Metformin & PCOS

Bunny, so far I havent gotten AF on my own with the Metformin. I've had two cycles on Metformin, & both times I had to take Provera. I'm hoping this time either the witch will show on her own OR I'll get the BFP I've been waiting for :D

Baby - I don't normally get bad back pain with af, but I suppose this could just be an off cycle. Fx that you'll get your bfp!! We've all heard the stories of women who stop for a month and don't actively try and then end up pg - maybe this is your month!

we can't wait - Fx the evil witch stays away!! Also, I noticed you had a bfp with clomid - how many rounds did you do before your bfp? (I'm hoping to start clomid with the met next month).

Bunny- opk's never work for me. The only time I did get a bfp, I had spent TONS of money on first response opk's and tested twice a day everyday, and never even came CLOSE to a +.... I thought for sure I wasn't O'ing but then got a bfp - so it turns out opk's just don't seem to work for me - hopefully you are the same! Do you chart your bbt?

Thanks JL, it would be a miracle lol. & OPK's never worked for me either. Never got a true + opk, only some dark-ish lines that could have gone either way. & I agree, could just be an off cycle. Never know what mother nature will throw at us!

Thanks ladies.

No I don't do my bbt, it seems so difficult! :dohh: Does it have to be a certain thermometer and be the same time everyday? If its accurate in telling me when I O I might give it a go.

I've never taken my bbt but I have heard it is the only sure-fire way to predict O. From what I understand you have to get a basal thermometer, & most people take it first thing in the morning before they even crawl out of bed to make sure it is as accurate as possible.

You don't have to have a BBT - a normal one is just the same (many you can get with two decimal places as well). I chart using temps, and find it nice to know where I am in my cycle.

Bunny - I know what you mean when you say that taking your bbt seems difficult. I felt that way when I first started as well, but honestly, once you get into the habit of it, it's really no bother at all. Baby is right, you should take your temp (I take mine orally, but I know some women take it vaginally as well) every morning when you first wake up (they say that the most accurate results are when you take your temp before you sit up / get out of bed, talk, etc). I do use a basal thermometer that I bought for about $15 from the drug store. I have heard that you can also use a normal digital as well as (like puppymom mentioned) long as it has two decimal places, but I've never actually tried it. I record all my temps online at www.fertilityfriend.com (which is what most women use on here from what I can tell), which helps keep everything neat and organized. The site is free to use and is great - it keeps a history of all your charts from your different months and notes trends in your temps, patterns through your cycles, etc. It also has a tutorial on taking / charting your bbt that is super helpful. Like I said, it sounds like a pain at first, but I personally find it easy now and such a valuable tool to let me know exactly what's going on with my crazy body - even my RE finds my charts helpful lol.

Thanks ladies.

No I don't do my bbt, it seems so difficult! :dohh: Does it have to be a certain thermometer and be the same time everyday? If its accurate in telling me when I O I might give it a go.

its nt so hard to note your temperature first thing in morning when u awake, and nt necessary you do with BBT thermometer, and yes time should be same everyday for accurate result
once you come in this flow, you will be useto :thumbup:

you can look at my FF chart, from June till October i had updated my record online, although it disturbed when i visit my hometown and didnt get a chance to take it :cry:

its 8th day up, my mensis nt started yet , anybody knows this delayed because of TSH medications or no??

, today was my last day for TSH tablet as i finished my 60 days course, on day 42 i go for TSH test, and luckily its level decrased from 9.2 to 4

i hope my coming weekend visit to Gyn should go on a new n positive way:happydance:

Thanks for all the helpful information ladies, I think I will give it a go, it doesn't sound too daunting now. Would be so helpful to know when (or if!!) I O. Will definatley be having a wee nosey at people's charts!

Today is CD 15 and I had some on and off sharp shooting pains on my right side of my abdomin for around an hour and now I feel quite sensitive in my abdomin if that makes sense lol! Everytime I move or tense my muscles it's a dull ache. Not sure if that can be O pain, never felt it before. Might of had it last month but wasn't looking for it as I wasn't expecting af.

Fx'd that its O pains!!!

As for me, I had a small amount of pink spotting this morning. & a tad bit yesterday. So waiting to see if AF arrives!

Hey ladies... So I never did get a full period, just that weird spotting. I had some more spotting this morning on CD 65. I am hoping this means af is on her way.

I started doing a low carb diet a week ago. I cut out all grains/reduced sugar for myself and that has improved my mood, energy and my blood sugars.

Hubby is joining me on this so I feel more supported than in the past. I have read a lot of positive things on low carbs and PCOS so I am hoping it will work for me.

I have decided that next June I am going to go back to my doctor (the one that is two hours away) since I will have the summer off to travel back and forth to multiple appointments. But with any luck losing weight/low carbs/metformin will help me get preggers on my own.

best of luck baby dear

Krissie thats cool, really when our lifepartner supports us, stand with us, we just forgot everything around us... May Allah bless all of us with lots of happiness and baby dust Aamin

Bunny - Fx that what you're feeling is O pains!!

Krissie - have you thought at all about taking provera to kick start af? My doc normally prescribes it after 35 days with no af (and after taking a blood pg test to ensure bfn before i start taking it). I never O on my own either and would have crazy long cycles without it as well. Good job with the diet! :thumbup: Hopefully it'll do the trick and help you O on your own!

Aein - I don't really have any experience with / know much about thyroid meds - sorry! Hopefully you O / get your bfp soon tho!!

Hey Aein, thanks & welcome back! I must have missed your previous post... I have no idea about thyroid meds. Have you called your doctor to ask?

Krissie, your diet sounds like a great idea! I too have heard that low carb diets help with pcos. Fx'd that you'll get a bfp before June!!! :hugs:

As for me, spotting continues & pms has gotten worse. Fx'd AF arrives on her own, I already got this months prescription of Clomid filled :D

I hope you get af soon Baby, so you can start your next round of clomid! Hope this coming cycle will be your lucky one! What cd are you on now?

baby dear, i didnt call Dr because tomorrow is weekend here in Riyadh, if af nt arrives, so surely i will visit hopital by tomorrow

my 60 days medicine course also ended, lets see wt Dr diagnosed and where my journey turns

JL, I am on CD33 today. Last cycle I had pms & spotting around CD35, but it was dragging on so long I finally took 1 provera pill to get AF. I really want to see how long it takes to get AF with just the Metformin alone, but then again I dont want to wait past 45 days because AF can be SUUUUUPERRRR heavy for me. But I have really been feeling like I'm on AF, just not quite to the actually bleeding yet. My spotting has gotten *slightly* heavier, so we shall see.

Aein, I see. Well fx'd that either AF arrives or you get a bfp!!!

I have considered provera but I don't have a regular doctor to prescribe it.

So I am counting yesterday as CD 1. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->