Metformin & PCOS

Baby - we shall see what happens. According to FF my AF should show up on Thanksgiving and I'm suppose to test the 28 since this is my 2 cycle temping, but I'm actually thinking of testing on Thanksgiving...... If it's negative then I'll wait til the 28 unless AF gets me before hand.

^^^ Hahaha I'm hoping it's the latter....if my temps are still up in the morning I *may* consider testing just for fun :p

Hmmm, thats exciting! Hopefully you'll get a BFP on Thanksgiving and not AF! That would be such a great Thanksgiving! :D

Hi Ladies,

It's been a few days since I've visited so I thought I would say hello! :wave:

Rudolf, I'm in a similar situation as you (without the elevated temps) - I'm 5 days past the end of taking provera and just started spotting today. I normally get af within 2 days of finishing, but this time it took this long just to get spotting :shrug: I wonder if it has something to do with the combination with the met? I've had lots of cramping that made me think af was coming... but then it didn't :shrug: I'm really hoping I get full flow tomorrow so I can get on with the start of a new cycle!

Hippie - your chart looks fantastic!! :thumbup: Have you tested yet!?! Oh, and I'm a huge Twilight fan as well and just saw Breaking Dawn pt 2 and loved it! The twist at the end was CRAZY! :D

How are all you other ladies doing? What cd are you on Baby? Didn't you say your O date should fall around Thanksgiving?

Hi Ladies,

Rudolf, I'm in a similar situation as you (without the elevated temps) - I'm 5 days past the end of taking provera and just started spotting today. I normally get af within 2 days of finishing, but this time it took this long just to get spotting :shrug: I wonder if it has something to do with the combination with the met? I've had lots of cramping that made me think af was coming... but then it didn't :shrug: I'm really hoping I get full flow tomorrow so I can get on with the start of a new cycle!

Very interesting! AF did actually arrive very late Saturday night, very light. Yesterday was when she came on with a slightly heavier flow and today it's medium. Oddly enough, I was expecting the worst because I've heard so many horror stories of AF with Provera being the worst period ever....I've found the opposite in fact - no cramps whatsoever, just very dull aches. I wonder if it's the Met having an influence on the cycle?

I'm sorry to hear you're having the cramps...it's so odd how people can have such different experiences. So ultimately...I stopped Provera last Wednesday night and AF showed up on Saturday night. That's about 3 days.

Hi JL, FX'd you get AF full force tomorrow and start a new cycle! I'm on CD9 today, and O is due around 11/24 - 11/29 so just a few days after Thanksgiving. I have had some watery cm today mixed with spotting on a few wipes :shrug: not sure what thats about but the watery cm tends to start after AF so thats totally normal.

Rudolf, glad to hear AF is going easy on you.

Hippie, have you tested??!

haha baby, no - i'm trying VERY HARD to wait till Thanksgiving. My mom had knee replacement surgery today so I've been here at the hospital. I'm actually still waiting for her to be done in recovery atm. I've been very hungry here, VERY nausea when I'm in the elevator. I mean I get slight stomach flips, but now it's like I have to control myself from barfing :[ Also at times getting light headed. This morning I had the highest time yet at 97.90. So I'm not sure yet.:shrug: I feel so different this 2WW then last time.

How are you waiting???! Lol, different is good :D I can't wait for you to test!!

OK, well this morning I caved in and tested - bfn :( My temp went down and judging from my last cycle if my temp doesn't rise AF may be on her way T.T I hope not! Since last night til this morning I've been feeling motion sickness. The elevators at the hospital made my stomach doing heavy flips and I felt like I was going to barf! Then this morning I woke up with the strongest urge to puke. That's why I tested. My temp was a bit low, but I feel like it had to do with our room. Zeus, our dog, pee'd on the thick comforter so I slept under a think blanket in my underwear and tank top. So I'm wondering if they may of effected my temp? I guess I'll have to see what my temp is tomorrow. I feel some slight craps on and off and wet feeling down there, but when I wipe it's nothing but clear with a little creamy CM mixed:shrug:

Oh Hippie!! I don't think you're out just yet! I wouldn't worry too much about 1 low temp....see how it looks tomorrow and you may have a better idea :)

How many DPO are you now hippie?? I agree with Rudolf, dont count yourself out yet for sure!! Everything looks sooooo good for you, I have everything crossed that you'll get your BFP in a few days! A BnB buddy of mine had a cycle where she had stark white bfn and then all of a sudden a few days later had a dark BFP! So you are defo not out until the witch shows!

