Metformin & PCOS

the doctor has told me to start just taking one tablet a day to get used them. whens best to take them morning or night as i dont want it affecting my job

thanks
Hi fallen, ive been on metformin 1500mg for 2 yrs.
They started me on 500, then every week upped it til full strength..I take it with breakfast,lunch,dinner. Always with food.
I wouldn't say I've had an easy time on but its worked wonders I've lost 35lb still got about that to go to get bmi to 29 for iui/ivf.
My cycle is reg 33-35 days, and ovulation. It has given me some nasty side affects, but you learn quickly what affects you, the tablet breaks down fat, so eg fish and chip night might end in a very quick trip to the loo.
But guess we are all different.
It's affected my appetite quite considerably.. but been worth it .
I have Pcos, been ttc for 3yrs, got Hsg in a month...
Good luck Xx
Try and persevere ..

Krissie, happy birthday!!! Hope you get a chance to relax!!!

JL, so glad to hear your u/s was good! Thats so exciting :) what are you hoping for, boy or girl? I'm going to test next week I think. AF isnt due til next Thursday so I have a week before then, & idk. I guess I am having some symptoms, but its all happened before so I'm not holding my breath lol. My cm has been different this month, but that could mean anything! Plus I've been having mild pms for a few days now, so I guess we'll see!

after 1pm i again felt light bleed started, its ON and OFF i observed in night stopped and ins morning after sime hours start again ... really pissed off

making my mind to spend 3 more days with medicine let see where it goes on 6th day afterthat i try to do home test in next week :/

iPhone is great! I'm such a big kid! Can't stop playing with it :haha:

Thank ladies, hope i O soon or even better if I have already O'd! Wishful thinking eh? :haha:

JL - 8 weeks already! Can't believe how quick that's went! Glad everything is okay :)

Fallen- I'm on 3x a day and take one with each meal but I'm lucky and don't have tummy troubles

Hi I only took one tablet today and I have never had sweet tooth before but omg I have today!!!! And I am sooooo tired like being falling asleep since 6pm!

Fallen, your chart looks so weird and i felt its very low going, have you go through Follicular scan, Ovulation confirmation with test??

Good, so you used OPK for ovulation time or what? may be your Dr at later stage go through your follicular scan

and yes try to take Metformin with meal like in breakfast with juice etc, so may be you wont feel any side effect

be hopeful, once your cycle regulated with Met, you will automatically fstart feeling change
good luck dear

Looks like the metformin is helping with the gonal f. Had an ultrasound today and had 7 measursable follicels. Not just worried that I might over stimulate.

awww thts good dbluett, so what your Dr is recommending??

mature folli's itself a good sign, lets see where you move in future
but hopeful for a positive way so soon

Hello all,

how are you all doing??

JL, please show us also the scan when you see baby, good luck dear <3

Bunny, wt are you upto, April is coming, so near your appointmen, good luck <3

Krissie, plannin for TTC in April or not?

Baby, what CD you are... any update about test?

missing Laureb, wish she is fine with TTC journey

Stay, why are you sad??

i wish to upload pic of my pad with blood stuff, but unable to do, dun know wts the matter
just wanna show here on threads may be someone let me know whats all this about :/

Cd23 and DPO13 is about to start, dun know should i go for test in coming days or not?
totally freak out with this thing brownish ON OFF bleed, its 5th day passed :/ :cry:

Dbluett, any update on the bloodwork?

Aein, I'm currently on CD29. I havent tested yet, if I do I'm going to atleast wait til Tuesday or Wednesday since AF is due Thursday. As for your spotting, I have that sometimes before AF comes. Not sure if thats whats going on with you, but it usually happens to me.

Afm I feel totally normal besides a few things. I'm on CD29 today. My cervix is swollen, which may have happened in the past but not I'm not sure. I dont recall it being swollen before. It usually feels like its the size of a pencil, but the past few days its felt about the size of my thumb. I've been having slight pms cramps/backache off & on but it doesnt feel like its as strong as if AF was actually coming. Which could be because I'm still nearly a week before AF is actually due. I had some brown cm on CD25&26, & had some pinkish cm yesterday (CD28). I think yesterdays spotty cm was due to rough bd'ing the night before. I think it aggitated my cervix & caused the slight bleeding. Yesterday & today I've had an increase in milky/lotiony cm, & today it had a yellowish tint to it. It freaked me out a little until I googled it & it seems totally normal. Other than that I've felt normal. I have a headache now, & a pulled muscle in my back but thats not related to ttc :haha: I'll probably test next week if I get more 'symptoms' or if AF doesnt show.

Aein- hubby and I are not planning to ttc for a couple more months. Probably my first cycle after June 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->