Metformin & PCOS

Hey everyone- I had a nice time with the hubby away from everything. It was nice to get away, but it was soooo cold.

I have noticed a lot of cramping and lower back pain. And something that started on our way out was heartburn that I can't kick. Although, these are all positive signs, I am starting to feel like af is more likely at this point. Maybe that is just be trying to not get my hopes up? I am only 6 dpo, so I feel a little stir crazy and realllllly want to poas.

Also, yesterday when hubby and I were at the store I had some really painful pulling/pressure below my navel. I am not sure what that was about, but it really hurt and I felt sick afterwards.

Lets just say this tww is all wacky. My hormones are acting differently than they have before so its hard to determine what the cause of all these things are. I am really looking forward to next weekend when I can test!

aein, when are you supposed to test, did you start the metformin

no dear Meli, still my PCOS not detected, for confirmation Dr asked for hormones tests on CD2 but see 3 days up, no AF.

thats why i m little concerned if AF nt started so what should i do

Hello ladies :flower:

Krissie, what you have going on sounds very interesting. I have everything crossed that you get your BFP in a week or so!! Ohhh that would be sooo exciting!!!

I've heard some crappy things about the cheapie tests too, but my SIL used them with both of her pregnancies and got a BFP clearly on both tests. So I'm not sure. But she's also as fertile as you could possibly be. Both times she's been pregnant she got pregnant the first month off of bcp :dohh: Some luck, everyone in the family is fertile myrtle but me!

As for me, I'm on CD 3 now. I start Clomid in 2 days :happydance: AF is very heavy today, and I've been having a lot of cramps and back pain with it :growlmad: I took some pain killers and I'm feeling pretty good right now :haha: Of course to make things even better I had pizza for dinner last night and the Metformin isn't agreeing with that decision. So I've been running back and forth to the ladies room every so often :dohh: I hope this is the last period I have to deal with for a while!! :blush:

aein, if af hasnt started test, and talk to your doc. i was diagnosed when af was two weeks late and i kept testing and getting negatives. i thought maybe i had a tubal pregnancy. but she tested the hormones and my lh and fsh were off the charts, and my testosterone was higher than normal. i felt as if i was constantly ovualting, sore breasts, crampy sensation, and cm. it was awful! do you have any of these symptoms all month long?

aein, if af hasnt started test, and talk to your doc. i was diagnosed when af was two weeks late and i kept testing and getting negatives. i thought maybe i had a tubal pregnancy. but she tested the hormones and my lh and fsh were off the charts, and my testosterone was higher than normal. i felt as if i was constantly ovualting, sore breasts, crampy sensation, and cm. it was awful! do you have any of these symptoms all month long?

yea u r right Meli, if af nt started by coming Tuesday will visit my Dr

regarding symptoms no cramping, nor sore breasts and cm also dry this time although was watery in last couple of days, and my nipples hurt me when get touch on them

let see this time m feeling some hot flashes inside down abdomen area and also luks as AF is coming, let see the night just started here

baby dear, my all good wishes with you, i hope this might be your last cycle too :flower::thumbup:

Doctor just confirmed pcos and after an hsg we will be discussing metformin...so I'm interested in what ppl have to say about this...good luck to everyone!

Hi Sugarpi!

Sorry you were diagnosed with PCOS, but I think Metformin is a really good thing for women with the syndrome. So far it looks like a few of us have O'd, gotten cycles back, and possibly even gotten a sticky bean :hugs: Welcome!

Sugarpu, best of luck dear

i am still in hanging position, lets hope i get final diagnose before my flight on 17

Sugarpi- I agree that metformin is a good option for PCOS. I am on the ER version and have found it a lot easier on me than the regular. So far it has regulated my blood sugar and helped me O this cycle. Plus in general I feel a lot better and I am having almost no sugar cravings so that is great for me!

I really hope it works for me!! Ive heard good things about it. Do they just start it randomly in your cycle? Or do you take it on certain days in your cycle like clomid?

I really hope it works for me!! Ive heard good things about it. Do they just start it randomly in your cycle? Or do you take it on certain days in your cycle like clomid?

You can start it at any time and you take it during your entire cycle.

Well, usually its taken daily. So you'll start it randomly in your cycle. Im taking 1000mg daily, and I started taking it when I went to the doctor, so no specific day really. I've only been on it for 2 & 1/2 weeks so i havent noticed any major changes yet. But my doctor also prescribed clomid to go along with it to increase our chances of conception and to speed up the process :D

Okay awesome! Cant wait :) I really hope I get pregnant soon! I always imagine what it feels like to get a bfp... :)

Yea me too. I think I will probably be in shock when it finally happens and probably in some denial as well. We have waited so long and I have seen so bfn. This cycle is turning out to be a killer. I am in so much pain that I hardly slept last night. Hopefully things ease up soon.

Yea me too. I think I will probably be in shock when it finally happens and probably in some denial as well. We have waited so long and I have seen so bfn. This cycle is turning out to be a killer. I am in so much pain that I hardly slept last night. Hopefully things ease up soon.

Lol I probably will be on shock as well...I might end up screaming and hubby will probably come running thinking I hurt myself...lol I can just see it...

I hope things ease up for you!

i hope and pray soon we all will share our bfp experience here, inshahAllah:happydance::happydance:

best of luck my all fellows:hugs:

thanks aein! i really hope so too! unfortunately my gp wont prescribe me clomid, so i have to wait to see my ob, and shes not making appts until march:(

Hey Ladies,

I was just wondering, how long did it take for your ob/gyn to prescribe Clomid?

[[My feeling during this 2WW is it's going to be bfn. I know I should stay positive, but if it doesn't happen i'd be more crushed, but if I think nothing will happen and something does I'll be like OMG :O lols. I know I'm weird.]]

I'm wondering since she will see i've been on Metformin for almost 2 months if she will wait or what. I haven't had a period since Nov 2011. How/what was your visit like? I heard this gyn is VERY good and can help someone like me with PCOS. I just want to try ALL possibilities before being considered a hopeless case and IVF may be my last resort - ya know?

[[My feeling during this 2WW is it's going to be bfn. I know I should stay positive, but if it doesn't happen i'd be more crushed, but if I think nothing will happen and something does I'll be like OMG :O lols. I know I'm weird.]]

That is exactly how I am trying to be this cycle. It is so much easier. I am staying optimistic that I will get preggers, it just might not be this cycle.

I am hoping to get into a new OB. I am scared because they will be new and won't know my entire history. I know my last one would have prescribed Clomid in a heartbeat. So I am hoping once I get into a new one they will be understanding and we can explore that option. In the mean time its the metformin and probably soy for my next cycle. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->