Metformin & PCOS

JL, hope the witch shows up soon so you can start ttc again!! Fx'd you O this month :hugs:

Aein, thats fantastic about your tsh levels! The nausea could be a symptom of Metformin, I only got it once but I'm pretty sure it was due to the Met. Sucks you have to wait until next month for the follicle test, but like you said, that gives the Metformin some time to work in your system. I hope your niece is ok :hugs: that has to be so scary!

As for me, I'm currently on CD4. AF has been pretty heavy the last 3 days, so I'm hoping it will be like last month & have a few heavy days then leave. I'll be starting my 3rd round of Clomid tomorrow, fx'd we catch the egg this time!

thats good baby, i pray and wish you catch your sperm on dis Christmas, hugs:hugs:

yea she is fine but too much scary and saying i wont go alone outside now, Karachi city situation going to worse day by day, Allsh bless my families dere always :kiss:

I'm also on CD4 today, i aso discuss with my Dr to start clomid with Met a:) nd she said next month we will run it after observing follicles :happydance:

Good luck to everyone! Things are looking up for us all :flow:

The past couple of days I've lost my appetite, and I usually graze all day! :haha: So I'm assuming that's the Met doing its job, but I've been on it for a month and a half, it has took it's time! Would love to start loosing the weight.

woow great Bunny, yea you should control weight if you feeks its over, thx God my weight is under control else dr saying to reduce it, and i cant go away from pizzas n burgers

Bunny, I think it will start helping you lose weight soon. I noticed I started losing some once I noticed my appetite was curved. I've lost 8lbs on just the Metformin alone. Not a whole heck of a lot, but I've only been on it 3 months. & that is with no diet or exercise added.

Aein, if you are CD4 also, why can't they scan your follies this month?

Baby dear i asked Dr for this cycle but she said i recommend to give at least a month time to Metformin, else otherwise if you wanna take it, so take by yourself

one more thing , dr told me cysts will take time to formulate may be till 6 weeks, now i am also concerned should cysts increase in size and count too beside taking Met??

I'm trying my hardest to cut out carbs as the doc said but that's all I used to eat :( Struggling for ideas for dinners and also the run up to Christmas is not helping!! Can't stay away from crisps!

That's great baby, I would love to loose even a couple of pounds! Hopefully after Christmas I will.

Bunny- I have been working on cutting out carbs. It is really hard as I could early nearly all carbs. I am going to take a break until after Christmas and start back up. I am going to start then with limiting my carbs to 50 g a day. Which will be really hard! But I am doing it to lose weight and control blood sugar. I find that I eat a lot more eggs/meat and that keeps me full, but it is boring.

Krissie -It's best to wait until after Christmas, too many temptations! Plus it means you can enjoy it more without feeling guilty. I try to fill my plate up with cold meats and veg but it does get boring after a while especially when your used to bulking up your plate with potatoes and rice. Never craved rice so much in my life since I was told to stay away from it.

I was quite surprised when I was told to stay away from fruit. I was quite proud telling the doc about the fruit I was eating instead of snacks but apparently there is far too much sugar in them. Feel like I can't eat anything now!

Yea I think waiting for after Christmas is best. I limit myself to one piece of fruit a day. Which is so hard since I love sweets and would love to replace them with fruit. But I understand limiting them. It isn't so bad this time of year with the winter because there aren't a lot of fruits in season. But come spring and summer... lets just say I hope my weight and blood glucose is under control so I can up my carbs. lol

Ladies, if you are crazy about rice onething be noted try to avoid white rice znd unboiled too, apart from tht start taking brown rice, and normal rice if u wish to take just boiled them and pour all xtra water from them when they cook

Bunny really fruits have sugar, i dun believe... as we are just crazy to ate veg or fruits more ehhhh

my diet routine is very tough and m unable to change it, after breakfast i dont take lunch nor i feel hunger, nor u drink much water hardly 5 6 glass daily my intake, dh normally on night activities too, kike tdy he worked till morning 7am, so we slept aftertht, till 1am i will make breakfast so will take my morning medicine dis time after meal ..... m suck of dis routibe but get rid of it

Never thought about brown rice. Might give it a try!

It is hard to get into a routine and I feel meals take a lot more organising to make sure your eating properly. I also find breakfast the worst! Never have much time so need to have a quick something to eat. Started eating bran flakes but not sure of they are okay to have, feel quite bloated after it but I try and make sure I have something so I can take my met.

Could not sleep at all last night! So very tired this morning and feeling quite negative and down about the whole pcos situation. But on the up side not long til Christmas!

I agree bunny, it is hard to start a new routine. & the meals probably do seem to take forever to prepare, atleast some of them anyways. But I think the more you keep yourself on that diet, the more you'll get used to it & even feel better/healthier. I havent committed to trying it, I CANNOT live without spaghetti so I doubt it would workout well for me lol. I usually dont eat breakfast, but I do take my Metformin first thing in the morning. I wake up around 5:30ish & take all 3 pills then. I dont usually get hungry after that until 11am or noon. If its a weekend & I sleep in, I take it whenever I get up. If I take it later in the day, I'm hungry when I get up. Its kinda weird... But I have thought about *cutting back* on carbs, I just dont know where I would start. I'm not a huge meat eater, & veggies get old after a while. Hubbs HATES veggies & only ever wants meat & potatoes... So its hard lol

I absolutely love pasta and noodles. I actually get so upset when I can't have them! Lol! I try to take a tablet at each meal but I'm forgetful and end up taking two at dinner.

I really do love meat but I don't just want a slab of it on a plate, want different sides with it but veg is so boring! I often see me and my partner having different dinners which is such a hassle too!

noodles n pasta contains more carbs, bunny dear try to cutout it for sometimes

for meat n fish i readout to take it slightly steamed or fried with low oil more beneficial if you add sone green veggies in it

I know :( I've done so well cutting them out but I always crave them!

Might start eating fish, I'm sure I'll get used to it!

Yeah, I just can't see myself not having pasta's. They're my killer for sure. I was losing a lot of weight when I was going to the gym on a daily basis, I lost 15lbs in 2 months. So I plan on going back to the gym after the new year. I think that combined with the Metformin will help me lose what I need to, without cutting out a lot of things. Preparing two different meals would be a hassel, & it would be a daily thing for me bc no way my hubbs is cutting down on carbs lol. & he shouldnt have to, he isnt big & thats what he likes, so thats what he'll get lol. I hate diets lol. & there's only so many options for veggies. With noodles, the options are ENDLESS lol. Good luck bunny :) I hope you find something that works for you & isnt too boring!!!

Gym on a daily basis?! I admire you!! The thought of a gym makes me feel tired :haha: I HATE all forms of exercise :( Suppose I don't mind walking but thats hardly exercise lol. I will have to start in the new year though, get the pounds off!

I feel like there is a diet out there for everyone and every condition expect us! There isnt foods in the shops that say "Okay for PCOS" :haha: I feel silly picking up boxes to read the back of them for the amount of carbs :dohh: Makes shopping so much longer..

Lol, I really hated all exercise too until I started going. I felt sooo good about myself when I was workin out because I was actually doing something with myself. & I started having more energy throughout the day. I really want to go back, but with my dog about to have pups any day now & Christmas right around the corner I just really dont have the time. Hahahaa, I know what you mean! Dieting with PCOS is hard. Losing weight even harder. I envy the ladies with PCOS who arent over weight! But then again, I guess I'm lucky because I don't have the facial hair. I have oily skin & all, but no facial hair. & I would absolutely HATE that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->