Metformin & PCOS

Hey ladies! Krissie, that picture of the snow was gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I live in SC so we dont get snow :( I'd love to move somewhere we got just a little, but hubby refuses to move. So I enjoyed your picture!

Stayhopeful, I havent had any issues with the bp but I have had tiredness from the Met. Not sure why, but I have had it. :hugs:

Well, I was super sick all week & finally went to the doc friday evening. I had a really bad sinus infection so they gave me some amoxicillin & mucus stuff & sent me on my way. I was feeling a little better by Friday night even! I can't believe I waited so long to go to the doctor. Dummy lol. ANYWAYS, so I had been having spotting all week thinking AF was coming but no bleeding. Well me & hubbs dtd friday night & it kick started AF! But, it still hasnt been a normal heavy flow. I'm counting Friday as CD1 bc it was heavy enough I needed a tampon, but its still just not a normal AF. I think I'm going to just take the provera to get a cycle going. I'm positive I'm not preggo, but I'll test just to put my mind at ease. I was sooo hopeful that since it came full force on CD33 last month that it'd be the same this month, but on CD44 it still hadnt shown. :dohh:

On another note, since I'm feeling so much better I'm heading back to the gym tomorrow! I'm sooo excited to get my weightloss started again. It took 2 months to lose 23lbs last time, & I've stayed at my current weight since then. So I'm sooo ready to start losing the weight again & be healthier if nothing else :)

I have been following all of your stories on this thread. Yes, I’m a stalker. No really I have PCOS and I have found all of your stories similar to mine. Congratulation Babymabey! I hope baby sticks!

My pcos plan
1. I am going to wean myself off of soda and drink only water. (I am addicted to diet soda and was drinking way too much.)
2. I am going back to my very low carbohydrate diet. This means that I am not going to eat anything with sugar, flour, rice, pasta, bread, potatoes or corn. I am eating foods with a high nutritional value such as vegetables and meats. I am going to eat foods that have good fats in them such as olive oil and avocados.
3. I’m going to make a plan to get daily exercise and stick to it. Exercise provides good blood circulation to the uterine lining.
4. I am going to take my vitamins everyday (the whole handful of them).

I hope you ladies don’t mind me joining your thread. I think we can all support each other in our struggles ttc. :hugs:

Welcome SweetMel - GL with your healthy living plan, it sounds awesome! :thumbup: Fx it will help bring you your bfp soon :)

Baby - glad to hear you're feeling better!! :flower: I had a nasty sinus infection last month that I was sick for weeks with and it wouldn't go away until I took antibiotics either. They make you feel so crappy! GL with your weight loss, I'm sure you'll do great! :)

Stayhopeful - sorry you're having issues with your bp :hugs: I haven't had that side effect so I don't really know a lot about it :shrug:

Bunny - any luck with O'ing yet?

Afm, I haven't tested yet but I'm guessing that I won't need to - af feels like she's on her way. This morning my bbt dropped and I'm having af-like cramps, so I'm assuming she'll be here soon :cry: I'm trying to not let myself get down about it tho - this is the first time I've O'ed since March of last year, so I'm still happy with that. Besides, I'll happily take a natural af as opposed to having to take provera :haha:

Baby- glad your motivated for loosing weight I'm sure you'll do great! I've started proper healthy eating and walking more, going to join a exercise class too hopefully :) keep us updated with your weight loss!

JL - not yet :( need to do an opk soon, will when I get home. They have been getting slightly darker so hopefully thats a good sign. I've noticed the control line is never super dark like a hpt, is that normal?

Bunny - Fx it will happen soon! Getting darker every day does sound like a good sign :thumbup: As for the control line, I use internet cheapies, but they are usually always dark like an hpt. I feel like this is something that could maybe vary by brand though. What brand are you using?

Cheap Internet ones off eBay. They have blue handles. The control line is clearly there but definitely not as dark as the hpt ones. I often dont even get a test line so I'm wondering if itl be harder to get a test line but when it is positive it'll be the same as the control line which is kind of faint.

Yep, af is definitely on her way - my cramps are getting worse and I've started spotting. I'm trying to stay positive but i'm totally feeling bummed. And what's worse is that I can't get into to see my doc until Feb. 4th to get the prescription for clomid, which will be past my window to take it this new cycle, meaning I'll have to wait another month to start. I've called the office three times this week checking for cancellations / if they can fit me in and they can't. Ugh. Somedays I hate ttc :cry:

Aww JL I'm sorry :( I know it can be hard staying positive when ttc but you O'd and had AF on your own which is an achievement! Never know maybe next cycle it will do it again and you will conceive on your own :)

Thanks Bunny :) I know you're right and I was feeling pretty good about all of it until I actually started spotting and then I felt so sad! I have a feeling my hormones are making me a bit emotional though - I'm not used to the normal hormone changes that happen when you have a natural af anymore! I feel a bit foolish cuz i'm feeling all sullen like a teenager :haha: And as for the opk's, I would agree with you in that, as long as your test line is as dark or darker than the control then it's a positive - even if it's light like the control line is, your control line should always be your comparison (if that makes sense). Also, I know that opk's are similar to hpt's in that they have different sensitivities - maybe the ones you are using have a lower sensitivity (so you need a higher LH surge) to show a darker line?

