Metformin & PCOS

Meli that stinks! I hope you get your bfp before then and don't have to worry about Clomid!!!

Hippie, I think the same way! Its easier to not be as let down than to be super excited for nothing. My obgyn prescribed Clomid my first visit. Actually my old obgyn did also. My visit was very simple. I went in, had an u/s done, physical, and spoke with the doc. It really depends on the doctor I think, but if you mention you'd really like to try the Clomid they may be willing to prescribe it. Also, I had only missed AF for one month and my ob prescribed provera to bring on a cycle. So your ob may prescribe something to induce AF if you havent gotten her by the time of your appointment. :hugs:

Hi there!

I've been on metformin 1500mg for about 3 and a half months. I'm happy to hear you are dealing with the medicine well! Unfortunately for me, the met has been awful. The first few weeks were the worst, I was have bad cramps, headaches, I felt sick 24/7, and of course lots of bathroom troubles. Once the worst of the effects wore off, I'm still stuck with an awful bathroom routine--having to use the bathroom 6 to 8 times a day and it hits rather instantly so its extremely frusterating. I have to eat a lot more fiber just to be able to make it though a work day with minimal interruptions. I just started Clomid 50mg, so I'm hoping its the miracle drug I have heard so much good things about.

However, the metformin DID regulate my cycle! I had an extremely unpredictable period. Some years I would get it only three or four times for short periods of time. Of course back then I was excited to never have to worry about it lol! But over time it got much worse, to the point where I would have a four month visit from AF. It was awful. But now, the metformin gave me a wonderful 25 day cycle, and it only took a month to regulate it. It may be a royal pain in the butt, but I'm thankful for the met!! Good luck with your TTC, lots of baby dust!!

you are right hippie, i also when visit my Gyn and asked her i want to concieve, she puts me on Clomid, i take for two months, in between had a talk with my cousin she is also Dr and in America, she asked me why you are taking Clomid any tests she done i said no, so she advised me visit Dr again and ask her for proper checkup both of you and DH.

and see last month i go for follicular study 2 times and US dr concludes may be i have PCOS as no changes seen as per last test. so i also believe now, first go for proper checkup aftertht start what medication your gyn puts you on as per reaults

Gals

really m feeling very weird, :winkwink: CD33 at its end, DPO12 ... and tdy m feeling backache on lower side, gassy, and flu ... and what m feeling blood clots in my left nose, now i dont know wts all dis, should i wait 2 more days and visit Dr or what:shrug:

Aein, maybe you should take a test. Those could be pregnancy symptoms. Or you could just be having a funky cycle and AF is on her way. I'm hoping for the first option, but if AF doesnt show up soon you shoulf definitely go to the doctor. That way whatever happens, preggo or what, the doctor can help.

Dreamery, I'm sorry to hear you're having bad symptoms from the Metformin! But thats great that it regulated your cycles. I really hope the Metformin regulates my cycles also!

On that note, I have a question for any of the ladies who have gotten cycles regulated from Metformin. Have any of you who have gotten AF from Metformin had painful cramps or any PMS symptoms that were severe that you think are caused from the Metformin? I took Provera to bring AF, and that does have bad side effects such as severe cramps, heavier cycles, and baaaaad pms. Well, last time I took provera I didn't have cramps this bad. There's only two things that changed: 1) I took a higher dose & 2) Metformin. So basically, I'm curious if your periods on Metformin are normal or are they unbareable? I really think my period is so rough this time because of the higher dose of Provera, but I'm curious.

babyjla, yes i will discuss with my DH today, will wait for 2 more days afterthat definitely visit Dr, as i can get better result from dere, i hope so dear your first option in a good luck manner work for me, InshahAllah :hugs::hugs:

So I finally called and made an appointment with a new gyn. They didn't have any openings until November 13th. So I am going to wait until then. Which I think it reasonable given what I have heard about this doctor. Worth the wait if the services are good, ya know.

Outside of that I am wondering if I have an enlarged cyst. I mentioned yesterday a lot of pain and I have realized it is on my left side on my back which is the same side that has been bothering me in my ovary area. The pain is not quite as bad as it was yesterday so I am hoping it will go away on its own.

