Metformin & PCOS

Its so weird for me! I usually eat two big meals a day, and a snack in between. But, I dont mind cutting back. I guess I'll just have to do the same as you and force myself to eat SOMETHING.

Same. I force myself to eat because I take my met morning and evening. So I make sure I eat with them...

I have experienced the same thing. I am not very hungry- although I was right before af showed up. But outside of that I don't eat breakfast or lunch and I always have ate both. And then I eat when I get home and I am good. It has been weird for me. Now that af has left I saw a drop in the scale so I am pretty sure that was the issue.

Gals i am here back with my report and dicpscussion with Doctor,

thanks God no PCOS detected here, just TSH hormone is 9.23, and Dr give me medicine to cover it, she said it should be below 2

so here i am some relax, but i just thinking, should we do BD during taking these pills or not

i have to be on thyroid meds my whole life so you should be fine Bding :)

im happpy to report im officially on CD1 !!!!! :) now on with the HSG and metformin!! hope i dont have blocked tubes! :(

thanks dear, m also trying to findout some foods which can reduces this hormone level

best of lck with your this cycle :thumbup::happydance:

the meds i take...i take in the morning and i do it on an empty stomach and i dont eat for at least a 1/2 hour after taking it...and i heard fluriode in toothpaste hurts your thyroid...i tried an antifluriode toothpaste and it was disgusting! my levels have stayed steady finally and so im not to worried. Also my doctor said something about dont eat a lot if at all sea salt....i have hashi motos which causes my thyroid issue...its an autoimmune disease. also have you had your Vitamin D levels checked? i guess that can help with ttc...mine was low so i now take a supplement for it. hope some of this information helps...oh and thyroid conditions can cause issues with cycles and ttc. so its good you found this so it can be treated. thankfully its not that high...mine was 64 about a year and a half ago...it has been a long journey thats for sure!

I take both 500mg pills in the morning (mainly so I dont forget the other pill, and I asked the pharmacist who said if I'm on immediate release it really shouldnt matter) and I still don't get hungry til late evening. Or if I do get hungry earlier, I wont be hungry for dinner. I dont mind it really, before my PCOS started showing symptoms I didnt eat a whole lot. Its good to know I'm not alone in that though haha. I have definitely seen a few pounds come off. I'm hoping that once I get back into the gym it'll come off even faster. I hate the way my body is now, I was soooo thin just three years ago, and once I started bcp I gained 70lbs!!! Ughh, the only reason I dont want to stop losing weight is for a bfp. Other than that, I hope it keeps falling off :D

Aein, glad to hear you dont have PCOS! Did the doc say the TSH would make you not able to get preggo?

Hippie, I usually get some light spotting 1-2 days before AF really starts. So until I see some bright red and slightly heavier, I dont count it as CD1. If you haven't had AF in a while, you better be ready for the long haul! You might get lucky, but when I got AF in August after missing 5 months.... Whoaaa! It lasted over 20days, and atleast half were super super heavy days with huge clots. Worst time of my life lol.

Oh, it didn't wait! It was spotting yesterday and today FULL BLOW OMG I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN MOOD! I feel like I'm being punched and it's getting heavier! I really hope I can be lucky and have it be like under a week? maybe? please? :-s
Last night I couldn't sleep because of the pain, I tried midol, but it's not helping. What do you ladies take?

Aein - Also glad to hear it's not PCOS either! :)

Yikes, sounds like AF I had in August. A super plus tampon only lasted like 20min? IF that!! :hugs: hope you get lucky!!! I usually dont take anything because I dont normally have real bad pms if I get AF naturally. This time I had cramps so severe I had to take a narcotic pain killer to get any rest. (My father had cancer so he has all sorts of goodies to kill pain :haha: I only barrow one or two when I have outragious pain, and even then I cut them into 4ths lol) If I do get cramps that are so crazy I need pain killlers I take tylenol or ibuprofen. They seem to do the trick pretty well. :hugs: I sure hope you feel better soon, but I wouldnt be surprised if AF sticks around for a while! Considering how long its been, but maybe the Metformin will play a roll in all that and give you a normal cycle.

