Me again :(

penniepie

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with my 1 month old and feeding..,
For the past week he has been draining both breasts... So no gulping or swallowing and then he gets so frustrated hd just yanks on my nipples so hard and grunts madly and sometimes cries... It's so frustrating I can feed my baby.. I don't know what to do .,, everyone says growth spurt and I should get more milk but I'm not and doing this with him all day is hard...I gave tried saying NO like others have done firmly so hd knows not to pull but didnt work...I even feel sick that as he was cradled in my arm nursing ( at this to
R yanking on me) I jerked my arm a bit and said no just to let him know to stop... But I feel disgusted with myself as I though oh god I shook him slightly

What am I going to do
I feel so frustrated , an awful mom :(

My lo was like this, he'd be on 1 beast for hours and would suck and suck and wouldn't get much and then get so frustrated he would start to scratch my breasts. So I started to express instead to see if that helped, you could try that. But I got hardly any, I ended up going onto formula just for the ease of it. Riley was 4 weeks when this started
I don't want to advise you against breast feeding, this is just what I did.

I hate that I get frustrated with him he has no idea and it's not his fault and usually after I feel like the worst mom in the world
After I jerked my arm and firmly said no he looked up at me and I thought oh god I'm a loser I shook him :( with my arm jerk

Jesus :(
I'm really depressed about this
I'm a first time mom I'm learning as I go I guess

:hugs:It sounds like a growth spurt. The growth spurts are quite annoying and I remember wanting to quit quite a few times in the first 6 weeks. It does get easier though and the more he is sucking, the more milk you will produce. I remember feeling like my boobs were 2 deflated balloons and was so worried about my LO starving because I though I must not be producing enough. I'm really glad I stuck with it though.

To be honest I think your LO is too young to understand the whole firm "no" thing. I think that is more for older LOs who are biting with teeth. Have you tried different feeding positions? Maybe doing it laying on the bed so her can't really pull back? Have you posted about this in the breastfeeding forum? There are lots of Bfing women who have been though it all and can offer advice and tips.

i have no advice just wanna give u a hug xx (((hug)))

:wave: It's clusterfeeding :hugs: Have you tried taking a break and going for a walk for a couple hours and then coming back to give your boobs a chance to refill?

Thanks ladies please someone reassure me I didn't do anything horrible to him being frustrated :( I can't explain how awful I feel
I would never hurt him he is my life

:hugs:Parenting can be frustrating. Shaking a baby can be really dangerous though. Next time maybe take a walk or even put him in a safe place like his crib for a little bit and walk away.

Your not a bad mum for doing that. I'm not saying do it, I've often found myself being a little rough with Riley a couple of times when i've had no sleep and he's getting frustrated with me.
Just when you feel like that, put him down and walk away, I put riley on the sofa because it's slanted so he can't roll off and i go and sit on my bed. Just for 10mins to let yourself and lo calm down a little. You'll find it helps :)

Aw, poor u. I remember exactly how this feels, I had about 8 weeks of it with my LO. It's awful and nothing really seemed to help.
As soon as you stop feeding from one breast it starts to fill up again so when your LO starts to fuss put him back on the other side and just keep swapping sides like that till he's finished. Also try a variety of different positions as there are milk ducts all around your nipple and he might get more if he's in a different position. If all else fails as the other ladies said, take him for a walk or a drive it takes about 45 mins for your breasts to fill up again so a half hour walk may help and he'll sleep the whole time (hopefully!) So he won't notice!

Good luck hun, it does get better xx

I dont think you 'shook' him, more likely rocked/nudged? I've often found myself getting a tad rough too, but 2seconds later i cry because i feel awful. The worst time was when she kept spitting her dummy out and i eventually pushed it in too hard and she did cry :( wanted to ring social on myself! Never again.. Now i just walk out til i calm down, or pass her to OH. Ofcourse you'd get upset, youre learning like most of us..and bfs hard on its own.. Stay positive, it will get better hun, hugs! Xxx

:hugs: Oh you're not a bad mom for being frustrated! I get frustrated about every other day with Alex, mostly because he won't sleep or latch sometimes :lol:

THanks everyone yes it was a nudge ., as he was in a cradle hold feeding and hd yanked on me in pain after enduring it for half the feeding I nudged up my elbow and said NO!
His head fully supported in the curve of my arm of course
Like a muscle spasm shudder motion I guess

THanks everyone yes it was a nudge ., as he was in a cradle hold feeding and hd yanked on me in pain after enduring it for half the feeding I nudged up my elbow and said NO!
His head fully supported in the curve of my arm of course
Like a muscle spasm shudder motion I guess

I'm sure he'd soon let you know about it if you'd hurt him! Don't worry about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->