Metformin & PCOS

Thanks for the answer, JL. Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything go well for you. I used to chart my bbt. I had a bbt thermometer and instructions, but that was 9-10 years ago. My temps didn’t have a good pattern so after I think a year I didn’t bother temping anymore. I have thought about using opk’s but I haven’t yet and from what I have read they aren’t the greatest tool for women with PCOS. As you pointed out our bodies have hormone imbalances. My cycles were about 28-30 days so I thought that I could predict when I ovulate, but last month I had a 38 day cycle which through me off. I’m on CD 15 and I have been having ovarian pain off and on for a couple days now, but I don’t think I have ovulated yet. The cm isn’t right. Plus I can’t tell which side is going to ovulate because on CD 12 the left side way cramping, on CD 13 there were twinges on the right side, yesterday it was back on the left, and then today I have a few twinges on the right. I think opk’s right now would absolutely drive me nuts. Oh, btw, something else I didn’t do before – I checked my cervical position today. :haha: It felt like my nose instead of my lips. It may have been a bit open. I don’t know.

SweetMel - Thanks for the good luck wishes - I'm feeling pretty positive about the appointment now, I think my hormones were definitely getting the better of me earlier today :haha: As far as checking your cervical position, I tried it a few times but never really got the hang of it. I've heard that you need to do it for a little while before you can really determine position accurately in comparison to how it changes throughout your cycle. Having said that, I know there are a few ladies on here who do it regularly and have gained a lot of info about their ovulation dates by doing it. Fx that you ovulate soon! :)

Afm - my spotting has pretty much stopped now but I'm still cramping. I have no idea what my crazy body is doing anymore :haha: :dohh:

thanks all for your luke <3

JL, best of luck dear...
i'm also on CD22 with 11DPO, let see when AF captures me too, but in mind i have make plan to visit Dr this weekend on Thursday, to get a prescription to start Clomid too, so if my AF started early nxt week after Sunday can start my dosage while visit again on weekday

yesterday i & dh also noted a thing, although it was our anniversary night, dh in mode of BD and i was stoping him dun go inside, dun know why, and i felt it was hard for his organ to go inside with lots of pain i felt, i hope this is just a normal thingie

Aein - I hope everything you are experience is signs of a bfp not af!

JL - How frustrating! Our bodies can just be plain weird! :haha: Hope it sorts itself out soon!

Did another opk tonight, wee bit darker than yesterday :D Compared my last 3 from the last 3 days and you can see a slight difference between them :) Hope that means I'm on track for Oing around the weekend which would make a 41/42 day cycle or there abouts. Ill be happy with that to be honest! Had a bad day on my diet though :dohh: went out for lunch and I'm not joking, the whole cafe sold nothing but carbs!! Toasties, rolls, macaroni.. So ended up with a baked potato :( swelled up and felt sore all day, I sure paid for it!! :(

Aein - I'm sorry you're having pain - hopefully it'll clear up soon! If it gets worse then maybe go see your doc just to make sure it's not an infection (as AlyCon had mentioned in an earlier post, sometimes the meds can make you prone to them). Hopefully the witch stays away from you this month!

Bunny - glad to hear that your opk's are getting darker! :thumbup: Fx that O happens soon for you :) Hopefully you feel better soon from your carb overload!

Afm - I just got back from my appt with my RE. On top of everything else, I've also been diagnosed with a luteal phase defect with low progesterone and "weak" follicles. I'm still feeling really positive tho, cuz now that I know what's wrong I can finally do something to treat it! My doc has given a me script for 100mg clomid (days 3-7) then I'll be monitored via ultrasound and bloodwork until I have at least one mature follicle. Once that happens, my doc will trigger me with an hCG injection, then confirm ovulation with another ultrasound and more bloodwork. Once I've o'd then I'll have to take progesterone suppositories three times daily until a beta confirms either a negative or positive pg test. Whew! :haha: I'll do three rounds of that protocol and if I don't get a bfp by round three then I go for another treatment plan appt and my doc will tweak it as necessary. I have my first ultrasound this Thursday and I'm feeling good about it :happydance:

Aein – I hope you are not getting an infection.

Bunny_Boo – A carb binge? Tomorrow is another day. Don’t beat yourself up too bad. I told my husband that I was going to use up some left over rotisserie chicken on top of a salad and he replied “You’re going to burn me out on salad.” But guess what, he ate it quickly and like it. HA! :haha:

JL1363 – OMG. That is a lot of work you have ahead of you.

AFM, I tried again today to check my cervix (Only the second time I have ever done this.) I couldn’t reach it. My fingers are too short. But I guess that means it high.

