Metformin club

Welcome becci,

I'm n a similar boat except the fs I was referred to bumped ms from her list because I need to lose another 4lbs to get BMI of 29!!! I have already lost 3 stone and was told I needed a BMI of 30 to be referred for clomid and I got there for her to refuse ms anyway!

I was cannon fodder as the pct took fertility funding out in of and put it back in may so she is just too busy it makes me so mad.....

Anyway my point is ( I promise there is one!) she said to my gp to go ahead and put ms on met and I have been taking it a month and for the first time in 16 mths I OVULATED :dance::dance:

The side affects may suck but they will pass and its all worth it in the end!!

Gl with the met hope you get your bfp soon!

X x x

i know this sounds mad i took my first tablet about 2 hours ago and i have had the worst heart burn and pains under my ribs ever. is this normal or just my body going mad?? xx

Hmmm did you eat with it?

I tend to take it half way through eating....

Everytime I Increased my dosage it made me super nauseous but it does pass so hang in there!

X x x

i took it after food with water it horrible feeling kills so bad! i'm having to take rennies but still there!
i want to know what info i can get for my work as i have to go in and tell them about my tablets just incase i have to be off sick or anything. xx

Hmmm I dunno, if it's unusual for you then it could be, try a glass of milk, I would take it in the middle of eating to see If that helps you!

What do you do for a job? How come they need to know what meds you take?
X x

hi girls, can I join u ?
Only just started with the met... rlly hope it brings us a long awaited :bfp:
:) xxxx

Becci, first 2 weeks the side effects are the worst, but I'm now 1 month on it and there's no side effects whatsoever. The important is to take it with proper meals and preferably in the middle of it. Never take it only with fruit or candy, any easy carbs will increase the side effects. I made a mistake once taking it with watermelon only, spent the afternoon on the toilet :D

As far as benefits, nothing for me yet, I'm afraid. If anything, it seems that Metformin and Provera don't work together for me. It's 12 days since Provera and I still didn't get my period, so pretty sure it's not coming. Gonna stick with Metformin for 2 more months and hope for the best.

Well i work for Sainsburys and they are abit of a pain when it comes to having time off. with me having problems with my uterus and pains i have been off alot and they are wanting to know everything about me now.

so i need to meet with my HR manager and my manager to go through everything print thing off and stuff.

i found lastnight if i took the tablet with my meal and not after i wasnt so bad so maybe thats the best thing to do!

i just dont want them to give me warnings if for some reason i am off ill cos of the tablets cos if they are making me ill just in the evening when i'm not in work i dread to think what they are going to be like the next 4 weeks.

Added bonus is AF arrived yesterday so this will be our first month trying with Metformin so lets see what it does for me :) we are just going to keep bedding up until either AF arrives or until i get to like CD50 again lol xx

I'm going to start Metformin soon. I have the prescription filled, its just sitting in my drawyer because I'm scared of the side effects.

Did you guys wait until a certain Cycle day to start, or just started it randomly?

Also how bad are the side effects? Should I start on a weekend so it doesn't effect my work?

I'm so nervous but I think its about time I start.

I didn't have too ba of side effects. I started cd25. The only thing is a got a little tummy ache in the beginning that's it. Just take it with food and ul be just fine! :)

I had the worst time on metformin, I was also given xenical, basically a strong form of allí.....horrific! I was told to lose 5 stone! Five stone is a lot, and then I'd be underweight for my build! Before they would give me clomid, but because I kept blacking out and having heart palpitations I had to stop both. The xenical gave me the worst unstable stomach in the world, to the point where I stopped eating all together to stop the effects and I was scared to break wind just incase I ...uhmm, messed myself to be honest, I ended up losing a stone in a week for a couple of weeks before I passed out from it. The metformin gave me heart palpitations and I passed out in the middle of a busy road.
Now the doctors won't help me, they won't give me clomid and I've been trying to conceive for 4 years now. They won't help me because I'm 19 and have PCOS, and they won't help with things like IVF until I'm 23......I'm glad some ladies have had some success, I'm just waiting until I find something to help that won't hurt me too much.

Metal, so sorry you had such a bad time! And that's doc sounds like an idiot telling you to lose so much you would be under weight!!

I hope things get better for you soon and lots of :dust: to you!

X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->