Metformin & PCOS

Welcome Aly! Good luck with met it can be great for a lot of people :) I got my first af on my own for a long time after 27 days on it and I didn't really get any side effects. Keep us updated!

Not long baby! How exciting! :haha: How you feeling?

Aein - I'm so sorry about your false positive! Hopefully taking a break will be good and you'll get your bfp soon!!

Baby - That's exciting!! You should test soon! (I'm so impatient :haha:) you said you're on cd27, how long are your cycles normally since you've started getting af on your own?

Aly - welcome to the thread! Hopefully the met will work well for you without too many side effects! :thumbup: I had minor tummy trouble when I first started and then every time I had to increase my dose, but it never lasted more than a few days each time.

Bunny, I'm feeling fine. I've had a LOT of cm & been extra sleepy. I've also been kinda hungry, & gained like 3lbs :(

Jl, I'm going to wait until after my bday to test. I just dont want to ruin my day with a bfn. So if no AF by the 20th, I'll take a test. I've only gotten AF once on my own, & that cycle was 33 days long. The cycle right before it I started spotting on CD 35, so I think it was trying to start. I only had to take one pill of provera to get AF that month. I'm very impanient too,but I just do not want to see a bfn right before my bday. Especially with me working at the day care now, I'd have to see newborn babies the very next day :/

best of lucky baby dear & fine you want to want for test, better, i am hopful this is sumthing better hidden behind for you <3

Good luck baby, I'm excited for you :haha:

Ordered more opk's which have arrived today so will be using one every day until it gets darker and then will use them twice a day and see if I can catch it this month. Not sure when to start as I didnt O until around Christmas last time which was when af was due not ovulation :dohh: af is nearly finished, any ideas when I should start using opks ladies? :shrug:

Hi everyone:flower:I've been on Metformin for about 30 days and just increased my dosage to 3 pills a day on Tuesday. I didn't have too many side effects with 2, but so far 3 pills a day are kicking my butt:nope:I'm hoping it will go away soon and I won't have to cut the dosage back to 2 a day. Also it's been about 60 days since my last AF and I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and take Provera to end it or if I should wait a little longer to see if the Met. works. Any thoughts?:shrug:

Welcome Aly and bnporter! Bnporter, my FS did tell me that they didn't want me to go much longer than 60 days on Metformin before I would take Provera if I didn't o, they said they didn't want my lining to sit much longer than that.

Fx for you, Babyj!

I got my progesterone bloodwork back today and it was 18.9! The doctor said it was a good number for a natural cycle, especially since it was 10 last cycle with injectibles. I still do have to increase my suppositories to 2x a day though because they want to see it get over 20. In the meantime, I've felt awful the last two days. Swollen, achy throat, runny nose, very achy, and low grade fever. I felt terrible last night but my fever was gone and I felt a little better this morning, but now I feel really achy again and my fever is back. I don't know what to think...

Welcome bnporter! My doc (RE) is a bit conservative and she normally recommends that I take provera after 35 days with out af (and she always has me do a bloodwork pregnancy test first just to be sure). My family doc always said not to go past 60 days because it's not good to let the lining build up. I've also heard that provera can be good to help balance out your hormones (kind of by jump starting your body back into the swing of things by starting af - but that didn't come from a doc so I don't know how reliable it is).

Baby - makes sense waiting until after your birthday. Fx that af stays away and you get a bfp as a belated bday gift!!

Bunny - my cycles are all over the place so my doc recommended that I start using opk's no later than cd7 and continue to use them until I get a positive. Ideally it works best to use them twice a day (from what I've read, usually around 2pm and then again between 5pm - 7pm). I know testing twice a day for that many days adds up fast and that opk's can be expensive though. I usually order mine online in bulk and I find it really helps cut down on the cost.

Stayhopeful - ugh, :hugs: being sick is the WORST! I'm just getting over something similar and I needed antibiotics to finally get rid of mine. Hopefully you feel better soon!! :flower:

As for me, I go for another ultrasound tomorrow morning. My last one (yesterday) showed that my follie that was 1.2cm has only grown to 1.3cm in six days - meaning I won't o this cycle. I'm not really saddened cuz I already knew I wasn't o'ing, but my RE wanted to monitor a full cycle of mine before giving me clomid. I'm hoping tomorrow will be my last ultrasound of the cycle monitoring and then I will meet with my RE again and she will give the prescription for clomid! Also, have any of you ladies done injectables? My RE had mentioned maybe trying them instead of clomid, but our insurance doesn't cover them and I'm trying to figure out what the cost would be, how much / how many days you normally take them etc.

Thanks everyone :)

Bnporter, welcome! I'd say take a test & if bfn take provera. I agree with stayhopeful & Jl, its probably not good to go past 60 days.