Bunny, woow so finally you are about to O.... good luck
& i agree sometimes we can't get rid of carbs aeound us, but i think lower qty will not effect us <3

JL, Glad finally you reached somewhere, good
i remember Dr started Clomid dosage without any test, US, then on my cousin intimation, she is Dr in US, i request her to go proper checkup of me and DH aftertht goto Medications

so i go through follicluar study too, my follicle at CD11 were 8.9 and 7.8inch i remember but at CD 13, Ultrasoynd Dr observed follicle with same size... so he doubted abt PCOS, soafter a month gape Dr puts me on Metformin,

and i am sure JL Clomid dosage with these follicle study will help much as dr can increase the dose too, best of luck dear

yesterday i discussed with husband to visit dr on this weekend thursday, but he says no we don't as we go outside you stairs up and down, (as my flaat is on top second floor, and hospitals also having unlimited stairs ) so your mensis get started, lolzzz, he is observing things hahahha

let see today weekend night starting, so i ask him again

currently i'm on DPO12 and CD23

Jl, that sure sounds like a lot of work, but its great that you're so positive about it! I hope it works for you!

Bunny, super excited about O coming! Good luck catching that egg!!

Afm, I need to make another appt with my obgyn. I was supposed to go in for a check-up at 8 weeks, but since I am working now I wasnt able to make my appt last week. So I need to go ahead & make a new appt to see whats going on with my body. Me & hubby dtd friday night which seemed to bring AF. Its still been SUPER light compared to my last few cycles, but it has been constant since Friday night... So I'm calling it AF. :shrug: I am on CD6, so I am on my 2nd Clomid today. Hope this month is lucky for everyone!

Good luck baby!! Hopefully this is your month! Stay positive :)

I keep getting horrible thoughts that I'm just having a surge and don't actually O :( Can't get the thought out of my head. Really worried incase the opks stay the same and I don't get a positive!

Bunny, dont take stress too much, just try to svail your time, i discussed in another forum, snd ladies said OPKs not positive always for PCOsers, so i must say just think you are about to O in a day and just happy BDing <3

Baby, good luck dear i hope this new start will turns on a new way, huggies

today evening was some change, as i felt my head so empty empty with little pain, aftertht i call DH at office ask him what he doing, when he back... after the call i just go inside the quilt and sudden awoke when doorbell rings :D

DH was on the door and very surprised to see me sleeping this time out of routine, after he back i just take full nap and just nowbawake after 5 hours, hahahah its mean i am very fresh to enjoy weekend night

It is getting slightly darker each day but it isnt the as dark as the test line yet :( thought it would of been by now.

aww bunny, may be this slightly darker indication of best time, possibility still there my dear

Bunny - getting darker is good!! :thumbup: Hopefully you get a positive opk soon!! GL! :)

Aein - your ff chart looks great! And as Bunny said, hopefully your tiredness is a sign of a bfp! Are you having any other symptoms?

Baby - I'm glad af finally came so you can start a new cycle! I'll be taking my first dose of clomid tomorrow (days 3-7). I'm gonna take it at night that way I can avoid any possible side effects. Poor dh, they say that clomid can cause hot flashes and I'm already ALWAYS warm (and he's always cold). If I start getting hot flashes I might freeze him out of our house! :haha: Did you get any side effects from clomid? Fx your appt with your obgyn happens soon and goes well! :)

I know my tests and meds sound like a lot of work! :haha: Honestly though, I'm just really happy to have some answers and some SOLUTIONS (finally!) to all the wonkiness that was happening with my body! If it helps bring me a bfp then sign me up! :haha:

JL, I've done something similar. It seems like a lot when you write it all out, but it's really not too bad. FX for you!

JL, I had some hot flashes from the clomid. I am taking it now too, so hopefully it works this ti
Me & we catch the egg. I thought about asking my doc if we can check my tubes. It doesnt make sense to me that we've been trying for so long, with ovulations, & still arent preggo. Only thing I can think of is my tubes might be blocked. :shrug: so frusterating.

JL, i never been noticing any symptom dea, but yesterday night was so awful, i didnt slept well & now when i awake feels too much backache, and yes my BBT is continius on same point from last three days, never happen before, let see where it goes in coming next days

JL, when mind and heart stick on a thing, get the solutions so there should be much possibility with positive waysm fx for you dear

Bunny, whats next with Oing, any update??

Baby, don't think about tubes blockage dear, i am sure nuthing like this, and surely Clomid will work like a magician, good luck

afm, if alsi af catches me this month too so i'm surely gonna visit Dr and Clomid will start with my dosage too

stay, what are you upto?

JL - I admire you! Your going through so much for your bfp and I hope it comes veryyy soon!

Aein - It was darker today too! I'm not sure if its positive yet or not. I did do it with fmu though so don't know if that was a bad idea? Part of the test line was darker than the other half if you know what I mean. Sorry if i sound confusing! :dohh:

Bunny, if its darker dear so its mean probably its your most fertilized time, just try to avail it sweety
i am sure it will ends positive for you, hugs

here week day is sumhow busy, just got free from home work, washing clothes etc.... and i felt vagina feels wet with some creamy mucus but thick also i felt backache just spread towads lower abdomen pain too, looks as af is on its way, ehhh

I asked DH where we will go for outing tdy and he replied no where you just rest this week else if you upstairs and down your af will showed up early, hahahah ohh God what i do :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->