Metformin & PCOS

Stayhopeful, I too went through a spell where I had dizziness when I stood up too quickly. Metformin can depleat certain vitamins in your body which can cause dizziness. I was getting dizzy spells & started taking B12 suppliments & it went away. B12 is one of the vitamins met can depleat

Hey people! I have been taking Metformin since 2008 - after three months of taking my cycles regulated to somewhere near normal and our daughter was conceived.

On the drug. - my dosage is 1500mg a day but I only take 1000mg. Really this is because I'm rubbish at remembering to take it and in the beginning the diarrhoea was pretty nasty and two tabs were enough.
I lost about 2 stone, kind of went off food a bit, no bad thing and it worked.
I wanted to stress to you that the bad tummy DOES NOT last forever. Take it regularly and it should clear up after two weeks, if you are on 500mg I'm thinking that's one tab a day and potentially you may introduce a higher dosage in future.

I didn't experience heartburn, just the symptoms already mentioned.
Stick with it, I have a diabetic friend who had the same problem but is now used to it.

Best of luck X

Baby thanks for the info. I have not been taking my vitamins the last two weeks because I cannot seem to remember them in the morning and if I take them in the afternoon I don't sleep.

Thanks ladies! :flow:

Baby - Glad your feeling better, keep us updated with your doc appointment! Hoping what you're feeling is for a good reason! Would definitely be the best way to start 2013!!

JL- Good luck! Thats seems promising!

Leylalou -Thanks for the positive story! Makes me feel a lot better :)

Healthy eating starts today!! Always find breakfast really hard cos I always want something quick :dohh: Random question, is branflakes okay to have?? :haha:

Thanks for sharing your story leylalou! A positive outcome from taking Metformin is one we always like to hear! :)

Krissie, you're welcome! I'll have to ask my bnb buddy which ones are the key ones that can cause lightheadedness. She's done a lot of research on things like this, & she mentioned B12 being a big one. As soon as I took the B12 the dizzyness backed off, & after 2 days of taking it, it was gone. Of course I had REALLY hoped I was getting lightheaded from being preggo, but atleast there was a fix for it, for me anyway!

Bunny, thanks! :) I hope so too, but its been SOO long it just doesnt seem possible. My doc appt is at the end of the month, & with me starting my new job I may have to push it back a few days just to have an earlier time. Ugh. Good thing doc gave me enough Clomid to last until Feb if need be! I told hubby that IF I'm not preggo & AF doesnt show on her own this month, I'm not taking Provera until after my bday. :haha: its only 6 days after when I should start, so it wont be terrible for me to wait. & there's just somethin about if I dont absolutely HAVE to have AF on my bday, I dont WANT to have her. If I have to have morning sickness however, lets do ittttt lol

baby dear, accept my advance wishes for your birthday, hugs

Bunny, just reading some articles i foubd this to share here with all of you

Food Allowed, CEREALS Wheat flakes, bran flakes, bran, oatmeal, barley, whole wheat bread, multi-grain bread, wheat germ, puffed wheat, whole wheat products such as pasta, macaroni & tortillas, rye, sorghum, semolina.

Food Avided, Refined wheat products such as bread, noodles, pasta, tortillas, puff, pizza, rice, puffed rice, arrowroot, sago

Welcome Leyla dear, really now feeling more positive with full strength after reading your post, stay blessed always

Thanks very much Aein! That helps a lot :flow: I have to add raspberries to my branflakes to make them taste nicer :blush:

I know we've spoke a bit about side effects but (another!) quick question :haha: can met cause af type cramps? :wacko: I had them sometimes when I was in what I thought was my tww but I could put them down to my mind playing tricks but I've been feeling them again lately like in the past week and even more especially yesterday and today. It was just like af cramps and was quite sore and lasted maybe a minute and only happend like twice in a day but that's my what I usually get when I have af. I'm pretty certain it's not af though :(

baby- I would hate af on my birthday!! I'm sure 6 days wouldnt make a difference but it definitely would make your birthday better if you didnt have af! Even better if it was morning sickness ;) You doing anything nice for your birthday?

