certain things. She can go to the shows and thats about it. Its sad but we get through it and do as much as we can with her. She definetly does not go without. I just need to realize that its okay to go on adult trips sometimes. I will probably always feel this way...guilty. Guilty when I don't take her places. (It's only maybe once or twice a year) But we are getting better with it.

I truly understand that drama with facebook! I had so many issues with people on it. I had so many friends on there that I grew up with. Plus my SIL and other family. Suddenly, it would just be drama. I would post something and SIL would blab to the family. Or she would get pissed because we didn't invite her somewhere. Then I had my family on my mothers side out of the blue asking me for pics of Katheryn. They were never interested before. So I am 99% sure that my mother wanted them. And honestly, she doesn't deserve any info on my daughter. She can't even call to see how she is and with the crap she said about her before? Not happening. I don't care if her and I are arguing/fighting/not talking. You don't do that to a child. And with how she is with her life and her husband with drinking/drugs/domestic problems...I am not putting my daughter through that to have a grandmother who only is a grandmother when it's convenient for her. I already dealt with that from her growing up, not happening again. I eventually got rid of my Facebook and actually had withdrawal!!! For about 3 weeks! I actually looked it up and I guess its true. But now that it has been months...I'm so happy without it. Nobody knows what I am doing and I can't say the wrong thing and piss someone else off accidently. Every friends I had on there had my cell phone number and not one has called or texted. Hmm...I found this great article about a writer who got ride of his FB and went through withdrawal...it was HILARIOUS. And after searching I have found it! You will love this!

https://www.dailycardinal.com/page-two/the-ugly-effects-of-facebook-withdrawal-1.982603

Alritey, well I am rambling and can't sleep so I think I'll go before I keep on! Have a wonderful Monday!

:dohh: I thought I responded to that... I guess I didn't- must have been one of those days when the bnb wasn't cooperating and never posted the reply I wrote up to yours... Oh well... I don't remember what I was gonna say to that.

I'm sure it's hard taking your daughter to places and knowing she might not ever experience the joy/fun of riding stuff but you're a good mom to her... because you do actually take her out to places and let her experience things. :thumbup: Keep up the good work, it's gotta be hard though but hopefully with time it gets easier to deal with and you find ways around that or other places your daughter can enjoy like historical buildings and places.

Yeah Holiday World is in Santa Claus, IN... It's a great big amusement park. One of my favorites- I've always gone there every summer one time with the family growing up and still do today.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel more myself and enjoy DH more with taking less focus on TTC. I think this summer I'll take a more relaxed approach- no more opks... I might even take a break from temping for a month or something. :shrug: We will see. I didn't realize how stressful I was making myself over the whole ttc business. we're not robots but yeah it feels that way.

HEY GIRLS!!

I want you to know I read all the posts and have missed talking to you :)

Looks like we are all just taking a break and enjoying life, this summer, huh?

I had my reception party. It was beautiful. I didn't take any pictures, but once people start sending me some, I will share them. It was a lot of hard work but once it started coming together, I had so much fun. We loaded up on gifts and I even got a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer!!

Since I don't really have a chance of getting pregnant right now because my cycles are still crazy, I just wanna reiterate that I'm having so much fun enjoying being newly married. We are moving on Monday and I can't wait to get settled into the new house. I know babies will come in time for all of us and I'm so happy that we have such great husbands.

So many women get the children but are missing that part, we should be doing everything we can to enjoy our men! :flower:

Once we get moved, I'll be back to my regular posting!

:yipee: Jess- You got married!!!!! Can't wait to see those pictures people will send you from your reception party. You're right- we really should enjoy this time we have with our men.

Yep, it'll be good to just chill and enjoy the summer.

I think we are all chilling too much around here and haven't had a good update in awhile!! I'll just say I dreamed that you were both pregnant last night! I'll see if this thread is still alive before I write my usual novel.. Hope everyone is doing great.

What? Jess- that's an awesome dream. :nope: NOT pregnant yet but that's ok, I'm in a great mood and I'm enjoying my summer so far. It's been busy - nothing lazy just mostly me going on the move doing stuff. I think I'm already out for this cycle even though I've yet to ovulate this weekend and the chances of bd is pretty slim so we'll probably just get some in tonight and then again Sunday or Monday and then nothing for rest of our trip/vacation until we get back home. I am doing great.

Jess- what have you been doing?

Mousey- Hope you're doing alright. I bet you're busy with your little family.

Oh well, a great summer is something to be happy about!! I've been doing really well, I'm so happy. We moved to a new rental house and it's out in the country. It's so roomy, plenty of space for all our crap and the dogs love it. I'm getting used to the drive.. I live about 20 minutes from work instead of 2. It's totally worth it though.. I really feel like home is a getaway.

We are still ntnp. But my cycles are still MIA so I think I'm definitely going to need a doctor's help to get me going :( I was having a super light spotting for 5-6 days every 3 weeks.. I have an app on my phone I've been keeping up with it all. It made me hopeful so I stopped taking the Vitex. But now I've had nothing. I tested just to waste my time I guess, since I know I'm not ovulating anyway.

We are going to Iceland near the end of July so I am going to wait until after that to go to a doctor.

Have you been having any doubts or frustrations? I don't know how to explain how I've been feeling... I've been enjoying just being with my husband and my pups that I think about how much responsibility and time a child would take away from what we have going on now. A girl I work with just found out she's pregnant. She's tired, throwing up and grouchy, lol. I am happy for her though.

I don't know if I am just looking for ways to "cope" with not being able to get pregnant so far, but I just think of what a miracle babies are and how we can be a family.. then I think of an annoying 8 year old.. followed by a sassy teenager.. lol. It really does change everything!

Where are you vacationing?

We're in Hamburg, NY right now for the weekend. Going home tomorrow only to pack up and hit the road Monday again. That trip will take us west- through Kansas and Colorado. Then north to Montana. We hope to travel through North Dakota to get to Minnesota but that would depend on the flooding. :wacko: If that prevents us from getting to Minnesota, then we're staying longer with Zach's relatives and coming home a different way.

. I know babies will come in time for all of us and I'm so happy that we have such great husbands.

So many women get the children but are missing that part, we should be doing everything we can to enjoy our men! :flower:

:0)

Congratulations Jess! Just dropping in to stalk you lovely ladies again. :haha:

Did my first IUI with three mature follicles yesterday and I'm hopeful. I'm still on five pills a day, but at least I don't have to do any more shots (that trigger shot was a doosey). I'm trying to be blasé about it all so I don't jinx myself.

I'll keep stalking u all creapily from the shadows of bnb. :haha:

:hugs: and :dust: to you all.

WTB- :dust: good luck! Fingers crossed you get that egg making a baby with that sperm.

How's everyone doing? I'm finally back from my long vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->