Stayhopeful, sorry to hear you are sick! I've been sick too, & I am soooo ready to kick this. All day I just feel stuffy & gross. I cannot wait for this to be gone!

Jl, sorry you arent O'ing this cycle :( but atleast you're in good spirits about it! Thats exciting about starting Clomid! I've never done injectables, but I know with my insurance Clomid is only $1.80! :) cant beat that! Unless it isnt working lol.

Well, afm I'm on CD30 now. Still no signs of AF, but I have still had a lot of CM. Which could definitely be because of the robitussin I've been taking to thin the mucus in my nose & throat lol. I have only been taking one or two doses a day, but I guess it could still be that. I have been super sleepy at work, usually til about 1pm. I think thats because while I'm rocking babies to sleep, I'm also rocking myself to sleep lol. The being a little extra hungry, I dont even know. Maybe its because I'm moving around more than I'm used to & burning more calories. I'm trying to think of reasons for the few "symptoms" I've noticed. That way when I see the ominous BFN that I always see, it isnt as hard. & if I ACTUALLY see a BFP, I'll freak out lol. I try to be positive about it all, but its just hard at times. & working with these infants everyday is REALLY making me want a baby, BAD!!!

JL, I did injectibles twice. My insurance didn't cover them either, so my RE suggested ordering them from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy (it's a mail order service and I had no trouble with them). The first month I did injectibles I did Letrozole CD 3-7 and then Menopur injections CD 8-10. Each vial was about $75 and the nurse showed me how to inject myself. The next cycle I did only injectibles, I think 6 days worth and I had to do 2 vials per day so it was over $1000 for the meds when you added in the Ovidrel shot, plus the cost of the IUI. It was definitely expensive and I didn't respond as well as the doctor had hoped to either cycle, which is one of the reasons we're moving on to IVF now. The side effects weren't bad at all, honestly I didn't really notice any. Maybe headaches from the Letrozole, but that was it. And once I got over the idea of giving myself a shot, that part wasn't bad either. If you want any more info or have questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Stayhopeful - thanks so much for the info, that's really helpful!! I may have more questions once I figure out exactly what my RE is going to prescribe, so thanks again! :D

Baby - I'm keeping my fx for you!!

Afm, I went for my ultrasound today and was surprised to find out that my follie has grown to 1.4cm now. My RE says that (although it's growing REALLY slowly) she feels like it may continue to mature (due to the fact that it's still growing at all) and that there's a possibility I may o!! :happydance: I have to go back again tomorrow morning for another scan to see if it's still changing.

Well I'm out for the month. I started having pms late last night & I had some light brown spotting this morning. I guess its not terrible, if AF comes full force today or tomorrow then my cycles may be regulating out. Which of course would be great, plus thats two cycles that I know I've O'd. So I guess thats its for me this cycle :) maybe next time!

JL - how did the scan go? I hope it's good news! :flow:

Baby - sorry af turned up but there is always the up side the fact your cycles are regulating :) Now that your Oing its one less thing to worry about! Good luck with your next cycle!

I'm on cd7 today so will start opk tomorrow, but doubt I will O for another 3 weeks or so :dohh:

How's everyone else getting on?

Baby so sorry after showed. But that's good you are ovulating and regulating.

I am currently on CD 9 ans started opk yesterday. I have been having a lot of cm so I am excited to see if I o this cycle.

Hi Ladies, thanks for all the good luck wishes!! I had my scan this morning and it showed that my follie had grown to 1.5cm! I'm really surprised and my RE is really pleased that the growth is speeding up too (it took 6 days to grow from 1.2 to 1.3, then two days to go from 1.3 to 1.4 and now ony one day to go from 1.4 to 1.5). I go back again tomorrow morning to check the growth again but my RE says she's really confident that my follie will mature and that I'm going to o on my own!!! :happydance: I've also been getting bloodwork done each time I have a scan, and all my hormone levels are looking good now too! YAY metformin!! :haha: I'm trying not to get too excited because I know that my body could still muck things up, but I'm feeling pretty good :D Is it weird that I'm almost as excited as I would be for a bfp just at the possibility of o'ing? :haha:

Baby - :hugs: sorry the evil witch got you this month, but I'm glad she came on her own without the need for provera.

Bunny and Krissie - good luck to both of you with the opk's! Hopefully you will both o soon!

Krissie - are you having ewcm?

Good luck with opks Krissie, what ones are you using?

That's great JL! I got that excited when I got af :haha: Dread to see what I'm like if I ever get a bfp!! Really glad met is having a positive effect for you. Keep us updated with your next scan :)

I just use ic. I really can't beat 100 for $20. I do not have any ewcm.

Good luck JL that is great news!

Well it would appear that when I just checked that I do have some ewcm going on. It must have started today. So that is exciting. I am glad we bd this weekend since we won't be able to again until Tuesday.

I missed my metformin for one day and now I'm spotty face! Eurgh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->