MC in March, TTC straight away. Wait with me?

Khloeee: Congrats on your BFP! I also got mine at 9dpo. :)

MCC1010: There might not be anything wrong as long as it doens't happen every cycle. I've had more than one surge before. Your body gears up to O and for some reason doesn't, so tries to again and does. Anything stress, illiness can cause this and reasons that are unknown. Hence: It's also why they say positive OPKs don't tell you if you ovulated for sure or not. I hope you fall pregnant fast. :hugs:

Hi MCC1010, I havent experienced two surges, but I think it is possible. And like Leinzlove said, OPKs can indicate when you might be about to ovulate, but can't tell you if you HAVE ovulated. I find this part very frustrating, I don't think I was ovulating for a few months after my MC.

Also, am I reading right that you had a positive pregnancy test? Could that be a good sign? (I'm new to all of this but I would think if you are reading positive for HCG then you are pregnant?)

Oops, sorry I had a few First Reponse Ovulation predictor tests left from last month. I had changed to Clear Blue because I had a hard time with First Response. I took the Clear Blue ovulation test first and then (just because my cycle has been strange) I took the First Response ovulation test. The Clear Blue did not show a smiley, but on the First Response the second line was darker than the control line. I think I am just making this worse on myself by continuing to take the OPKs. I guess I will be visiting the doctor next cycle. Thanks for your comments ladies. I appreciate the help.

Ah I see. Sorry, I saw you'd written First Response, and I immediately thought Pregnancy test... didn't know they did ovulation tests too. I'd stick with one brand, less confusing that way and I think they all have different sensitivity levels, etc. I've been using the cheap ones that you can buy on Ebay/Amazon.

Hi ladies. I started bleeding last night. Had bad feeling about this pregnancy for the past few days as just didn't feel pregnant any more. Looks like this one isn't going to stick. Can't believe it's happening again.

Oh Chloe I'm sorry :(

How heavy is the bleeding? Are you in any pain?

xx

No pain at all yet. So far much less bleeding and pain than last time. Had dull backache two days ago. Not sure whether there will be worst to come.

I think a short luteal phase is definitely my issue, seems this time it was enough to get me pregnant, but not enough to keep me pregnant and ensure that the egg could burrow securely into my lining. Have read up a lot this morning. Am going to take Agnus castus and a Vit B complex, and also try and encourage my son to breastfeed less as I read that can be a contributing factor and he still feeds around 4 times a day.

Now just not sure whether to wait a few cycles before TTC again. I'm worried that the same thing will happen again if I don't allow my cycles some time to lengthen. But I'm so impatient to keep going.... I wanted a two year age gap between children, now it looks like we will be lucky to get a 3 year gap. I hate that this is all out of my control.

Have you spoken to your doctor's out of hours service or gone to a&e? Don't want to give you false hope but some bleeding can turn out to be normal? xx

No I haven't, the only thing they can do at this point is a blood test to check for HCG (I'm too early to see anything on a scan), I'll go to the walk-in EPU tomorrow to get everything confirmed, but it looks very much like this MC has completed naturally (or will do in the next few days). There's no danger of getting my hopes up, I know this pregnancy is done. Test lines have been fading over the past few days and this morning's one was barely there. It will probably be negative when they test at the EPU. For the past four days I have not felt tired, sick, light headed or needed to pee often... all the symptoms I had up until that point. I didn't feel pregnant any more, so seeing the start of the blood last night confirmed what I was waiting for.

I'm so sorry Chloe. Please don't give up, it will happen xx

Khloee: I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: This is so cruel! Don't ever give up. I don't think you need to wait to concieve. Maybe talk to your Dr. explain all this... and see if he will help.

Oh Khloe, I am so sorry. I know what you mean about just knowing. Eventhough it was my first pregnancy and miscarriage, I knew. I didn't have the urge to put my hand on my belly one day and then I started spotting. I went to the ER and they told me there was a 50% chance because of low implantation. I think that I also have a short luteal phase and plan on addressing this with my doctor. I hope you have good luck soon!

Thanks guys. The MC completed very straight forwardly. Now to wait one cycle until TTC again...

I've started taking B6 and also agnus castus (although still unsure if I really need this one... says its good for luteal phase defects but most people seem to use it to regulate ovulation - mine is already pretty regular on day 14 or 15). Let's see if this helps my short luteal phase. Almost no point trying to get pregnant as it is, it will always end in MC until I can legnthen my cycle.

Hi Chloe, I took agnus castus up to o in the cycle I got my BFP after my lp went haywire. Don't know if it would have lengthened it obviously but it did seem to delay my o for a couple of days. Seems to have done something good anyway!

Hope you're doing OK xx

Hi Chloe, I took agnus castus up to o in the cycle I got my BFP after my lp went haywire. Don't know if it would have lengthened it obviously but it did seem to delay my o for a couple of days. Seems to have done something good anyway!

Hope you're doing OK xx

Thanks! Did you take B6 too? I'm a bit wary of it delaying ovulation, 14 days is fine for me. But I suppose I won't know until I try Agnus castus, so I'm just going to take a low dose for now.

This MC has not been as sad as my last one, but it's been about 10 x more frustrating because I didn't think it would happen again. At least I know my short luteal phase is a defininte issue now. I am OK though.

I didn't take B6 but was going to if all else failed. I also used preseed that cycle. Are you going to speak to your doctor about your lp?

I spoke to my GP last week. Explained my short LP and that I was sure that was the reason for both MCs, asked for hormone tests but she won't refer me unless I've had 3 MCs. I am getting a blood test next week to check my thyroid and a few other things though.

Hi Ladies.
It's been a bit quiet in here. Hope everyone is ok.
Sticky baby dust to all xxoo

Hi Scorpio, it has been a bit quiet hasn't it?? Think August is a bit of a quiet month in general, and we have a bank holiday over here in the UK so hopefully everyone is out and about enjoying their long weekend : )

No news here, still waiting to ovulate in my first cycle post-chemical. Feel like all I do these days is wait to ovulate!!

I feel you on the waiting around for OV.

Any new ideas for TTC this month? I'm just taking Vitamins B6, C & D Plus Folic Acid as per usual. Charting daily still and trying to stress less.

I can't pinpoint exactly when OV was but it had to have been in the past 3-4 days.
Unfortunately DH wasn't up for BD. Only BD'd twice.

I'm having my first blood test tomorrow (doing fertility tests). There's another 2 tests in the following few weeks. Then we get results on Sept 25. I'm anxious and worried at the same time.

My would of been due date is 21 Sept. Makes me really sad as I wuld have been going off on maternity leave right about now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->