Thanks ladies!

Bunny, I'm not sure about the AF like cramps, but I do know that I have real sharp pinching pains near my ovaries. Its usually around O time, and a week or so after. Not sure why it happens after O though... :shrug: Thats if I am even Oing. I'm sure I did last month bc I got AF on my own, but we'll see. I think for my bday we're going to go out to dinner (me & hubbs), & we'll do cake & stuff with my family & then his. Other than that I doubt we'll be doing anything since I have work the next day lol.

I've still been feeling really tired over the course of about a week. I just feel tired all day, even after gettin the same amount of sleep. I've got my fx'd its a good sign, but I'm still fairly doubtful. Ughh, tww hurry up!

yea Bunny, i had same feelings this month like baby's saying, light pinches from left to right and also in pelvic area, and also i observe that this time after 5 days of O at dpo6 & 7 i can still remember how i soend that evening till next day morning, and onething i noted, you can see in my chart, temperature sudden rise at dpo7 morning

we can just hope and see what God has written for us, today evening i was too much depressed i dont wanna be but dont know why i wept, i am just thinking we are still finding our way to look for our future which is nil till yet, my dh is elder son at home, too much responsibilities over his shoulders, offcourse me as his wife, his parents home in Azad Kashmir, Sisters marriages, brother study.... here i just thought how can i identify our path, and just one light comes with a baby soon....

i heartily wish n pray this year brings reall meanings of happiness for all of us Girls, hugs to all

That sounds good baby. I love birthdays, I'm like a big kid :haha: Shame about work the next day but I'm sure you will still have a great day.

I had another af type cramp earlier so don't know whats going on. When I got one this morning I was driving at the time so I definitely didn't make it up since I was trying to concentrate on driving :dohh: I have had the odd twinge too but no doubt I did make that up in my head :haha:

Sorry that you're feeling down Aein, I've been feeling like that lately. Its horrible to feel so down and upset about something we don't have much control over. We are all here if you need anything. :flow:

Awww bunny dear thank you so much, no doubt on this thread when we talk and discussed every worries fly out, love you all my dears <3

i hope now you are feeling better with crampy thingie :flower:

come here and join me , i just make a traditional sweet dish called as LAB E SHEREEN ( i.e. sweet lips)

No worries, it will come, just try to relax- so hard, I know!

X

Leyla how long you were diagnosed with PCOS, what medications you used in all period till your BFP and anyother dietery, excercise thingie or not??

Aein, sorry to hear you are feeling down :hugs: 2013 will be our lucky year, for all of us!

Bunny, yeah it will suck to have work the next day. BUT, my shift will be from 11am-6pm so atleast I'll get to sleep in! What CD are you on? Maybe AF is trying to start??

I took a 2hr nap today & felt wonderful afterwards. I still dont know why I'm so sleepy but whatever! Its only 6pm now & I could go to sleep lol. Fx'd its because of a sticky bean :)

I o'd! I've been charting my bbt and it started to rise, I went in for bloodwork today and my progesterone showed I o'd. It's only 3.4 so the doc thinks it was very recently, we dtd tues and yesterday. Now I'll start progesterone supplements and say a prayer for a sticky bean!

woow good news stayhopeful dear, best of luck

yea baby i really widh you just catchup the little bean <3

for me i am amuzed this morning i take BBT and lol my O day i.e. was showing on CD15 now changes to CD21... ehhh dun know why its changes and whats going on, lol anyways my AF expected nearly in coming week, let see

Hmmm, that is strange Aein! I dont know anything about temps so I can't offer any opinion, but seems odd!

yea baby dear, actually it takes at least 3 high temperature as comoare to cover line and indicates O, now may be O around CD15 to CD21 , m sure in between

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->