Metformin club

littlebopeep

Reaction score
Hi Girls, Ive decided to start this thread for all us girls who have POCS who are on met, i went to my FS on tuesday after being on met for 3 months in the hope that id get my clomid unfortunantly he said that due to the fact im ovulating he wont give it to me :growlmad: he claims that 7 out of 10 of his patients on met get their:bfp: on met alone. im slightly peed off so i decided to start this thread for all us met lovers out there to share our side effects, questions, fears and most importantly our success stories. so here goes this is my story, started TTC in March 2009, had 21 day blood taken in March 2010, Got:bfp: April 2010 only to have ectopic in May had surgery and left tube removed and diagnosed with POCS, currently on 3rd month of Met.:dust:

:wave:

I came off bcp July 08, had 5 normal cycles, got pg, lost baby at 13 weeks and since then my pcos has returned with a vengeance. My cycles are anything between 28 and 108 days. Im overweight and doc wouldnt help. Changed doc who gave me met yesterday. Ive got to take one day for 2 weeks then increase to 2 then increase to 3. She also said that if i lose 2 stone by the new year and still not ov that she will give me clomid :yipee:

I took first one yesterday and apart from really loud smelly trumps :blush: have had no side effects! I'm sooooo excited though now and more determined than ever to shift the weight.

My doc did say that she would run more tests in jan and if im ovulating i wont get clomid. apparently it over stimultes the ovaries, i though that would be a good thing - more eggs!!! lol

Did you have any side effects?

Sorry to hear of your loss xx

hey girls :wave:

can i join please, been ttc #1 for 16months now and zilch!!
was recently diagnosed with PCOS! and have been given met...up to 3 a day now!
in the beggining they made me feel :sick: but ok now...think my bodies gotten used to them being there.
Gynae wont give me clomid till i've tried the met first for a while :growlmad:My BMI is under 30 after losing a stone but the docs have not said hardly anything in regards to weight.
up until last cycle which lasted 62 days i hadnt o'ved but did that cycle wthout any meds but its few and far between. currently on CD7 and taking my last soy tablets to nite in hopes of that BFP.

sorry for ur losses girls and i really hope we dont have to wait to long to get our BFP's xxx

Welcome girls! YAY now theres 3 of us! im due the:witch: today but have cramping since tuesday and have loads of cm im hoping this is it but knowing my luck i`ll prob be out, will test in the morning if nothing happens did yer Fs tell you to stay on met if you get your:bfp: because ive been told to stay on it?!!

i haven't got that far yet! ive read loads on the internet and apparently theres no evidence yet that it can do harm to take while pg???

Were you ovulating before you started taking met? I'm hoping this will kick start my ickle ovaries again without the clomid but probably clutching at a few straws :)

I thought I'd share a success story, I hope that's ok :blush: I was only on Met when I fell pregnant :)

On Met, I managed to finally lose weight I'd been struggling to lose for years, and I went from no periods to a cycle which was between 28 and 31 days.

Doctor opinions will vary as to whether it is safe to take in pregnancy. There have been (small) studies done which suggest that for women with PCOS, taking metformin for the first 12 weeks reduces the risk of miscarriage to nearer the normal risk. If you see what I mean - having PCOS carries an increased risk of miscarriage, but Met *might* bring that down to the same chance as a woman who doesn't have PCOS. There have been no large scale studies done that I know of, though, so always check with your doctor!

Best of luck to all of you, I hope you all see your BFPs very soon :hugs:

Hey Eala, thanks for sharing and congrats on the gorgeous little one :thumbup:

If you dont mind me asking, how much weight did you lose to get things going again? Im currently 16 stone :blush: and doc said to lose 10% and with the met should help things get back to 'normal'. It's sooo hard though, it's the exercise that I struggle with!

I don't mind you asking at all. I went from over 16 stone to 13.5stone when I fell pregnant. I put on 3 stone in pregnancy (argh), but have since lost it again, and a bit more. I need to get back on track with exercise again, but Metformin definitely helped me get back to where I was by watching what I was eating.

fab success story sweetheart! u give us hope! i have lost a stone down to 12st 4 from 13st 4 without the met. taken soy this month in hopes of that long awaited BFP....i seriously dont know if will work but i cant sit around doing nothing anymore...im longing for my first baby xxxx

Hi can i join too? I've been taking met for 4 weeks now, TTC #2 for 6 months now and its so hard because my cycles are irregular as you can imagine, I'm currently feeling really sick everyday with it which is convincing me i'm pregnant when i'm not :(

:wave:
hey hun,
the met is bloddy awful in the first few wks isnt it!! my body has adjusted to it now tho and little to no side effects...hope ur wait is not too much longer xx

Hi can i join too? I've been taking met for 4 weeks now, TTC #2 for 6 months now and its so hard because my cycles are irregular as you can imagine, I'm currently feeling really sick everyday with it which is convincing me i'm pregnant when i'm not :(

Hi girls, i was told i had pcos last month, i have been put on Metformin been taking it for 2 weeks now..ooo and the first 3 days i took my bum for a wee lol TMI
its ok now..just get slightly dizzy and feel a bit sick, upping my dose week 3 to 1500mg

Hi everyone hope that ye all had a great weekend! im now four days late this has never happened before i took a test yesterday morning but it was negative could i be preggers and getting a negative! im confused but still taking my met glad to see that more people have joined xx

Hi everyone hope that ye all had a great weekend! im now four days late this has never happened before i took a test yesterday morning but it was negative could i be preggers and getting a negative! im confused but still taking my met glad to see that more people have joined xx

hey hun,

do u use FF? did u track O this cycle? u never know hun it could just be taking a while to pick it up on HPT. Hope that this is ur lucky month xxx

Hi sianlyd, i was on my hols when i was ovulating so had loads of:sex: my cycle has never been this late think i`ll wait til thursday to test again if she hasnt showed ive noticed my boobs are bigger but not sore like they were then i got my positive on my last pregnancy would love if i was but im sure the:witch: will turn up sooner rather than later

urghhh...so im on 1500 (3 tabs a day) after slowly building up to this dose...and i this is TMI but im getting the runs with it..i no this is a common side effect and im willing to put up with it...i hope this passes soon...3rd week of taking metformin..

i also get slight headaches and feeling sick.

this im all willing to put up with aslong as it gets me my baby

anyway i have a question, so like i said iv beentaking met for 3 weeks and periods are all over the place, usually every 65-75 days apart....im on day 60 right now...have not done a test in around 4 weeks...i dont no if its worth taking another one...as i dont no if you can ovulate with periods like mine...but then im asking myself , can the metformin trigger ovulation and i could be pregnant??

hi emz, Im also on 1500mg had the runs and really bad headaches but they have stopped thank god! the met can start you ovulating so you could be pregger my cycle is all over the place im currently on cd37 the longest my cycle has ever been is 35 days took a hpt last nite it was negative, ive lost weight on the this cycle half a stone and my BMI has decreased by 1% im hoping that this is the reason why im late i just wish the witch would make her appearance so that i can get back to my baby making:dust:PS i think you should:test:

ooooh i agree emz, test!!

Littlebopeep - hope this is it for you, you're not out til af arrives!

I've been taking the met, and i must be lucky as ive had NO side effects apart from feeling a tiny bit queasy which is totally ok with me! bit peeved now though as only taking 1 tab a day and meant to be seeing doc next week but ive had to make the app the following week. Im sooo impatient lol!! Ive also lost 3lb this week so feeling positive!!

FXd for everyone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->