Metformin & PCOS

I am on CD 30 today. I am not sure if I O'd. I don't think I did, but I wasn't using OPKs very faithfully. And I wasn't doing anything else either. I doubt I am preggers. I have thought it was possible, and I was thinking about testing at the end of the week if nothing changes. Honestly, I just think its pms at the moment.

Ohh okay. I'm CD 35 today :p and pretty sure my body is acting ******** lol. Ahhh, why can't we live in a perfect world where everyone's body did what it should?

Hey girlies, can I join in?

I've just been given metformin - been taking 500mg a day for a week and will up it to 1000mg for the next week then up to 1500mg from then on. Had a scan a couple of weeks ago which confirmed PCOS.

I have been TTC my second for 14 months. I had a MMC in February but apart from that...absolutely nothing!!

I'm due on in the next couple of days so going to take soy with the metformin. I really hope this stuff works! xx

Hi everyone!

Can I join your group?!?! I was just diagnosed with PCOS this week and I'm on day 3 of taking both Metformin and Provera. I am seeing an RE and the experience has been super great so far!

Technically I'm CD40 today and so once I'm done with the Provera I should expect AF (hopefully). The RE will then give me Clomid CD5-9. I'm optimistic it will work.

So far I have had NO side effects from the Metformin. I've had a few friends who warned me about it and they've stopped taking it because of the side effects. I did my research though and I'm on a strict low-carb diet and I think this has contributed to lack of side effects. I've also lost almost 3 pounds since starting it! AMAZING! Obviously it's a combination of the Metformin and my low-carb diet.

I was able to see all of the cysts on my ovaries during the ultrasound this week and it totally disgusted me. I have an issue with pimply looking things :p Gives me the creepy crawlies!! So that's motivation enough for me to stick with my good diet and exercise while I'm going through this treatment.

I'm glad there's a support thread directly helping this topic - thanks!!

Hi Rudolf - I too have just started metformin. However I do ovulate by myself just fairly late and not managing to get pregnant. When was your last AF? I hope metformin helps us both get that long awaited BFP xxx

Hi Rudolf - I too have just started metformin. However I do ovulate by myself just fairly late and not managing to get pregnant. When was your last AF? I hope metformin helps us both get that long awaited BFP xxx

I was ovulating regularly up until July. Now my cycles seem to be 70+ days long...last time I had AF was September 28th :wacko:

Good luck to you too with Metformin!! Have you had the dreaded side effects?

That is so frustrating. After my MMC in feb I had a 13 week wait before AF! The wait nearly killed me!!

The first couple of days I had a tummy ache which felt like trapped wind. Not had any loose movements...in fact the complete opposite. No more tummy ache, however about to up the dose tomorrow so we shall see. How about you?

Helll Beeka & Rudolf! Welcome to the thread!

Thanks Babyjla!! So glad to see this support thread :)

Beeka - I only had some very small tummy rumbles on the first morning after my first dose...but no loose movements either yet. I'm still at 500 mgs a day but I'll be working myself up to 2000 mgs over the next few weeks.

Sorry to hear about your mmc... :( I can't believe it took 13 weeks for AF to show - I'd just go crazy!! I have tried soy before but it was before I was on Metformin. It seemed to delay my O but who knows....every month is so different for me. This time I'm bypassing the Soy and going straight to the Clomid.

Welcome :)

Well ladies, we're out for next month :cry: hubby is going camping for a week right at the time I would be ovulating. So I'm not even going to take the Clomid this month, there's no point. He wont be home until a few days after I ovulate :( I'm not so excited about this cycle anymore...

:hi: Hi Rudolf168 & Beeka! Welcome :D

awwww baby :( I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: If it was my DH I would make him come back for a day to BD - lol:haha:

Welcome to the thread Beeka & Rudolf :wave: all the ladies here are great!

Baby - Hopefully you'll get some answers about what your body is doing soon! Blahhh! Sometimes it seems like our cycles to the exact opposite of what we expect! Sorry to hear about next month with DH :(

Hippie - have you tested again??

Krissie - hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised with a bfp this month!

