Metformin & PCOS

Bunny amazingly, the dresses i made during my wed in 2011 are still i am wearing even they are some loose :D

very fun here ladies, just a point came in my mind and i start google about how to findout future baby's line on your palm.....

and it defines as cross lines on a marriage line at the end of little finger tells numbers of childrens :D
even the children we adopts or are in our supervision too

https://palmistrymarriage.wordpress.com/tag/children-lines/

https://www.agoyangyang.com/content.php?id=74

Bfn for me, now just waiting for AF. I'm trying to look at it as at least I o'd, but I'm still pretty bummed.

aww sorry for bfn hopeful dear, soon Af will touch you and hopeful ends in positive <3

Aww I'm sorry stayhopefull :( there's always an upside. stay positive for your next cycle :flow:

Well, I'm not real sure what my AF is doing. I thought for sure she started Friday night bc I had bright red blood. But by Sat morning there was only spotting on the tampon. Later Sat morning I bled enough to fill a regular tampon, with one or two small clots, & since then I've had only brown spotting. I doubt my AF was that short or that light, so I dont know if I should count Friday as CD 1 or not. I think it was just some mid-cycle bleeding. I'm not complaining today though, who wants to have AF on their Bday?? Not I! So I guess I'll take a test tomorrow if its still like this & if I get a BFN then I'll take some Provera. Ughhh, why can't my periods just be normal????

Many many happy returns of the day Baby
Happy birthday to you
& yes i suggest you to do a test first, aftertht decide whts that Okkk
m praying for you dear <3

Happy birthday baby!

I've never had mid cycle bleeding so can't be much help. Hope af sorts itself out though!

Cd14 today and took an opk just to see and hardly even another line so not going to be a nice short cycle this time but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have another 41 day one than nothing at all! Trying to stay positive :)

Can I ask, ladies

When I was diagnosed with PCOS it was just by bloods. I have never had a scan,

Has anyone else been given a firm diagnosis for PCOS and medicated for it without having any scan ever

Laurac, yes i have also been not gone through any scan but after blood test and cycles irregularity she diagnosed PCOS, and so m on medication from 1 month

I'm worried because most places say you need both. Neither gives a definite diagnosis without the other.

My cycles before Metformin were still regular at 36 days. Metformin has shortened them to 31 days but this month was 38 days

Hi Baby,

I also work in daycare...and I know what you go thru... it is so hard to work with kids when u want your own and it is so hard to get pregnant... but hang in there and keep the faith... we are all gonna get out positives soon I am sure.

Laura, I was also diagnosed with PCOS just by blood... I had a scan many years ago... and even then when I knew something was wrong.. nothing wrong showed up in my scans... ( and last time I got one I was getting my periods every other month or so)
I thought about asking my doctor for a scan and I might still do if I don't get my period within the next 2 weeks... I think blood test is pretty reliable! Good luck!

Af is still MIA and I am on cd 51 ( I cant even believe that) If the witch doesn't show up within the next week or so I am calling my doc and following you guy's advice...

As for colds... I catch anything and everything there is... it is so frustrating at time... right now I am battling a very bad cold...

my dh also asked me about how its confirmed? but i believe if Dr is prescribing anything so it should be

Laurac, dont be upset but you can talk with your physician let see what answer you get , seriously sumhow now this question is also in my mibd too :(

moreover sometimes one have regular cycle but not ovulating, this also be PCOS too

I'm just annoyed at my dr.

I have regular periods as I said formally every 36 days now every 31. They did bloods and said no ovulation, but as I tried to explain to my dr,the blood to test for ovulation was done on cd27 and my +opk was on cd26. The opk was extremely positive, undoubtably so. So I might have not even ovulated then! He just ignored me when I told him this and said that my hormone levels should have been high enough to show ovulation,

I'm really annoyed and upset. I've been in pain for the last week and a half. Going to the dr tomorrow but I will see someone else.

Laurac, this is really bad dear, its better to check with your dr again and if he says samething, try to take another second opinion too, i hope sumthing better will be happen , just relax and calm, hugs <3

I only had a scan. However I have nearly every classic symptom of PCOS. I suspected it long before I was dx. So I don't question it's accuracy without the bloods.

Happy Birthday Baby!!! :flower: I hope your day is wonderful and relaxing! :)

Stayhopeful - sorry about your bfn :(

Bunny - fx you o soon!!

Laura - I was diagnosed with pcos mainly because of my blood test results. I did actually have a scan (many in fact) and ironically, I don't always have cysts at all. Every few months I will have a scan and it will show the "pearl-like small cysts" typical of pcos all through my ovaries but then a few cycles later they will be pretty much gone, then come back, etc. When i questioned my RE, she said this isn't uncommon and that some women can be diagnosed with pcos without having cysts (aka the hormone levels in the blood are consistent with the disease). Having said that, it was explained to me that the key factor on this type of diagnosis is the ratio between your LH and FSH levels on day 3 of your cycle - for regular women, this ratio should be 1:1, but women with pcos often have a 2:1 ratio where LH is double FSH. If your doc is telling you that your hormones aren't high enough for ovulation, you should question him further about why specifically that's relevant to a pcos diagnosis (there are LOTS of other reasons that a woman could be having anovulatory cycles). Furthermore, you should definitely demand that the doc listen to you about your opk results - (as I'm sure you know) lots of women ovulate later than cd14 and if you do then your hormones are not going to follow the typical pattern of someone with a 28 day cycle. I'm so sorry, that sounds so FRUSTRATING for you to have to deal with :hugs: Honestly, if your doc refuses to listen, I would say find a new one - you've got to have someone who is going to listen to you about body - you're the one who knows it best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->