Metformin & PCOS

Bunny - I definitely AM a symptom spotter and am trying so hard not to be!! :haha: I know it's still way too early and I don't wanna get my hopes up! And I totally understand the crying thing - I always cry when I watch shows like that!! Sorry to hear you haven't O'ed yet, fx it will happen soon :hugs:

Let us know of any symptoms you have ;) Will you test early or wait til af is due?

If this cycle is the same as my last 41 day'er then itll be next weekend before I O, cd 27 it will be :dohh: Will be happy if I do though, better that than nothing!! :)

We are having a snow day because it snowed on top of the snow/ice and then we had a ton of freezing rain! I thought I would share a pic off my patio.

Attachments

• 130124_0001.jpg
    130124_0001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
That looks lovely Krissie! Our snow is gone now but apparently more is due tomorrow and over the weekend. Every time it completely disappears it snows again!

woow Krissie thanks for sharing such a nice view of Snow, i am crzpazy about Snow, thanks, Hugs

i'm on 6DPO as per my BBT, lets where this cycle ends, i asked DH to visit Dr next weekend

just back from outside, did alot of shopping, lolz i bought 2 western outfits and 1 Arabic one, first time we soend 1000SAR in shopping at a time, hehehe DH is asking, did we done this before :D
i like the Arabic outfit and will wore on our Anniversary on Monday

Whats up with you Bunny, Baby, JL, Krissie....any updates

No updates here. Still havent O'd according to opks, although I havnt been doing them often. Went shopping today and ended up with some clothes and I purposely bought a size smaller to encourage me to loose weight but they already fit :D so I'm in a rather good mood now! I'm still in between sizes at the moment but having just a few pieces of clothing the size smaller feels like an achievement :flow:

thats good Bunny, its mean weight is still under control ans see what one of my shirt i buy today is fit only from bumps, ehhh i can't wear it, am feeling sad

Hi everyone:flower:

JL and Aein, good luck and lots of baby dust to you during your tww.

I'm really frustrated right now. I'm on CD81. I went to my doctor yesterday to tell her that and also that I needed something to start my cycle. What did she do? She increased my met. to 2,000mg.:dohh:I've only been on it for a month and I know sometimes it can take a while to start working. Why not give me something to start my cycle WHILE I'm taking the metformin? I'm supposed to go back Feb. 18th so she can see how it's going. But if I don't have an AF by then I'll be on CD105!! Soooo frustrating:growlmad:

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Welcome back bnporter,

its very sad to hear about your long cycle, i dont know what medicine Dr can recommend to induce mensis, because till yet i haven't experience my mensis hot came nor a long cycle

i hope this higher dosage will effect positive for you dear, lots of baby dust to you too dear, <3

bnporter that is definitely frustrating I would have assumed she would prescribed something.

Bunny good job on the weightloss it always feels nice!

O am waiting for af to start. I am currently CD 21 and I have been having some af symptoms already.

Another update: Been taking Metformin 500mgs for two full weeks now. The GI problems have been bearable but I'm so freaking TIRED!!!! I feel like I could sleep my whole life away!!! Also me and DH haven't really been able to BD much because I got the most horrible yeast infection ever!! I've only gotten one other and that was after I stopped taking BC. I looked it up and apparently a lot of women on Met have dealt with getting yeast infections while on it. This one lasted about 5 days and we've just been able to resume bd today. However there's still no sign of AF or O that I can tell. I have two more weeks until I increase to 1000mgs so hopefully the higher dosage will get me some results. I'm not excited for the side effects to worsen though but it's all worth it. I hope everyone else is doing well :)

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! :)

I'm currently 7dpo and still trying hard not to symptom spot :haha: I have had some mild cramping and certain smells (like the cleaner they use at my work to clean the floors) has started to randomly really bother me all of a sudden, when they've never bothered me before in the past - I swear I feel like I'm imagining them tho - I want a baby so bad I don't trust myself and judgement of anything that could be a symptom :haha: :dohh:

Bunny - it's been so long since I've actually o'ed that I'm so overexcited and impatient that I definitely will be testing early :haha: I'm thinking that I will use a frer and test at 10dpo.... having said that, in all honestly, I REALLY wanna start testing at 8dpo (I've heard of people getting a result that early), but I won't because I feel like(in all likelihood) it would just be a waste of test and seeing the bfn would bum me out. Good job about the weight loss!! :thumbup: Hopefully you o soon!

bnporter - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your doc :hugs: Maybe when you go back you could ask your doc specifically for Provera (I'm pretty sure that's the standard med to kick start af). Hopefully tho, the increase in met will work and you won't have to worry about it!

Krissie - Hopefully the evil witch stays away!

