MC#10 at 4w6d~ I need some positive vibes. Page 159.

What does an IUI entail? I'm not familiar with it. xoxo

Interuterine insemination.

It's where they turkey baste all of DHs little swimmers directly into the uterus so they don't have as far to go on their own, and they don't have to get past the magical cervix to get there. lol.

Doc thinks it'll work for us because my hormones will be medically regulated throughout the cycle and also clinically monitored so if something is low, we know about it right away, rather than having to wait for an appointment and run tests.

Good luck with with the upcoming IUI!!! I hope it is just what you need to finally get your sticky BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Goodluck03.gif

Yep they will need to "wash" the sperm before inseminating :) so you'll deffo need his spermies there a lil bit early :) So excited for you :) cant wait to see what happens for ya!!

Hey Stuck....if they let you bring DHs swimmers with the day of the IUI, stick the cup in your bra....seriously. As long as the sample stays warm before it's washed you should be able to make it at least an hour. My DH provides a better sample when he does it at home...his volume has always been lower when done at the clinic. Just a little tip! :)

Good luck!!

Thanks mamaD!!! I'll definitely do that as I'm an hour to two hours from the clinic!!

LOL I stuck Jason's in my crotch LOL....kept it warm because we live an hour from the FS! And I agree with mama d---my DH always has had MUCH better results from "at home" then at the "office" lol....thats a GREAT TIP :)

I'm supposed to do my first IUI too Stuck, lol. We've always been on the same schedule. I was supposed to do my first one this cycle but it got cancelled due to no follicles. That's why they switched me to the Femara.

I'm supposed to do my first IUI too Stuck, lol. We've always been on the same schedule. I was supposed to do my first one this cycle but it got cancelled due to no follicles. That's why they switched me to the Femara.

Awesome!!!!! How much Femara did they put you on and when is your follicle US?

hope this thread gets two bfps for the price of one!

5mg, and I will schedule my US for whenever AF decides to show. Waiting on her now. Usually they like to schedule it for CD 13

oh im sooo excited for you stucki and mammag!!!...

Im glad that they have finally stopped sitting on their hands! and there actually gonna keep you closely monitored :happydance:

I shall be stalking like a little mad woman!!! :)

FX for you ladies :) I was on 10mg of Femara but its b/c we have lower chances of getting the eggy :(

FX for you mamma that you get at least 2 mature follicles this go and FX stucki for you as well I can't wait to seeeeee what happens :)

Just checked in for my consult appointment with my awesome doctor.

So excited to be getting all of my IUI questions answered and I'll get to meet the andrology department and learn more about how all the speem preparation works and figure out if I'll be bringing the sample with me on the day of, or if DH will have to come with me a few days prior.

I'm on my 5mg Femera and tomorrow is my last dose so hopefully by next Monday I'll have some answers and a couple of mature follicles to trigger!

And the drive wasn't bad this morning! I feel like I always get stuck behind people who don't know how to drive the speed limit! Lol.

:happydance: awesome news :) I always got behind slow people on my way to the doc and of course its an hour drive anyways so any little mess up and IM LATE lol I was late a couple times but they were behind on patients thank goodness :) darn slow people drivers LOL!!!

The only part I dislike about this clinic is that they are perpetually running late. Last time I had an appointment, I showed up an hour early...I then waited for another 2 hours to be seen.

I get mad when I make every effort to be early and they are always running so far behind.

Currently, I've been waiting for 45 minutes past my appointment time....in starting to get grumpy.

Still in the waiting room.

They gave me a survey to fill out....unfortunately for them, this whole hour after my scheduled appointment time to fill it out.

i think anyone would be grumpy! what's the point of making an appointment if they're not going to keep it?

Yep.

We are all scheduled for next Monday! I take the sample with me when I go and they'll do the US and trigger, then I'll hang out while they get the sperm ready, IUI and I'm done.

I'll go back the following week for tests [progesterone and the like]

He said if I'm not ready Monday, that they'll get me back in sometime after that.

Unfortunately, we won't know how next week is going to play out until the US on Monday.

FX that I've got some follicles ready on Monday! I'm so ready for this, I can't imagine having to wait longer than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->