As for me, I started randomly spotting today as well (that seems like a pattern throughout the thread lol) and now I'm totally confused about what to do about tomorrow and starting the provera. The spotting was more than just a little, and was definitely red (tmi?) but it still wasn't a steady flow (it started this afternoon, but had pretty much gone away entirely by dinner). Now I just feel bloated and crampy. It would be awesome if af came on it's own (I didn't O this month) and it would mean I would only have a 35 day-ish cycle - which would be super short compared to my regular 50+ day provera induced cycles (which would definitely be from the help of the met). Part of me wants to wait it out and see if the spotting will come back and turn into af, but at the same time, I'm impatient and don't want to waste anymore time waiting for af if it's not going to come :shrug: I'd rather start the provera and get it over with. Blahh :wacko: Any thoughts ladies?

I'd say take the Provera. I mean, if it is AF it can start while you're taking the provera and if its just spotting then you wont have wasted time. I'm def gonna take the provera on Friday, I'm not wasting anymore time, even though it really dont matter now. I'm so bummed right now I just wanna cry. Ughhh! And hippie, I would make him come home but he'll be over 2hrs away. And he falls asleep on long drives and I'd be too scared for him to drive that far.

I agree Baby, I'm tired of wasting time too so I'm gonna start the provera as planned tomorrow. My doc wants me go in to get a beta hcg blood test done just to be "sure" I'm not pregnant before starting the provera (they have a lab on site so they get the results the same day). Even tho I already know it, it's always a little depressing hearing someone tell me my test result is a bfn.

I'm really sorry about dh :hugs: Is there anyway that you could take a few days off and go and meet him there? Maybe make it a mini romantic getaway?

This whole ttc thing is such an emotional rollercoaster! :(

Yeah, I know what you mean. I always tell myself I wont get down about a bfn but it always makes me depressed. But no, I dont work at the moment, so its not a matter of not being able to get off work. Where he camps is on a little island at a river. Its a 3 mile boat ride to where they camp, and there's no cell phone service so there'd be no way for me to call him to come get me from the boat ramp. And on top of that, a bunch of men go. They all share one tent and they hunt the entire time, so I'd be alone on the hill while they all went hunting. Can't really dtd with his dad, uncle, and our BIL one bunk over lol. Only way for us to try this month would be for him to not go, and I dont want to be selfish and ask him not to go.

Yea I can see what you mean baby with 2 hours away.

As my for I haven't tested and I'm very gassy/slight cramps/still wet down there/emotional/tired/hungry/ahhhhh :( I have a $5.00 coupon for pregnancy tests so I may stop at Wal-Mart on the way home to get some. I want to test, but i'm afraid at the same time >.< I feel like I'm not that lucky to get a bfp right away? I'm thinking to wait to test until my mom's dog's has puppies :p She might even have them tonight. Either way i'm just nervous to test. I don't know what test strips I got off eBay are either so I don't know if they're good or bad brand either. *sigh*

Test!!! I'm so anxious to see that bfp!! But I know the feeling, its so depressing when you see a bfn. I'm praying for you to get a bfp!

LOL! I'm soooo nervous :( When I tested yesterday I was like it's going to be bfn because why should i get so lucky. I know it sounds like a negative approach, but when I see the bfn I don't beat myself up too much. I will buy the tests tonight from Wal-Mart and see what I get tomorrow.:thumbup: Thanks for thinking of me hun :hugs: I haven't said anything about TTC to my family except for DH & my mother and no one on Facebook. I only talk about it hear the most so it's hard sometimes to keep things to myself or support.

You tested yesterday??! Or do you mean OPK's? You're welcome, I know the feeling for sure. I talk to hubbs, but I dont think he fully understands the emotional tole it takes on me even though he's in the same position almost. I'm the only one with an issue, so it kills me that we've been ttc for so long with no luck. Its just to hard to tell others and then have to explain month after month why I'm not pregnant yet. It's easier just to wait until I am and tell them then. Then I don't have to explain everything so much, atleast thats my hope. I think we all think the same way about getting bfn's. It seems so much easier to see it if you get yourself in the mind set that its going to be there. I dont think it really is easier, it just seems that way. :hugs: I cannot wait to see the BFP you get in the morning!!!! FX'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->