Metformin & PCOS

Hi Ladies!

Baby - I'm so glad to hear about your dh and that things are going well!! I'm on 1500mg of met right now (immediate release) and aside from a few random days of tummy troubles, I haven't had any bad side effects at all. Fx that the increase will be all you need to get your bfp! :thumbup:

Hippie - sorry to hear you're so exhausted. It sounds like you've definitely been keeping busy! How is your mom doing?

Bunny Boo - congrats on af!! That's exciting! I'm hoping the met will eventually do the same for me!

As for me - I'm currently on cd10 and waiting to see if O will happen naturally with the help of the met. I finally had my saline sono today and it was super easy! I was SO anxious about it but my obgyn was AMAZING and totally put me at ease. Even better, I got the results of the test back on the spot and was told that my uterus is completely normal - no fibroids, polyps, or scarring (from my past miscarriage) :thumbup: So basically all I have left to do is the cycle monitoring next month (through bloodwork and ultrasound) and then my RE is going to prescribe me clomid to amp up my chances of O'ing. Dh and I leave on Saturday for our mini-vacation away to celebrate our wedding anni, so all in all I'm feeling in much better spirits :)

Thanks JL, I couldnt believe it! Not sure if it's because I O'd or if its due to hormones changing because of met, I'm new to all this!

Good luck with this month, hope you O soon! Glad you got all good news with your test and that your feeling happier. Fingers crossed more good news is to come!

I'm incredibly late on joining this thread, but I'm a PCOS + met (+clomid) gal, too. :)

I take metformin 500mg, twice a day. I'm currently CD17. Fingers crossed!

JL, that has been my experience with Metformin too. I'm also on immediate release & I've only ever had a few bad days. Nothing too unbareable. Hope this cycle goes fast for you so you can start Clomid!! Or you O on your own lol thats always nice :D

Welcome we cant wait :D

My mom is not doing too well, she's feeling weak all the time and in lots of pain. We have a 2 week follow up appointment with the surgeon this Tuesday, so will see what's up.

Speaking of up, my temps seem to be higher then the past 2 months when my cycle started? I wondered if sleeping under a heavy comforter is doing that? I usually knew when I O'd because my temps were alway in the 96 area and when they hit 97 something was O'ing, but now it's like 97 somethings with a few high 96. Maybe it's stress as well >.< I'm even debating if I want to try this month with all the stress and stuff going on. I feel so overwhelmed :(

Awee hippie :hugs: so sorry to hear your mom isnt doing well :( I'll be praying she gets better soon! & sorry you are so stressed! I definitely know the feeling. I hope things start looking up for you soon. Maybe you should just let everything run its course for this month & see what happens. Thats pretty much what I've been doing & I've had other things on my mind so its helped me not think about ttc constantly. I'm due for AF sometime next week & I havent had any mid- cycle spotting like last cycle. So we shall see. I'll test later in the week & if bfn I'll calculate when I need to take provera.

Yea, I've been so stressed so I think I'm going to just relax this month. I have a follow up with my GYN in Jan so maybe I'll see if I'm O'ing for sure and go from there. I may be put on Clomid if we haven't succeed by then and maybe it's for the best because like i said i'm stressed! *ugh*

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I had some light brown when I wiped today. AF is due around Friday or so, so I guess this spotting one week early is going to be a monthly tradition.

Hey guys, my docs just put me back on metformin (took it 3+ years ago wen ttc) wen i was last on it i had horrendous side effects (bathroom department sorry tmi) does anyone have any tip on how to minimise the side effects? x

Hello claireybelle! I haven't really had much trouble taking it at all, but I have heard if you get ER instead of immediate it helps. Also taking the Metformin right before bed has seemed to help some people, though I havent tried either as I havent had any trouble with it. Just curious, did you concieve last time you took the Metformin? & how long did it take?

i did concieve, after 9months of it, clomid failed and i was on the ivf waiting list n only takin metformin n i concieved on my birthday lol :) i took my first dose at 5:15 with my dinner tonight n got bad side effects already, i hope i concieve soon so i can come off them again lol how long have u been on metformin x