Thanks Rudolf168 & Baby!

I'm at the hospital with my mom again. She didn't want me to leave when my dad did so I'll stay a few more hours.

So far today after taking my temp: my stomach is still on edge with some gas bubbles moving around. I still have motion sickness on the elevators. A slight on and off headaches. Some slight on and off cramps with sudden urge to use the bathroom and when I wipe nothing but pee with a little creamy cm again. I am very tired and want so bad to sleep, but I'll keep awake to stay with mom, but i'm sure once i get home i will pass out cold. I also want mac and cheese. like craving something. I already gave in to oatmeal cookies they had here! SOOOO GOOD! lol. I'm also still a bit emotional. So no clue if this is just AF signs or other? I wonder what my temp will be tomorrow and i'm making sure this time I have my heavy blanket on tonight!

p.s. i also meant thin blanket, not thick.

p.s.s I'm 11DPO

Sadness, I'm spotting lightly tonight, I feel hard cramps coming on and I think AF will swing in full force tomorrow:cry:Well at least this cycle was 10days shorter then last time so 50 days to 40days is a big improvement which i guess is good news.:thumbup:Oh well maybe will be lucky before DH's bday which is Jan 1, he's a new years baby. Born 5 minutes right after midnight :) Thanks again ladies I'm semi excited for 3rd cycle.

Oh no hippie!!! :cry: everything looked so good for you! I hate PCOS! Are you sure it couldn't possibly be implantation spotting? By any chance? :hugs: stupid AF.

Nah, I put a super in last night because that's all i have atm and when I woke up it was mostly covered and the cramps are hitting me harder. My Luteal Phase last time was 12 days and this time 11days. So I should still be ok since luteal phase is about 10days to 16days. At least I see I O'd later then I thought was right this time. If nothing happens again this cycle and when I see the GYN in Jan I'm sure clomid will be added to help me. Good to see I got AF again on my own, so the Met is working for me in that favor. Just hoping I'm O'ing because I know when you get AF doesn't always mean an egg was there? IDK I thought I heard that along the lines somewhere:shrug:

Oh well onto cycle 3!

Yeah, you can have anovulatory periods but I dont think thats the case with you. Sorry to hear the witch got you :( 3rd times the charm right? Lol

Awww man...sorry to hear AF actually did arrive....but you're right....moving down to 40 days IS a huge improvement :) I wish I had that luck!

Hi ladies!!

Im 31, DH is 44... we have been ttc for months now, and we seem to be hitting brick walls.

I was diagnosed 2 days ago with pcos.... but I have some questions.

I saw the cysts on my ovaries when the obgyn did the scan. But I dont have excessive weight gain (a few kilos, but I thought it was just bloatedness), and af always come on time but the last few af's were shorter (like 4 days shorter) with more pain (a different kind of pain too). I also dont have excessive acne. Could I have the cysts with only one other symptom and would this still qualify as pcos?? I used to get functional cysts at least once every other month which were painful (I could actually feel them popping and I knew AF would come the next day) but these cysts we saw the other day are all like pinhead size.

Dr has put me on Inofolic, and DH and I are both taking Staminogro. Can I also take feminon with this?

Hey mini... it is definitely possible to have no other symptoms and still have PCOS.

Sorry you are out hippie it was looking so good. fx it happens soon.

As for me I had some spotting for three days but it remained brown. So still no official af. I have never had my cycles do this. I got some back pain yesterday that is similar to what happened right before my last period. So who knows what's going on.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US! Lol

Mini, I believe it is definitely possible to have pcos with not many symptoms. My mom has it, and af is always regular for her. She was never overweight or anything. The only problem she had ever was ovulation.

Krissie, have you tested lately, just to be sure?

As for me I'm just waiting to O. Nothing new to report :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->