• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Metal/Rock/Alt Appreciation Group

cool! beats old macdonald had a farm anyday.....

OMG! I went to uni in Aber :hi: Do RocSoc still have their Tuesday nights at the Angel? Is Stars still up and running? I love that shop! Used to love playing pool at that pub on the front with the wicked juke box, can't remember what it was called :dohh:

I love all kinds of music, lots of rock but especially goth, industrial and EBM. At our wedding we had a string quartet playing U2 at the ceremony and our first dance was to the Mission! Rammstein are one of my favourite bands, seen them live twice and they put on one hell of a show! Also love NIN, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Tyske Ludder and VNV Nation. Loving Bat for Lashes atm and White Lines take me back to the classic 80s goth-rock sounds of The Cult et al.

Yep, RocSoc is still Tuesday nights in the Angel! Stars is still up and running- I'm thinking of having them do the balloons for my wedding and they've always got amazing clothes in, lots of corsets and hats at the moment! Is the pub you're thinking of the Glengower? It's the only pub like place that I can think of that's on the sea front! When were you in Aber? I've only been here since September 2006 but DF has been here since 2003 and I've got a couple of friends who've been at RocSoc pretty much since the beginning! If you're on Facebook try the RocSoc group https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=4507834743. It'll keep you up to date with what's going on if you're interested and there are a few of the old members on there who you might know.

Beca :wave:

Im in! whoooop
Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Helloween, Rammstein, Disturbed, Fozzy, Faith no more..... I could go on! xxx

Im in! whoooop
Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Helloween, Rammstein, Disturbed, Fozzy, Faith no more..... I could go on! xxx

YAY i love rammstein :p saw their reise reise concert it was amazing

mutter albums probably their best one so far. sonne videos great....

my fav is still reise reise great album and great tour loved it and i love richard :p

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tuomas holopainen is by far the sexiest man in metal..... *drool*

Replacing Tarja with Anette has done wonders for the eye candy appeal for the guys too. (In my opinion, anyway)

Amaranth is one of my favourite tracks by anyone, ever!

Hi Beca. I was only in Aber for just over a year 2001-02 (typing that made me feel suddenly old lol!). The pub on the sea front was the Bay Inn I think, they had a club in the basement, IndieSoc used it but mostly it was cheese nights. But the juke box upstairs was full of Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Motorhead et al.

Hmmmm... Rammstein.... *drool* Jack saw the Sonne video a couple of weeks ago and was fixated by it... might confuse him when he hears Snow White for the first time and finds out that the dwarves were not her sex slaves and Snow White did not snort gold dust! :rofl:

the video for mein teil is the best its crazy also i love the benzin vid as they r firemen :p

Hi Beca. I was only in Aber for just over a year 2001-02 (typing that made me feel suddenly old lol!). The pub on the sea front was the Bay Inn I think, they had a club in the basement, IndieSoc used it but mostly it was cheese nights. But the juke box upstairs was full of Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Motorhead et al.

Hmmmm... Rammstein.... *drool* Jack saw the Sonne video a couple of weeks ago and was fixated by it... might confuse him when he hears Snow White for the first time and finds out that the dwarves were not her sex slaves and Snow White did not snort gold dust! :rofl:

We'll just read him the Grimm version and embellish it a little. :devil:

Ahh, the Bay- no juke box or pool upstairs when the side room's locked! I completely forgot about the side room- last time I was there it was locked and out of use but I have been in there before! It's really nice in there- much quieter than the main rooms! It's closer to a club now upstairs used as a dance space as well as the basement sometimes. It didn't work recently when they tried air hockey and stuff upstairs and club downstairs! For a while they had rock nights there- kinda like a 2nd Rocsoc on a Friday- and if you're lucky and catch DJ Moggy there's quite often a fair bit of the popular rock/metal stuff played now apparently (don't go in much myself, partly as it's not my thing and partly as I can't afford to pay £4 entry on a weekend and I'm busy Monday-Thursday!!) Apparently it's changed again recently!

Beca :wave:

my faves are Metallica(have been a huge fan since 1986),Aerosmith,Anthrax, Green day, pantera/damageplan, Korn, Megadeth, Disturbed, yngwie j malmsteen, not to mention the oldies- def leppard, crue, van halen, whitesnake,

my faves are Metallica(have been a huge fan since 1986),Aerosmith,Anthrax, Green day, pantera/damageplan, Korn, Megadeth, Disturbed, yngwie j malmsteen, not to mention the oldies- def leppard, crue, van halen, whitesnake,

I love Pantera, Down and superjoint. Oh to hell with it I just love Phil Anselmo

well my old music haunts were Faith No More, L7 (I still love Donita Sparks), Belly, Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam..... Mike Patton wins best looking feller for me hands down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->