Metformin & PCOS

I think I did test with those cheap test strips, not a brand name one. I'm not sure about testing because it's looking more like Glenda may have her puppies so I might be up half the night if she does. I did buy the clear blue since I had a $5.00 coupon and the woman gave the coupon back to me! So I can buy more if i need to. :thumbup:

I'm new and I was diagnosed with PCOS in June 2011. We've been TTC since June 2010 with no success. I got serious about taking my Met in Nov. 2011 and I've been on at least 500mg every night since then. It helped me lose almost 80 pounds and now we're getting ready to start Femara.

PCOS is frustrating, but good news is if PCOS is your only fertility issues chances are high that you'll eventually conceive it just take longer than average.

Thanks Babyjla!! So glad to see this support thread :)

Beeka - I only had some very small tummy rumbles on the first morning after my first dose...but no loose movements either yet. I'm still at 500 mgs a day but I'll be working myself up to 2000 mgs over the next few weeks.

Sorry to hear about your mmc... :( I can't believe it took 13 weeks for AF to show - I'd just go crazy!! I have tried soy before but it was before I was on Metformin. It seemed to delay my O but who knows....every month is so different for me. This time I'm bypassing the Soy and going straight to the Clomid.

Ah that's good you managed to skip the side effects too. I've got a nasty headache today but think that may be because I'm about to get AF.

I was going crazy!! Ever since the MMC my cycles have been a week longer than they used to be. I tried soy a few months ago and it also made my cycle longer. However Soy did give me higher temps after ovulation which made me happy. Hoping Soy with Met will do the job.

Are you trying for your first?

Welcome :)

Well ladies, we're out for next month :cry: hubby is going camping for a week right at the time I would be ovulating. So I'm not even going to take the Clomid this month, there's no point. He wont be home until a few days after I ovulate :( I'm not so excited about this cycle anymore...

Ahh I'm sorry - that must feel like such a waste of a cycle. How long are your cycles?

hippiekinz - Good luck with your test - hoping it is a BFP :thumbup:

tawanamood hello and welcome :flower: You are right - waiting longer than normal is very frustrating and at times its hard to imagine yourself ever getting pregnant!! But like you say it will happen eventually, just got to practice our patience skills :winkwink:

Thanks Beeka, it does feel like a wasted cycle. As of right now, I dont know how long my cycles are. Averagely before starting provera & without Metformin, they can be anywhere from 60 - 150 days. But I tested again yesterday and got bfn, so I took provera to get my cycle. I'm currently on CD 36, and af should be here by the weekend with taking provera. So a week or so after being on AF would be when I O'd, and hubbs would be gone. :cry:

Hippie, thats great she gave your coupon back! How many were in the pack? And what kind of dog does your mom have?

Ah that's good you managed to skip the side effects too. I've got a nasty headache today but think that may be because I'm about to get AF.

I was going crazy!! Ever since the MMC my cycles have been a week longer than they used to be. I tried soy a few months ago and it also made my cycle longer. However Soy did give me higher temps after ovulation which made me happy. Hoping Soy with Met will do the job.

Are you trying for your first?

That's interesting that Soy made your temps higher than normal. I'll need to go check my chart from my Soy cycle and see if I notice a difference in my LP temps :)

Yes, trying for my first. You?

Here's a question for anyone: I'm on my 4th day of taking Metformin and Provera together. I'm CD42 today. I've started noticing some "twinges"....I'm not sure you could even call them that....but I've just been noticing some type of slight movement that's not stomach or bowel movement. Is this a pretty common occurrence?

also new to metformin, however not diagnosed with pcos. no side effects I started 9 days ago on the ER 500mg.

short story is TTC round 2 after about a 2 year break. 1st attempt was through OB with clomid and timed intercourse. Now I am seeing a RE for IUI. found out I have thyroid antibodies, so added meds w/baby asprin. 1st cycle of clomid at 50mg didnt work, so this CC 100mg cd 1-5 with metformin. cd 8 now 3 days since last pill and cramping, so feel like something must be happening this round(hopefully not to soon). my scan is Nov 12th! if I have follicles I will also take a trigger shot. Im feeling a bit over whelmed, but hopeful after finding this site and knowing I am not alone.

Hi Every1 i havent been on here since my first post, ive been so busy with work its been crazy. I was actually stuck at wrk for 3days becus of the hurricane lol. Anyways the side effects from the met is kicking my butt so much that some days i dnt take it... I know that's bad but sum days its hard to go through wen im constantly nauseous! Ive been getting slight cramps here n there so its def working i jus cant wait to have a full period on my own.
@baby sorry ur out this mth, mayb the short break and stress free from ttc will wrk out in ur favor the following mth n u get ur bfp!
@hippie hope u got ur bfp!
And welcome newcomers :)

OK ladies,

I tested and it was BFN down the line, but me being me I tested OPK as well. Is it bad to use FMU with OPK because I did it in the past and they were negative and today well, VVVVVV
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/lilhippie/IMG_0142.jpg
I did a second one just to be on the safe side! My CP is SUPER high and I believe it's soft. If this is all true, I could be O'ing? What do you ladies think and baby I think it's darker then the last one too! I made sure to use the better camera for this shot!

p.s. puppies never came yet and she's a mini australian shepherd :)

p.s.s. I should also mention I woke up around 4am to pee and then woke up and to pee11:45am - i don't know if that makes a difference?

