Metformin & PCOS

Ive always had horrible cramping and pms when i took provera. As far as the mett i noticed that drinkin orange juice is good for tummy upset.

Ive always had horrible cramping and pms when i took provera. As far as the mett i noticed that drinkin orange juice is good for tummy upset.

ooie thanks for the tip ill give it a god even the hot water didnt help this time :thumbup:

Well, happy to say my temp from today moved my O date meaning I BD the day before and on:happydance: The crosslines are solid as well and I'm 3DPO! Now it's time for the waiting game - AGAIN!:dohh:

Haha, poor hippie! As if the waiting game isnt bad enough, you have to suffer two this cycle!!! Lol, I hope its all worth it! :hugs:

I'm on CD2 today, and AF is not going easy on me! But, I'm excited to try again this month. And SUPER excited Thanksgiving is next week!! I cannot believe it got here so fast! But I am sooo ready for fried turkey and cranberry sauce :) yummm! & to top it all off that'll be right around the time I'll be ovulating! I have a dr appt the following Monday so I can have a check up, and a scan to be sure I'm O'ing. If not he'll up my dose of Clomid & I'm going to ask to up my dose of Metformin. He may or may not seeing as AF did almost come on her own this month...? :shrug: guess we'll see!

Yay Hippie!! I'm excited for you, it sounds like you had good BD timing. Puppy is right, based on your pattern of cm dry up and the large temp shift on the 29th, it looks like you O'd on the 28th. Also, most women will O 24-48 hours after their first positive opk, which supports the idea that you O'd on the 28th. You're definitely still in this month!! :thumbup: Booo to having to go through the tww again tho lol. Fx for a bfp!!!

Baby - I'm sorry to hear af is going rough for you, but yay for a new cycle and O that dh will be around for!! Fx that this your month! :D I totally forgot that a lot of you ladies would be celebrating Thanksgiving - I live in Canada so our Thanksgiving is in October. Enjoy the yummy turkey!!!

As for me, still no af yet, but the 10mg provera is kicking my butt! I've got killer cramps and generally just feel really blah, but I know it'll pass once af comes and goes.

Thanks JL! Oh wow, yeah I totally forgot when I put that I was excited for Thanksgiving that not everyone lives in the US haha!! Ughhh, I know what you mean about the cramps! Mine arent horrible, but then again I only took one 10mg pill! When I took 4 last cycle though, my cramps were the worst! I know the cramps I'm having are due to the Provera because I never get cramps if AF comes naturally lol

Adding the metformin worked! I have 3 large follies 21.5mm/27mm/18mm had triger shot last night (oh my goodness I was achy) and IUI is today!

Adding the metformin worked! I have 3 large follies 21.5mm/27mm/18mm had triger shot last night (oh my goodness I was achy) and IUI is today!

I haven't been on this forum in a while, but I read it today and wanted to say good luck on your IUI today! I am sending baby dust and sticky bean vibes your way :happydance:

I had my 1st IUI today!!! triggered last night. follicles were at 27.5,21,18. husbands count after wash was 33.5million!!! feeling fine it was easy doctor told me to go ahead with normal routine. she didn't even have me sit there.I went back to work right after.

Puppymom - yay for your tubes being clear! :thumbup: how was the HSG? Was it painful?? Did you have bad cramping?? Sorry for all the questions, but I have to have a Saline Sonohysterogram later this month and my understanding is that it's similar to an HSG but using saline and ultrasound instead of dye and x-rays. It sounds silly, but I'm terrified of the feeling of the catheter through the cervix into the uterus, it just sounds so uncomfortable!! :shock:

So, I couldn't feel the catheter, but I did have quite a bit of cramping. It only lasted about 30 seconds though, if that. I was told that the cramping can vary in women, just like menstral cramps (although I rarely have menstral cramps). I think much of my cramping was due to the fact that my uterus is tilted, so it was also being pulled on slightly to get a better view of my actual tubes. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, in order to help with my fertility! I also did not take any meds beforehand, although I have heard that some doctors do recommend it.

That's a big relief to hear. I've also heard that cramping can vary amoung women as well. I've always had really bad cramping with my periods, ever since I was young, so I figure I'm used to it lol. My doc recommended that I take some ibuprofen before (given my cramping history) just to make things a bit more comfortable. I think I'm more afraid of the unknown, hence the fear of the catheter lol.

Hey all - just checkin in - I'm glad to hear there's some good progress with everyone :)

I've got two nights left of my Provera. I'm hoping for AF to arrive sometime over the weekend and then start Clomid next week.

I'm sort of dreading AF after taking the Provera - everyone seems to be saying it's the worst period ever. ACK!!

Puppy, glad to hear your HSG went well!

Rudolf, hopefully Provera wont be too hard on you!! I only took one 10mg pill this month and the witch showed up 3 days after taking it. So far I havent had really any cramps, and AF hasnt been near as heavy as last month. Last month I took four 10mg pills and my cramps were horrible. I was stuck on the couch for 10 days with cramps so bad I couldnt hardly move. After taking the 4 pills and seeing how bad my cramps were I decided not to take the full 7 my doctor wanted me to take. Anyways, hopefully it wont be so bad. :hugs:

ACK that worries me even more because I've been taking 10mg pills for 10 days straight now!! HAHAHAHA....I'm hoping I didn't get wracked too bad.

I took my last provera tonight. Here's to hoping that af shows soon and without too many cramps! Rudolf, is this your first time taking provera?

I took my last provera tonight. Here's to hoping that af shows soon and without too many cramps! Rudolf, is this your first time taking provera?

Hey i think af usually shows up like 2 days later. The longest with me one time was a whole wk. So fxd urs come rite away lol

Thanks wanababy :) -that's normally how my cycles work as well (with af coming within 2 days of my last pill). In the past I've always taken 5mg pills for 14 days though, and this time I took 10mg pills for 7days, so I'm hoping my cycle still follows the same pattern. Ugh, I'll be so frustrated if I have to wait a week! lol. I just want to get af over with so I can start a new cycle. What dose do you normally take / for how long?

Hey ladies. CD4 has been a doozie! Super heavy, I'm sooo ready for this to be done with! Thankfully the cramps and such still arent really bad, but the flow is sooooo heavy. Ughh.

Rudolf, :hugs: didnt mean to scare you! Hopefully it wont be bad for you! Everyone is different :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->