Metal/Rock/Alt Appreciation Group

i never dun download did leeds 2003 @ 20wks preg.,..

Download is the only festival I've been to, it was immense. We seen Maiden, Marilyn, My Chem, Dragon Force, Slayer (although one guy died in the pit during Slayer :()

I've seen pics from Leeds and Reading and they look really good as well.

I love Green Day and Offspring too, and Bloodhound Gang lol! Also RHCP and assorted rocky goodness.

We went to Download in 2006 and I'm sorry to say it really put me off festivals :( It was unbearably hot all weekend, the whole place was a dust bowl by the end of the first day. There was literally no shade on site and not a drop of rain or a breeze even until we were on our way back to the car at the end of the weekend when the heavens opened and there was a massive thunder storm and downpour, soaking us through to the skin (and the entire contents of our backpacks!). So the ride home was exhausting and damp!!! The first aid staff were awful too. Hubby got heat stroke and they turned us away! We ended up in the welfare tent next door with all the drunk people as they were happy to let us sit in the shade and brought us water.

Oh yeah, and hubby and I met at Leeds 1999 in the My Ruin mosh pit lol!

I love Green Day and Offspring too, and Bloodhound Gang lol! Also RHCP and assorted rocky goodness.

We went to Download in 2006 and I'm sorry to say it really put me off festivals :( It was unbearably hot all weekend, the whole place was a dust bowl by the end of the first day. There was literally no shade on site and not a drop of rain or a breeze even until we were on our way back to the car at the end of the weekend when the heavens opened and there was a massive thunder storm and downpour, soaking us through to the skin (and the entire contents of our backpacks!). So the ride home was exhausting and damp!!! The first aid staff were awful too. Hubby got heat stroke and they turned us away! We ended up in the welfare tent next door with all the drunk people as they were happy to let us sit in the shade and brought us water.

Aww hunny thats really crappy.

We found that all the staff were mostly interested in getting drunk and watching the bands not actually serving you drinks/food or anything.

Download is the only festival I've been to, it was immense. We seen Maiden, Marilyn, My Chem, Dragon Force, Slayer (although one guy died in the pit during Slayer :()

I went to that download, and didnt no anyone died!!

I have always found the staff at Download pretty shit aswell. Its shocking, because I didnt realise how bad they where untill I went to Bloodstock. The atmosphere there was amazing! The staff where kind and nice, and the people there.... WOW! Its like a family xx Love it!

Apparently they did, made the slayer death count up to 25 or something? heard one of the staff members telling each other

I like quite a mix of stuff. NIN, Marilyn Manson and Metallica are some of my metal(?) faves (Never really did get the hang of this music classification lark). I like the miserable stuff, lol! My OH prefers Oasis, Penduluum and more upbeat, lively stuff. I also like Alanis Morissette (despite her not understanding irony!), Coldplay and Robbie Williams, :rofl: Can't say I don't mix my genres.

Anyone else worry about playing some of the tracks they like once their kids can understand or at least repeat (!) the lyrics? Am I just paranoid about everything?! :rofl:

Apparently they did, made the slayer death count up to 25 or something? heard one of the staff members telling each other

My ex took me to a Slayer show for Valentines Day (like 10 years ago) and people were bleeding before the show even started...like in the line outside. CRAZY! I think I was like 1 of 2 girls there. :rofl:

My ex took me to a Slayer show for Valentines Day (like 10 years ago) and people were bleeding before the show even started...like in the line outside. CRAZY! I think I was like 1 of 2 girls there. :rofl:

Urgh I wouldn't of liked that.

We went to Give it a name 2007 and I crowd surfed for the one and only time to The Used and Bert Mcrackin looked at me and grinned and I about died lol

There was people there almost killing each other in the mosh pit. Sods law I feinted right at the front (yup I'm a feinter lol) and my OH and his mate had to drag me back through the crowd through about 4 mosh pits lol

Yeah, but the music rocked.

Aside from the Axel Rose Show, when the guitarist decided he could do a better job of the guitar solos than Slash. Muppet.

AArrr just seen this!

:D

Into ALOT of different music.... but rock,metal,alt,punk bands include....

AC/DC goin to see them in 2 weeks!
Alice in Chains was hoping they were gonna support pearl jam his year! :sad1:
bad religion
dinosaur Jr
Cortex
Cud
Fugazi
Guns n roses
iron maiden
metallica
Mastodon (not really by choice, just grew to like them after being forced to listen to them!)
Minor Threat
One Last wish
Pearl Jam.... My one true love!
rage agaisnt the machine
sisters of mercy
slayer
pixies
sonic youth
sound garden
velvet underground

:D there will be more, just a a quick flick through my Itunes!

Anyone else worry about playing some of the tracks they like once their kids can understand or at least repeat (!) the lyrics? Am I just paranoid about everything?! :rofl:

Lol I do as well.

Its ok at the moment because heavy metal just sends her to sleep :rofl:

Jack gets most of his swearing from the Pink that Holly plays him. In the car he gets Nightwish, which has surprisingly little naughty language.

When he starts getting to hear more of Daddy's music it might be a problem though

my OH wanders around singing a Prong song that includes "snap your fingers, snap your toes" Daisy finds this hilarious:dohh:

Have to tell him to hold back soon, dont want her going to nursery singing stuff like that!

Jack gets most of his swearing from the Pink that Holly plays him. In the car he gets Nightwish, which has surprisingly little naughty language.

When he starts getting to hear more of Daddy's music it might be a problem though

We did agree that we wouldn't worry about song lyrics lol! How did that conversation go again? I remember you making quite a hilarious faux pas but I don't remember the specifics now.

I don't think a few swear words do much harm, as long as the kid knows that the words carry more weight when used sparingly.

I always think that when your little you miss a lot of stuff through your innocence! I hear stuff now that my parents played and somethings I think OMG! At the time I had no clue. Plus if/when they start using it in the wrong context its how you address it. OH's language will be worse anyway, he just can't help himself!

OH and I want to buy this for LO

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/Kitty_fantastic_o/41qTBwRkc9L__SS500_.jpg

Lol, my Uncle used to have a punk compilation CD a few year's back for his little girl which is what made me search about to see what is out there. OH isn't as keen on punk, he likes Offspring and some old school Green Day but he is mainly more of a metal man. I like both, but we both 100% agree on Metallica so it has to be done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->