Yeah I agree with you about the opks it's what I thought but couldn't explain! Haha. Will try one tonight and see if it's any darker. If its a lower sensitivity maybe I should be testing more, lucky if I test once a day :haha:

The first time I had a natural AF on met I was okay but the second one I was constantly crying!! Hormones were all over the place so I sympathise with you!!

hi sweet gals, wts update around??

Welcome Met dear <3

so had a busy day till evening in baking cake, decorating stuff, ehhh so wonderful evening spend with hubby in cake cutting, taken pics and dinner in a full romantic mode, hahaha and now m feeling tired, sharing sum pics soon just to show you all my Arabic Outfit

i'm on 10DPO and CD21.... feeling some burning in lower abdomen, rest all ok
yesterday i visit Whites Pharmacy in a mall, asked about OPkits, they have clearblue but out of stock, hopefully will purchase till next cycle

Good luck with your cycle Aein, nearly at the end :) Keep us updated with any symptoms! I may not be able to symptoms spot myself since I haven't O'd but I'll be symptom spot with ladies who have O'd :haha:

Sounds like you had a great day! Looking forward to pics.

No update for me other than what I've already said today. Did another opk though, teeny weeny bit darker from yesterday :haha: If my opks are like what JL said I don't expect a massive difference between them until there positive.

Only other thing to add is that I had a salad for tea :haha: Felt like I was eating my pet bunny's food! I feel so proud of my healthy eating though! Going a walk later too. Okay walking might not be proper sweat dripping exercise but it's close enough :p Hehe!

Haha, yea bunny must let you know

owoo so you didn't O yet, its very long na, which cycle day you are on??
and yes i read all above discussion of Urs and JL, she is quite right so i hope sumthing better ends with you too soon , hugs

:happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_20130128_185528.jpg
    IMG_20130128_185528.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20130128_184419.jpg
    IMG_20130128_184419.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20130128_184505.jpg
    IMG_20130128_184505.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 6 x 8 copy.jpg
    6 x 8 copy.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
cd 22 today, wouldn't of ovulated until around cd27 last cycle so theres still hope this cycle :)

The pics are great!!! You look lovely :flow: and the cake looks so yummy! You have a good day?

thanks Bunny i make the cake first time, so first attempt was good :D
the card i made for my DH, showing pics of our marriage day, was a memoriable day :)

Aein- Your anniversary photos are beautiful. You did a lovely job on your cake and I really like your dress.

Aein - you looked lovely! Everything looks great (and yummy)! I hope you had a wonderful day <3

Afm - I got a call from my doc's office later this afternoon and they had a cancellation for tomorrow so they were able to fit me - meaning I won't miss this coming cycle for clomid! I'm feeling a bit better with everything and am looking forward to starting a new cycle, eating healthy, exercising, and starting meds :) Af still hasn't come full force yet , still just spotting and cramps.

Aein – Congratulations on your two year anniversary. Awesome pictures.

Bunny_Boo – good job on the weight lose. I had a salad too.

JL1363 – sorry the witch got you. Good job on achieving ovulation. I’m glad you got an appointment. Why can’t they just call your pharmacy to give you a refill?

AFM, my cycle feels a little bit different this time. I think my cm is better, but I don’t think I have ovulated yet. I did feel pains on my left side and today I feel pains on my right. I don’t know what is going on. I have never tried opks. I might need to. Have any of you had strange LH surges all throughout your cycle? :shrug:

SweetMel - I wish my doc could call in a prescription, that would be so much easier!! I was actually referred to my doc (RE at a fertility clinic) in October - she's the one who diagnosed me with pcos. I had already tried one round of clomid (prescribed by my family doc) when I had come to her but it was only 50mg and I still didn't o. Before prescribing me a stronger dose of clomid, my RE wanted me to go through a bunch of tests (hsg, saline sono, cycle monitoring, and blood work) to rule out any underlying anatomical problem (especially since I had a m/c last march). I did all the tests except the cycle monitoring cuz things kept coming up which would prevent me from doing it (the first month dh and I had planned a trip for our wedding anni right around the time I was supposed to o, the second month I was away for the holidays, etc). I was FINALLY able to complete the cycle monitoring this cycle, and that's when I O'ed on my own. So my appt that's tomorrow is for my RE to review all my tests results with me and then give me my "treatment plan" - which she has already told me will start off with clomid, but may include other things like injectables as well. I know that all those meds usually have to be started by cd5 at the latest to be effective, so if I get the info tomorrow then I'll only be cd2 (maybe even still cd1 - cuz i'm still only spotting so if nothing changes by tonight then it won't be enough to even call cd1). Once I have this appt then my doc should be able to call in any refills I need. (sorry for the long winded answer :haha: )

As for opk's - I don't have great luck with them and only ever got a true positive for the first time this cycle. Having said that, my body has definitely had weird LH surges where it seems to try to o (I'll get ewcm, opk's will get ALMOST positive but not quite) but then my body won't actually be able to. My RE says it's not uncommon for this happen several times throughout a cycle if you have any hormone imbalances (ie: pcos) or super long cycles. Do you chart your bbt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->