Oh thats great! Sorry you're still having side effects :hugs: I have been on Metformin since the end of September. So going on 3 months. October I started Clomid again, & I believe I did ovulate but got bfn. This month I took the same dose of Clomid but I havent even monitored ovulation or anything. Last month I drove myself nuts with checking my cervix, cm, & symptom spotting, so this month I decided not to do all that. I'm due for AF late this week, & I had some very slight spotting yesterday. So if no AF by Friday I'll test & if bfn or no af by CD35 I'll take provera again I imagine :wacko:

Hippie - :hugs: I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed - hopefully things will calm down for you a bit soon.

I have a question for all the ladies who have taken provera - I'm in a bit of a predicament. I was just counting my cycle days and realized that (assuming I don't O on my own and I will have to take provera at day 35 to induce a period) that will put me on cd14ish while dh and I are away visiting with relatives for the holidays - meaning I won't be able to do the cycle monitoring at my RE's clinic, meaning I'll have to wait ANOTHER month to start to clomid :cry: ..... So here's what I'm thinking - I already have the prescription for provera, I'm thinking about starting it tomorrow (which would only be cd17 for me), that way af would come earlier and I'll still be around to do the cycle monitoring at the clinic. I chart my bbt and cm so I can confidently say that I haven't O'ed, so there isn't any chance that I'm pregnant, so I can't really do any harm taking provera on cd 17.... What do you ladies think?

I personally would do it JL. If you know you didnt O & there's no chance of pregnancy I dont see why not. I mean I wouldnt take it that early on a regular basis, but I dont think one time will hurt.

Thanks baby, that's my thought as well. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow morning to take one last temp just to be 110% sure I didn't O, and then I'm gonna take it. Like you said, it's not something I'll make a habit of, but this one time I think it just makes sense. I did some searching online and found lots of women who have taken provera at cd16 as well and had no issues. How are you feeling? Are you still spotting?

Yeah, I'd definitely do the same thing for the sake of not wasting another month. I'm doing good, the spotting was for one day & thats it. It happened last month too about a week before AF was due, but last month it lasted 5 days instead of one. I've been feeling constantly wet & run to the bathroom a lot to make sure I'm not spotting or need a panty liner, but so far its just cm. If I had a 28 day cycle, AF would be due tomorrow so we shall see. I havent really had much pms besides some bloating off & on & a little back pain, so I'm thinking I may have to take provera again if I get a bfn. I didnt track O this month so I really dont know if I O'd or anything. I'm just kinda going blindly through it this month lol

Hey Ladies, the thread has been pretty quiet so I thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing.

I'm currently on my fourth day of Provera (I take my last dose tomorrow) and then play the waiting game for af to arrive. I'm getting the usual cramps that I always get on provera, but this time around I'm also getting bad lower back pain, which is unusual for me. I suppose it could be a coincidence and completely unrelated. Any ladies ever experience this while taking provera?

Hey JL, I havent been on much over the weekend & this thread has been pretty quiet lately. I usually get back pain before & during AF, so naturally when I take Provera to induce AF, back pain is one of the accompanying symptoms. Back pain is all I usually have with AF, unless I do take provera.

I'm currently on CD31, & waiting on AF or a BFP. I havent tested because I can't ever remember to get one when I run to the store. My mind has been everywhere lately with Christmas coming up & my dog having a litter of puppies next week. I've put it top on my list of things to get next time I'm out, so if seeing it on a piece of paper dont remind me, idk what will :haha: I dont feel like this is my month. The ONLY thing that would make me consider I have a chance is I've had a lot of watery cm. Other than that, no symptoms of either AF or a sticky bean. :shrug:

Hey girls, i'm on CD 14 today :) hoping to O this cycle but not sure if I will since this is my second month of metformin. Had an af last month so hoping its goin to be regular now! May be wishful thinkin though :dohh: plus my opk are gettin lighter.. Hoping it's because they don't work for me rather than the fact I may not O! Tryin to stay positive :)

Did any of you ladies get a 2nd af on time? :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->