YIKES! :( I remember the first time I was but back on BCP after a year of no periods. I went through ultras like kleenex, it was VERY bad! Thankfully that hasn't happen yet.

Yea I have some pain meds left from my wisdom teeth, but I won't take that. Maybe I'll find some over the counter pain medicine. I think I'll try applying a heat pad as well to see if I feel better. I know I got maybe 4-5hrs of sleep last night, would love to have some more.

I just hope this will be over in time for my gyn appt. :\ I'd hate to go there and she won't do anything for me until my AF is over.

Thanks for the support though, hun :hugs:

Welcome :D Hopefully its just a regular old, run-of-the-mill AF. When is your appointment? I know my ob didnt care if I had AF, I had just come off and was a little spotty but he didnt even flinch. I asked before hand if me being on AF mattered, and he said no. The heating pad worked really well for me, and I dont blame you for not wanting to take the pain meds. I usually dont take anything so being in so much pain that I needed them was weird. But I was soooo thankful I was able to do so. I dont like the way they made me feel, but after not being able to lay down or sit or stand, it was a welcome relief.

sugarpi, yes i am also taking in morning on emtpy stomach but this first day exp nt so good m feeling kazy n wish to sleep n thanks i will try antifluoride toothpaste, sumhow i google n found that gluten-free diet much reduced TSH so m just locating about it too

babyjla, yes dear Dr said it should be below 2 to get prego coz this hormone block concieving

hippie, yea m happy as such i think i dun have much serious problem on this stage

i believe n hope so my dh and i started medication so will see better changes soon

Morning ladies!

I took some bufferin and found a heat pad. It felt so nice to sleep until 2:30 when i woke up to wetness and ran to the bathroom. In 4.5 hours I went through an ultra! So put another one in went back to bed and at least this time from 2:30 - 10:30 (yes I slept that long) I only started to leak near 10:30ish. I so want more sleep though :p

My gyno appt is this Wednesday Oct 17 at 2pm. I might call them tomorrow and just ask and I can only hope it will get lighter by then. I want my examine and see what my options are!

Aein, thats fantastic! I hope it doesnt take long for the meds to work!

Hippie, is it getting heavier? Four and a half hours is better than what I got! Hopefully they'll still do the exam!

We went to the zoo today with my neice and I seen 90million pregnant people. Kinda sucked seeing so many ladies preggo when I want to be... I didnt eat really anything all day. I just do not have an appetite. I ate two chicken wraps and a few chips for lunch, but I had to force those down. No I dont think I'm going to be able to eat dinner! I'm not hungry in the slightest little bit, and everyone wants to go out and eat. Guess it'll be a waste for me!

thanks babyjla dear :flower:

so tomorrow we are also planning to go outside, offcourse for some shopping too, as day after tomorrow our last day here, so we will fly to Pak on 17 Oct

i try to be in touch with all of you during my visit, wish n pray for my back jounrney soon probably Nov end or Dec start, all depends on visa process :thumbup:

i wish u all many many good wishes my dears, love u all n miss ya all in my journey :hugs::hugs:

Baby, oh it's been a nightmare! It's been heavy and we have a rental dumpster here and trying to clean up around the property and in the house. So I noticed the more I worked the more I was bleeding *UGH* I went to the super market and learned they don't sell ultras anymore! I was soooo pissed! I guess it's been a very long time since I've needed them, but still. I'm using super+ now and the cramps aren't too bad at times. I'm hoping tomorrow it will be a bit lighter, that would be nice :)

hi guys! i got my bfp today! im in disbelief, but i hope it gives you guys hope since if it wasnt for the metformin this wouldnt have happenned! im staying on the metformin for three months to reduce my risk of miscarriage. thanks to you all, and i hope the best for all of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->