MC#10 at 4w6d~ I need some positive vibes. Page 159.

The reason for Birth Control pills while doing cycles is they "keep everyone doing IUI, IVF, and ICSI on the same cycles" so the birth control is used to "pause" your cycle and keep you from ovulating until you start the drugs the same week as the other women do...its kind of annoying honestly having to "wait to be on cycle with everyone else and their brother" .... I saw someone mentioning it ^ the thread so I thought I'd reply to it....it has nothing to do with "making us more fertile" ....ha I wish :(

I figured that had something to do with it Andrea.

It's a shame there aren't any easy answers for infertility.

Hopefully I can get the doctor on board with the steroids and clexane. I've gotta make my appointment for a consult tomorrow.

Loving all the links ladies! Thanks so much!

Also sometime they use birth control or another suppress to make women have better effect from stimulating meds xx

I dont think its good at doing the "better effect" honestly on some of us who are on the medications :( it sucks because EVERYTIME they put me on the pills for 2-3 weeks then I come off of it...I have a withdrawel bleed and its as HEAVY as my period :( it SUCKS.....sometimes I wonder if my lining is too thin because of all the bleeding and clots and etc. :( I duno that it really "helps" anything in my case...if anything screws my body up :(

i'm with you, andrea. i think the pill just messes everything up...badly!

Goodluck with consultants appointment hunnie... Let us know how it goes! there must be more things that can be tried, so keep pushing! for my tests and different medication etc x x

There's something different too the pill aswell girls can't remember what it's called but they use it on. The long protocol for ivf a lot :)

I agree some pills are really bad they have always messed me up too

Andrea if you have heavy bleeds I think it's when your uterus lining it thick I think when its thin you don't bleed much & less pain xxxx

i learned in my biology class today that if you and your husband are not genetically compatible, every pregnancy will end in a miscarriage =/. so even if you are able to get pregnant...it terminates itself because of genetics

Yes, but we've had the chromosome testing done to make sure that both DH and I were genetically compatible with one another.

Turns out, we are.

oh okay good!! i heard it today and automatically thought of you!! i want you to get your sticky bean!!

That is crazy :( I wish they'd do that test on me and my hubby before we spend the money for the IVF...that makes me really nervous!!

I've found a doctor that works specifically with recurrent early losses.

But she's in Chicago and I know DH won't be ok with spending money on a flight and a hotel to see her.

She's supposedly one of the best in the country and when I spoke to her nurse yesterday, she said I would be a perfect candidate for the program that starts in November, but there's no way DH will go for it :(

Sad today.

Can you not borrow the money from a relative/friend etc..

Maybes work your magic more on DH, talk to him about how important all of this is for you! etc also explain how she will try the most cheap way possible to get yous your rainbow baby!...

I can understand to some sort of degree of where you at!... I wanted to try a IUI, or just clomid or anything for that matter to just get us pregnant!... As soon as i opened my mouth and said that it might cost, he would just instantly say "NO" in my partners eyes you shouldnt have to pay to have a baby, but not every lady is fortunate enough to just fall pregnant at the drop of a hat and then give birth in 9 months time!... It would really infuriate me... But un-known to him, i did start to put some money aside as i was determined whether with his help or not, i would get my baby!

Thats what I'm doing putting "money aside" kinda hiding it LOL....oh well it works right :)

which hospital is she located at stucki? i live in chicago - we have so many talented doctors and hospitals here.

tickets from where you are can't be too expensive...you're in the carolinas, right? i'm sure your DH loves you, but his refusal to help you out in this is grating on me. it's not like you want a new dress or a pair of shoes, and you're being frivolous. it's about wanting one of the most sought-after things in this life - a family. i hope he understands this.

if i had an extra room, i would totally let you stay with me :(
if you do get to come, i can tell you where the cheapest places to stay/eat are, ok??

plus, you could explain to him that you wouldn't need to rent a car - chicago has the El, and it's very cheap to use, and very convenient. the buses and trains drop you right off in front of Northwestern, or U of C or any hospital, hotel or really anything.

awww stuck! I hope you can talk to DH and let him know how important this is to you and she is the best around and you cant just give up.

I hope it all works out for you!

Try to get all the information you can about the Nov. program and break it down to DH..or call and ask after the November program is there another to give u a chance to save. Do you have to pay for the program or is it like a trial?

I really wish your DH would get on board. Do you think if you took a couple months off of TTC to apease him for a little while that would help and you could gear up for this Chicago doctor? Kind of give him the rest he feels he needs? Maybe just quietly save for those few months, and attack it again?

I dunno stucki, but I sure hope you and dh can come to a compromise!! Keep investigating and maybe u can't do Nov, but another one after that?

https://uncfertility.com/

Here's a link to an IVF trial looking for patients at discounted rates in North Carolina...

In sure u have already seen it. :/ just trying to help lol and I agree, we can all lobby for u!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->