Metformin & PCOS

so lady's just a quick update after my first round clomid just had a progesterone levels done only at 2.9 (so low )
ovulated well i thought so on the 31st now the 15th so devo really thought i caught the egg
still bfn on tests
got more clomid so fingers crossed for bfp for Christmas might ask doc for progesterone shots ??
any other ideas ?

illbeamum, what CD are you on??

I'm CD5 and just took my first Clomid pill for the month. AF has lightened up considerably today which is very nice. By the looks of it the witch should be gone in the next 2 or 3 days :happydance: also lost 2 more pounds which has to be from the Metformin because I havent done anything :D super stoked!

Hello ladies,

Thought I'd stop by since it's been a few days. I'm 7DPO though I need to get to bed so I can take my temp in a few hours. I went to seeing Breaking Dawn part 2, yes I'm a HUGE Twilight fan :D

So I'm just wondering here, I've been sooooo tired! Like I will fall asleep around 11pm (which isn't normal since I'm usually in bed 1am-2am) and even when I wake up - i'm tired. Not only that, but i'm fricken emotional! I swear my DH could do the smallest thing wrong and I'm in tears screaming a fit and back to crying? Like tonight i was so upset I dropped him at our friends house for a pre twilight dinner/movie party and rushed to the store to get more food and get away. My friend drove over and as soon as she asked if I was OK I was trying not to have a breakdown in the store. So weird. It's not like me. I'm wondering if it's a sign of AF coming or what:shrug: My temps are still higher, much better then last time I thought I O'd so I'm 99.9% sure I O'd this time. Guess I'll wait to see what the days bring. If AF is suppose to show up it will be on Thanksgiving day. Oh joy - possible PMSing with my in laws.:dohh: ok time for bed, i'm having the hardest time keeping my eyes open:sleep:

Wow hippie, that sounds like its going to be an interesting week for you!! FX'd its not because of PMS!!

*UGH* I hope it's not PMS! I don't have hard cramps like last time either during my TWW I get slight tiny cramps that last a few seconds and then nothing. Even last time I got my AF I wasn't this emotionally. I hope no clue what my body is up to:dohh:

@baby-that is def the metformin working. Ive lost 10pds doin nufin becus of it.
@hippie sounds like positive symptoms to me :)

hippie, I looked at your chart and would have no question that you ovulated!

Thanks ladies:hugs:

I'm so glad I tested the OPK that day! If i didn't I would of missed my O date for sure and wouldn't of BD the day before and on O day! I'm only 7DPO so far and the waiting is killing this time since I thought I O'd earlier and I didn't.. Just my life! At least my O this time was 10 days sooner then last cycle so the 1000mg is working good on that part :)

Ahhhh, Hippie I can't wait for you to test!!

I am very excited for you hippie!!

As for me the witch got me today. I am ready to start a new cycle. I didn't o this one but it was several days shorter.

Found out hubby's insurance kicks in after the new year so we are hoping to get him in for a physical and possibly a referral to the urologist.

illbeamum, what CD are you on??

I'm CD5 and just took my first Clomid pill for the month. AF has lightened up considerably today which is very nice. By the looks of it the witch should be gone in the next 2 or 3 days :happydance: also lost 2 more pounds which has to be from the Metformin because I havent done anything :D super stoked!

yayaya for a light af i wish hahaha yayaya for losing weight i have been on metformin for 2 or 3 years no change

sorry is cd cycle day um like 28 ?? i think 30 day cycle with clomid , and i have been spotting for 3 days now still brown not normal period:wacko: i ll wait for the 32nd day then take next round of clomid :happydance: or should i take it now as i have been spotting ???/

Krissie, sorry to hear the witch got you! But glad your cycle was shorter! Thats fantastic!

Illbeamum, thanks & yes CD means cycle day. I've never taken Clomid until I had a full flow. I have spotting sometime's before AF that lasts a few days and I dont count it as CD1 until I have a full flow. You might want to call your doc and ask just to be sure.

Hey all - I'm curious about something and I tried posting my own thread but no one has responded :(

I had my last dose of Provera on Wednesday night. I've been taking it to induce AF....Thursday morning I expected my temps to remain elevated...but Friday morning and this morning (Saturday) they are still elevated?!?! How long does it take for the Provera to get out of my system? Have a look at my chart if it will make more sense. I'm kind of wishfully thinking that I may have actually O'd on my own on the SAME day I started taking both Metformin and Provera....thoughts?

**EDIT: I searched a ton of charts on FF and I've found quite a few charts that are similar to mine...in both ways...both anovulatory as well as pregnancy charts. So I guess I just need to keep waiting to see if my temps remain and/or if AF arrives :)

As far as I know it can take up to 7 days for AF to arrive after your last pill, mine always starts anywhere from 1 - 3 days after though. As far as the temps, I have no clue :shrug: I've never temped. I know you arent supposed to take Provera when pregnant because it can cause birth defects and even miscarriage, but I'm not sure what effect it would have on your if you O'd when you started taking it :shrug: hope you get an answer soon hun :hugs:

Rudolf, what time did you take your provera, the first day you took it? I am curious, as to me it looks like you must have had a temp rise before you took your first pill (unless you took it before you took your temp, which wouldn't make sense). So, there is a possibility that you did ovulate on your own that day?

So just wondering here, has anyone ever gotten hungry after O'ing? I'm 8DPO and since yesterday I've been HUNGRY! I feel like I'm starving even AFTER I eat! We got pizza for dinner tonight and I wolfed down 2 slices like it was my last meal. Then I got 2 more and did the same thing! I even gave DH the look for a bite of his because I didn't want to look like a pig getting another slice. I'm really trying not to let any symptom spotting go to my head, but this didn't happen last cycle. I was just wondering if it may be something normal?:shrug:

P.S I've never taken provera so I don't know anything about it.

Hippie, honestly I usually get hungry right before O and about a few days to a week after I start feelin starved again for a week or so. Everyone is different though, and that defo can be a symptom! Its one reason why I always question my tww bc its somethin that happens for me everytime I O. :dohh: Hopefully its a good sign for you though!!

Yea, I wasn't hungry at all around O time, just started a week later. Still tired as always though. That's becoming a pain because all I want to do is sleep and thats it. I'm even tired right now and I went to bed at 11pm and woke up around 9am. *ugh* I wish this 2WW would be over -.-

Baby and Puppy - thanks so much for replying and helping me out!! I definitely know that AF can arrive as late as two weeks from your last pill...so I'm not too concerned about it actually showing....I just find it odd that my temps are still elevated.

I took Provera in the evenings with dinner. So on my chart the first night I took it was CD39 and I had a low temp...then immediately the next morning I had the huge temp spike. I just attributed it to the Provera but the spike seems awfully huge. I'm just very weirded out by the whole thing. Right now it's 3 days since taking my last pill and I have ABSOLUTELY NO inclination that AF will be arriving soon. Very odd.

Hippie I am sooo ready for your tww to be over too!! I am sooo excited for you!!!

Rudolf, that is odd that you dont feel like AF is coming... :shrug: maybe its taking its time. Or maybe you got lucky!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->