Aein - I bet your new outfits are beautiful :) Fx your tww ends in a bfp!

Thanks everyone....I did specifically ask and I was just told to increase my dosage and then she'll follow up on it after a few weeks to see how the new dosage is working. But that means I'd have to ovulate in the next week or so to be over my TWW and have AF by the time I have my appointment:dohh:I guess by then if I still don't have AF then she'll prescribe it. It's just odd because this is the same doctor who told me in November to make sure if 2 months pass with no AF, to let her know and she'll give me something to get it going. It makes no sense.

bnporter - Sorry your having a hard time with your cycle and that your doc wasnt much help but hopefully 2000mg will have a better effect for your cycles and will hopefully get you an af soon! :)

Alycon - I haven't had side effects so I can't relate but I can imagine how annoying it will be! When you up for dose hopefully any side effects will disappear quickly! Keep positive it will be worth it! :D

JL - Hope they are symptoms!! I'm so excited for you :haha: I know what you mean about bfn, no matter how early you test its heartbreaking to see a bfn. It will be hard but try and put off testing for a while :haha:

I'm on cd20 and don't think I've O'd but it doesnt bother me today :) Feel great actually, got a lot of confidence back cos of this tiny bit of weight loss! :haha: Everything I'm wearing today is the size smaller (although I'm wearing joggers that obviously stretch :haha:) Actually feel good today, been a long time since I said that!

Although in the last hour I've bloated so much and it's really annoyed me!! I've not eaten anything bad in fact all I've had is a peach in the morning and sausages for lunch :( Was ages after I'd eaten when I bloated up. Got light cramp feelings and my lower abdomen is quite sensitive. I'm determined to stay positive today though! :)

Hey ladies, have any of you had any blood pressure issues while on Metformin? I went in to a gastroenterologist for a different issue yesterday and my blood pressure was 87/55, way below my normal 110/70. I've been feeling absolutely exhausted since Wednesday, I know it's not anything fertility related because I just finished AF on Tues (and I got a bfn beforehand and my temps are back down, so I'm sure it wasn't implatation bleeding and it's way too soon for anything o-related). I've taken off work Mon to go to my general doctor, but I'm worried that I should be doing something in the meantime. Right now I'm just super tired and in the past hour, I've had a few intestinal issues too (sorry if TMI). Any advice?

Sorry stayhopeful I haven't had an issue with bp with met, I haven't actually had mine checked. Hope you feel better soon though :flow:

We are having a snow day because it snowed on top of the snow/ice and then we had a ton of freezing rain! I thought I would share a pic off my patio.

That storm was horrible wasn't it? Here in Utah it caused massive commute issues. To the point that they had to shut down I-15 in the Bountiful/Centerville area! It was interesting seeing my back yard turn into an ice rink though :)

Hey ladies, have any of you had any blood pressure issues while on Metformin? I went in to a gastroenterologist for a different issue yesterday and my blood pressure was 87/55, way below my normal 110/70. I've been feeling absolutely exhausted since Wednesday, I know it's not anything fertility related because I just finished AF on Tues (and I got a bfn beforehand and my temps are back down, so I'm sure it wasn't implatation bleeding and it's way too soon for anything o-related). I've taken off work Mon to go to my general doctor, but I'm worried that I should be doing something in the meantime. Right now I'm just super tired and in the past hour, I've had a few intestinal issues too (sorry if TMI). Any advice?

I had the same issue with my blood pressure and it making me exhausted, the reason it does that is because it drops your blood sugar (at least that is what my doc told me). She suggested that I try eating a piece of hard candy to help get the blood sugar back up. Unfortunately, I also got sugar intolerance so I couldn't eat any sweets. The tiredness eventually went away once my body got used to the dosage, and I can finally eat sweets again. Nothing like I was before and I still can't stomach soda pop so water has become my best friend :) As for the intestinal issues I had diarrhea (sorry, also TMI) I found that if I took it either while eating, or on an empty stomach that stopped that from happening, so if that is the issue you are having maybe try that?

I hope I was able to help :)

Thanks, ladies. I just don't get why it would suddenly start affecting me after I've been on Metformin for almost 2 months already.

That storm was horrible wasn't it? Here in Utah it caused massive commute issues. To the point that they had to shut down I-15 in the Bountiful/Centerville area! It was interesting seeing my back yard turn into an ice rink though :)

Yea it was a terrible storm, it closed down 88 miles on I-84. It did break the inversion we have had so our temps have gone up above freezing and now all that snow is melting along with the rain the last two days and we have about three inches of water sitting on everything. Since I live in a high altitude desert we don't have the drain systems to deal with that much.

I just hope we get a break and things can dry up before the inversion sets back in or it dumps more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->