Broke down today at 8 dpo and tested. Even though I know that it is to early. Of course I got a bfn. Now I am trying to hold out until Friday, which was when I originally wanted to test.

On that note, I have a question for any of the ladies who have gotten cycles regulated from Metformin. Have any of you who have gotten AF from Metformin had painful cramps or any PMS symptoms that were severe that you think are caused from the Metformin? I took Provera to bring AF, and that does have bad side effects such as severe cramps, heavier cycles, and baaaaad pms. Well, last time I took provera I didn't have cramps this bad. There's only two things that changed: 1) I took a higher dose & 2) Metformin. So basically, I'm curious if your periods on Metformin are normal or are they unbareable? I really think my period is so rough this time because of the higher dose of Provera, but I'm curious.

I never had period cramps or any other PMS symptoms before I took the metformin, but now I get some pretty bad cramps during AF and a mess of symptoms that pass with lots of midol and a heatpack on my abdomen. I never have anything too untolerable though, if I had to guess its the kickstart from the Provera that could be causing your discomfort.

krissie, be positive dear, i hope there should be no enlarge cysyt.. just be positive be happy all time, all will be ok :hugs::hugs:

Well the :witch: got me today. Now I am wondering if all my pains might be related to af showing up. If that is the case this is the worst pain I have experienced. And I am a bit concerned my LP was only eight days.

I have decided this cycle I am only going to take metformin. I am going to do this in preparation for my appointment in Nov. in case the doctor wants to do any kind of bloodwork I would like it to be as accurate as possible.

And I am not going to do any OPKs or the sort. I think it will be a nice break for hubby and I to not have the pressure.

Aweee darn! Sorry the witch got you krissie! Man I was really excited for you! I think taking a break from the OPK's will be good for you. When I did my first rounds of Clomid last year I was an OPK queen and it drove me INSANE. This go round, with my new doctor, he told me not to worry about OPK's. He said that in Nov when I go in, he'll do a scan to see if I O'd on my 2nd dose of Clomid 50mg assuming I am not pregnant by then. I am so relieved to not have to stress over that kinda stuff.

Dreamery, that STINKS! LOL I think a lot of it is because of the higher dose of Provera also, but they are just soooo bad this time. I mean dang! I guess I'll just have to wait and see til next time. My doc told me if I didnt get AF or a positive test by Nov 10th to take the Provera again. I'm really REALLY hoping I don't have to because of either a) it comes on its own or b) I'm preggy

So I am sitting here at CD 3. I am in a lot of pain still. I am getting worried so I changed my drs. appt. to Oct. 18 and agreed to see the PA instead. Hopefully its nothing serious and we can get back to TTC. I am planning to discuss Clomid and get my Metformin renewed.

How is everyone doing?

hi Krissie, best of luck dear

so i was abt to visit Dr tdy but see light spotting n now light bleeding started, so my cycle was irregular this time, 6 days up, ehhhhhh

now tomorrow i will visit Dr for my hormones test so will discuss after getting result with dr abt my and dh report too....

Good luck Aein... I hope the report is positive when you get it.

Hey Krissie, I'm sorry to hear you're in pain :( I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Aein, sorry AF showed up! But atleast you can go in for a few tests now and get answers! :D

As for me I'm doing okay. I'm on CD 7, AF is still here but considerably lighter. I'm not having the serious cramps I was having before, so thats good. I pulled a muscle in my back two days ago, so that still hurts. As for Metformin, I havent had any side effects lately, so I guess my body is fully adjusted to 1000mg. I'm on day 3 of clomid, and I'm hoping af will be gone by the weekend. Even though me and hubby cant dtd then because he's going hunting and wont be home :( he has amazing timing!

thxx krissie n babyjla

and yes tomorrow is a big day for me... please remember me in your prayers :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm cramping up a storm! It's been forever since I had a real AF so I'm wondering if she's going to show her ugly face >:[ Cramps feel like something's coming and I run to the bathroom and there's nothing there. I'm hoping it's more of a good sign then bad.

Wow, hippie if you get AF we'll all be pretty close to the same schedule (but I'm hoping its something better!!!) How long has it been since you had a period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->