@hippie it seems positive, im nt good at reading those things lol

Whaaaaat?!?! That is crazy! That deffinitely looks positive! I'm confused haha. Did you test with two OPK's or is that last times OPK too?

Aweeee, I love aussie's! What color is she? I always wanted one but my husband wanted Boykins lol

Hi ladies!

Well as soon as I posted the pic Glenda had her puppies. So far there are 4, but I think another one is on the way. I have NO CLUE now what's going on. The one on the bottom was first and the one on top was the second test i took with same urine. I've been testing and it's been -OPK. Im not sure what the test strips are:shrug:I bought them off eBay for cheap. I used a clear blue hpt though today. Both pregnancy tests were negative while the OPK was positive! My CM is still watery and CP is super high unless I bear down. I think I'm going to BD today to be safe and see what happens. I know once I record my cross line on the FF will be dotted, but I maybe I was ready to O the first time, but didn't? I guess only time will tell.:dohh:

@hippie from the pic it looks positive mayb u shud bding 2nite! Has any1 had itching as a symptom of met? Im itchy all over n my boobs and fingertips keep peeling... Idk wats goin on?

Hi to all the new ladies! :wave:

Hippie - that is totally bizarre! but both tests look positive to me :shrug: Sorry about your bfn :( but I agree, I think it's a good call to bd tonight, just to be safe and have all your bases covered :thumbup: Also, I bet the puppies are ADORABLE!

wanababy - I'm on 1500mg of met and I've had some stomach problems side effects but no itching - is it possible you could be having a minor allergic reaction to it?

Rudolf - I'm just started provera today along the met and I'm having some mild cramping, which (in my experience at least) is pretty normal with provera. Baby had also mentioned earlier that she has cramping with provera as well. Is it possible that what's your twinges are?

Baby - how are you feeling hun?

Hi :)

Well I had EWCM!!!! I checked and my CP is SUPER high, soft, open and wet! The clear CM stretched like i've never seen before. I also took another OPK later on and it was positive as well! The test line was even darker then the control line this time!

DH & I BD like the wind, lol:haha:

I also override my FF because all the signs this time are much better then last and I believe this time I'm actually O'ing compared to last time.

Rudolf - I'm just started provera today along the met and I'm having some mild cramping, which (in my experience at least) is pretty normal with provera. Baby had also mentioned earlier that she has cramping with provera as well. Is it possible that what's your twinges are?

Thanks!! I've been doing research all day about Provera and found exactly what you said. It does appear normal. In fact, the twinges have turned into full on cramps....not painful ones though....just uncomfortable. It totally feels like AF is coming any minute. I would find it so strange if AF showed up before I'm even done with my full 10-day dosage!

:)

Hi JL, I'm doing okay. Just bummed. But, what can ya do :shrug:

Hippie, I think you should over ride it. I agree, I think your body geared up to O but never did :shrug: your tww begins again! Lol.

Rudolf, JL is right. I took one 10mg provera pill yesterday and I've been having cramping/twinges all day. I think its a side effect of the Provera and not the Metformin, should be gone after AF leaves :D

Hi :)

Well I had EWCM!!!! I checked and my CP is SUPER high, soft, open and wet! The clear CM stretched like i've never seen before. I also took another OPK later on and it was positive as well! the test line was even darker then the control line!

DH & I BD like the wind, lol:haha: I'm wondering if I'm close to O'ing or doing so. I wondering if i should override my FF? What do you ladies think? I'm thinking I was ready to O the first time, but it may not of happen?

AWESOME!! Such a good sign. Really the only way to confirm if you did O is to see that temp rise afterward....so perhaps wait on overriding FF until you know for sure. Just because you get that positive OPK doesn't necessarily mean it will happen....but you've got all of the indicators telling you it will! So just focus on the BDing!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

EDIT: I misunderstood what you wanting to override. If FF said you ALREADY ovulated then yeah, probably go ahead and override it :)

Rudolf, JL is right. I took one 10mg provera pill yesterday and I've been having cramping/twinges all day. I think its a side effect of the Provera and not the Metformin, should be gone after AF leaves :D

Thanks :) I agree with you....definitely feels like something that the Provera would cause. It's weird though...if it causes AF-like symptoms, I wonder why my boobs aren't sort like usual. It's odd how it's only the cramping :shrug:

When I take Provera, I usually only get cramping until AF actually starts. Then I get cramps, back ache, sore bbs, and the whole deal with the arrival of AF lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->