Metformin & PCOS

Yep the color is right and the flow has increased so I am sure this is it. Coupled with my recent pms and chills I have little doubt.

just for curosity i asked DH to bring test strip, so i did, very dark fant line but only one ehhh:wacko:

still no chances of mensis at end of day 9 :blush:

so tomorrow is a big day as my appointment with Dr, hope for da best :dohh:

Glad AF finally arrived for you krissie! Fx'd you O this month & catch that eggie!!!

Aein, good luck at the dr tomorrow!

Hi girls. I saw this thread and thought I'd put my story on here. My DH and I have been trying for almost a year for our last baby. Over the last year my cycles have gone to being only a few a year. My doctor did blood work and said judging by the ratio of LF to FSH that it indicated I have PCOS so she put me on 500 mg. of Metformin, going up to 1,500 mg. in a few weeks. This is my second day of taking it and so far so good...even felt like I had a decrease in my appetite and craving for sweets today:thumbup:Hopefully it means it is working and I'll get my cycles on track and get my BFP soon:cloud9:

Sticky dust to all of you!

Welcome bnporter on the board,

nice to hear about you, hope it will works for you, and soon you will get your af, keep updating n enjoy

confused :cry:

https://i45.tinypic.com/2pyyxjl.jpg

Aein, that definitely looks like there's a faint line on that test!!!!! & I've always heard a line is a line! Take another one tomorrow & see what happens! Soooo exciting, this may be your BFP!!!!!

As for me, AF arrived today. Last cycle was 33 days, & AF arrived on her own so thats exciting. I'm bummed yet excited at the same time. This is the first AF I've gotten on my own on the Metformin, but still bummed I wont be getting my Christmas BFP. Ohhh well, maybe I'll get one for my birthday next month!

Aein I would retest!

Congrats baby on finally getting af on your own! That's very exciting. fx for a birthday bfp!

Thanks Krissie! Its so hard to believe that after only 3 months of taking it my cycle is starting to regulate! I soooo wish I had started metformin a long time ago!

yea baby dear you are right though, but i am really v v much confused this time :nope::nope:

i visit my Dr tdy and i showed her my test strip and she said thats negative, also i got light spotting too and my dr said ur af started.....ehhh :cry:

moreover, dr said your eggs are not fertilizing because of PCOS thatswhy she puts me on metformin (Glucophage 500mg) too, will start from tomorrow. rest my TSH level test again done today will get report on Saturday, but hopefully it will be normalize now and Dr advised me to take Folic acid, TSH and metformin tablet in your routine now :dohh:

now what you Ladies suggest me, should i do another test in Morning or not?? even if i got my af too then?? :growlmad:

DH asked me to do test in morning np if ur flow started by night too, if it still came with faint line so aftertht we think wt to do next, plz guide me Ladies :nope:

Congrats baby! That's a huge step!

When I got af for the first time on my own with met I was so excited it was as if I had seen a BFP :dohh: Will never take af for granted again!

Hopefully your BFP will follow soon :flow:

best of luck krissie

& for you baby i pray your all wishes be fulfilled as u wish

Thanks ladies. AF has been really kinda off & on today. It really seemed like a light flow earlier & has kind of tapered off, although I think thats just because its trying to start. I'm still hopeful it will come full force tomorrow, & still counting today CD1.

Aein, I think you should definitely retest in the morning. If you get AF full force, I think its safe to say its BFN. But if you have light spotting you could still get a BFP. Sorry to hear your doc thinks you have PCOS, the Metformin has done wonders for me in the 3 months that I have been taking it, & I hope it does the same for you!!!

My af is being weird. It is so light. Usually I'm in the bathroom at least hourly but this time its twice a day. Not sure if its the metformin or what. However, my mood is unstable but I think it is stress related.

yea Ladies, so my AF started and today i count as CD2

& also i started taing Metformin 500mg from today till next 5 days afterthat dose will double to 1000mg for next 45 days

so now i am on Metformin and TSH tablet, my TSH blood test will come tomorrow, i hope it will be below 4 this time InshahAllah

please advise me should i as Doctor to start Clomid cycle too with Meformin or not?? what you Ladies suggests me

That is strange Krissie, but if you are stressed it can effect AF as well. Mine has been off & on, but with me getting AF on my I'm not surprised. This morning its back & the pms is pretty bad to fx'd it sticks around this morning.

Aein, its worth a shot to ask. I didnt have to ask my obgyn, he asked me if I wanted a baby NOW. I of course answered yes so he prescribed 50mg of Clomid. For me, I truely think the Metformin being along side the Clomid has made a difference. Last time I took Clomid I may or may not have ovulated most months. This time I'm sure I ovulated both months so far :) so I say ask. Worst they can do is say no, right? Do you ovulate on your own?

yea baby i completely agree with you, i also try to discuss with my cousin Dr to ask what should i do??

i really didnt figure it out about ovulating, nor m using any ovu kit, but when i records my bbt, it showed me ovulation date too, but m really not confirmed as Dr said your follicle eggs are nt enough fertilizing so if they are not mature so they dont be ovulate

i am also amuzed my cycle was always on time after 28 days, but after living these 10 months with dh i feels it got disturbed sometimes 2, 4 and now 10 days up

baby dear, should i start taking record of ovulation?? should i use any kit?? or just leave it as it is going on

Is anyone taking Soy Isoflavones while taking Metformin? I have been doing some research and it seems that the soy is basically a herbal version of Clomid. I am on CD 5 and taking it CD 5-9 has the highest rate of BFP so I was hoping to get some opinions before I run to the store and buy some.

Hello ladies,

It's been a while, I just wanted to say hi :) I didn't read all the posts I missed, but I will when i get the chance. So I guess I'm 3DPO? At least thats what my temp shows. I didn't use any OPK this cycle nor checking my CM or CP everyday. I just said as before I'll let this month go without worrying or trying until Jan 2013. I did if my temps are right BD 2 days before O'ing so there could be a slight chance, but I'm not worrying over it.

Hope everyone is doing well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->