Metformin & PCOS

Welcome dear, good luck with lots of baby dust <3

Welcome dbluett :hugs: Good luck & baby dust!

Nothing really new to report here. Just waiting everything out. I am however losing my voice :dohh: I was fine all day, & all of a sudden my voice started going out. Now I can only talk in a low whisper. I hate allergies lol

Aein - :hugs: I'm sorry to hear your cycles are being so wonky! If you're like me, maybe you have a progesterone deficiency. If that's te case then maybe the dose of cyclogest that you were on was not strong enough? I have to take 200mg (vaginal suppositories) three times per day, what dose were you on? Fx that the oral meds will help (I've heard they're more potent). It may take a few days for them to take effect and stop the spotting. GL and hopefully thing straighten out soon!! :hugs:

Baby - wow, your symptoms sounds so encouraging!!! I've got my fx for you!! Hopefully your bfp is on the way!!

Welcome dbluett!! GL and :dust: to you this cycle! :)

SweetMel - my doc had told me the same thing about ibuprofen so I stopped using it a few months before I got my bfp!

Bunny - where are you at in your cycle? How are you feeling?

Welcome, dbluett!

I went in for bloodwork again today and still no o, so the doctor is inducing a period with progesterone. I was expecting it, but it's still a bummer. This was our last chance to try naturally before IVF.

Welcome dbluett. :flower:

Aein, I hope you are doing much better.

Baby, I hope this is your month. I have my fingers crossed for you.

JL, I wish my doctor would tell me stuff like to avoid ibuprofen, but she doesn't. Thank goodness for you ladies on BnB and good ole doctor Google.

StayHopeful, I wish you could get your hormones under control. If only . . .

Whacha doin' bunny?

Did I forget anybody? :haha:

My laptop is sick so it is going to the guy tomorrow. I'm typing with one finger on my kindle. Ha. I'm waiting to o. I didn't take any pain relievers this AF so hopefully no delayed ovulation. It wasn't too bad, kinda light actually. That's it for me.

Stayhopedul, good luck with the shot, may be before vitro this is the final successful cycle for you, who knows right, trust on God, i'm praying for you, hugs

Swetmel, i always use BNB or FF on my Acer Tablet, even DH gift me laptop on anniversary but i used for specific work , good luck with Oing

Jl, i was taking 500 once in night, and i.e. four days after Oing to next 10 days
last month i didnt felt anything bad but only this cycle it happens, may be some cycst inside which raptures?? may be sumthing else?? mind is stuck really and i was taking Progesterone so how the level can drop?? 2nd night i take this and third day afternoon i start feeling spotting

yesterday night 4 medicines i taken, and i felt in evening no bleed, i change my pad and in morning i see dark brown line again, but its very low as per yesterday bleed, may be tablet is working but my temp is still below cover line, this hormone disturbance is making my chart weird :/

Cd 30 today :) Not a clue if i've O'd :haha: If i get the same cycle as last month I'll O tomorrow (if my lp is 14 days) but my cycles are longer every months so probably not! Plus I've been stressed this cycle so that may muck it up even more :dohh: Nothing else to report, well I did buy the new iPhone 5 so i'm kept well occupied :haha:

woow congratulation for Iphone 5 and good luck with Oing <3

Hi

Can i Join? I am starting it tomorrow! 500 mg a day but slowly going on it so 1 tablet for a week, then 2 tablets for the next week then full dose. I have a repeat prescription for 3 months:)

Welcome :D keep us updated with how metformin works for you! I hope it works wonders for you.

Jl, Thanks! But it wouldnt be the first time my symptoms looked great to no avail! How are you feeling? Can't believe your already 8 weeks!

Stayhopeful, sorry you didnt O this month :hugs: fx'd the ivf works first time & you'll have your bfp soon!

SweetMel, what CD are you on? Fx'd you O soon!

Bunny, how do you like your new iphone? I've never had one so I'm not sure what all the hype is about lol. Glad you have yourself occupied, I hope you O soon & catch the eggy!

Aein, hope things straighten out for you soon. It sucks when our body's act funky.

Fallen, welcome hun :hugs: hope the Met works good for you! Do you have PCOS?

Afm, my voice was practically gone this morning but is back some-what now. I pulled a muscle in my back today, sooooo I'm super glad I'm not O'ing right now because dtd would be so painful! I'm still having mild cramps & pms, but no more spotting so far. So fx'd!

the doctor has told me to start just taking one tablet a day to get used them. whens best to take them morning or night as i dont want it affecting my job

thanks

Fallen, its different for everyone. I personally take mine in the morning. Before I do anything else, & I'm on 1500mg so I take 3 of the 500mg immediate release when I wake up. For me, I only had a dodgy tummy for the first month or so, or when I upped my dose. Other women take it right before bed & that seems to help them. So if you're worried about it messin up your tummy, right before bed might be best.

Fallen- I am the opposite and get really bad tummy upset even now so I take 1000 mg extended release before bed. Everyone is a different.

afm we moved this weekend so I have been so busy. Tomorrow is my birthday so I am hoping for a relaxing day.

Fallen, I'm glad you joined us. I was just about to suggest it in your journal.

Fallen - welcome to the thread :flower: I really hope the met works for you!! I'm like Baby - I take mine (3 x 500mg immediate release) first thing in the morning with my breakfast and really only had trouble during times when I upped my dose. Are you on the extended or immediate release?

Baby - I'm keeping my fx for you!! When will you test? Afm, I can't believe I'm 8 weeks either, time is FLYING! I actually had another ultrasound today and everything was perfect and as it should be. The baby is measuring at 8 weeks and 1 day and we saw it's little heartbeat going strong at 171 bpm! :happydance:

Stayhopeful - I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't o hun :hugs: :hugs: I wish there was some magic way to make bodies work the way they're supposed to.

Bunny - have fun with your iPhone5!! I have the 4s and love it! I hope you O soon! :)

Krissie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :happydance: :flower:

Aein - how are you feeling now?

SweetMel - I see from your ticker that you're down 18lbs now - that's AWESOME! :thumbup: Good job!! How are you feeling?

Welcome Fallen, from last 3 months Metformin is also very good with me, no side effect nuthing
i started 500mg daily for 4 days after that 1000mg twice daily,

JL, i'm good so far, observed no bleed or spot from yesterday night till now morning 11am
let see, may be the oral tablets work and control Progesterone level

i will wait till 31 March, aftertht will do a home test also if no AF before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"