Metformin success stories needed!!!

Well I am confused.....I had some lite pink all day when I wiped yesterday and some clear cm mixed here and there. My boobs became sore. And I was achy and crampy for 2 days then today no pink no blood no aching. Boobs are huge and so sore. Checked cervix its high and soft and cm is very creamy. Could this be the metformin being that its my first month on it and its gonna mess my cycle up plus today is cd 40.

Well ladies I guess Metformin really is a miracle drug. This is my second month taking it and I got a bfp this morning on an ept digital!!! After almost two years of trying I finally got my bfp!! How is everyone else doing?

Congrats yay well I am on metformin almost 2 months and cd 43 today I took an frer and got a very faint pink line. What are your symptoms. I hope my line gets darker I took a clear blue digital and got a not pregnant yesterday and an equate plus minus the day before that and got an plus. Ahhhh this waiting is hard but I want a digital yes or two bright pink lines lol goold luck alyssa

Thanks! I have had very few symptoms. About two night ago I woke up around 3am and threw up. I have also had heartburn which I have never in my life had before and I feel slightly crampy like af is about to show up but not as bad. If a hadn't gotten a bfp this morning I never would have even suspected pregnancy!

Well just got bloods from doctor and my hcg level was 5.6 so he said im not pregnant. He said they must be over 15 for pregnancy. He said I was getting false positive on my hpt. I took 3 frer all positive and one at doctors positive but bloods say no. Sorry but I am so hurt and confused plus I started spotting today.

@ Resque: I hate to say it, but it might be a chemical pregnancy sweetie, because no one can get three false positives in a row because they are already rare to begin with. Sorry to sound so rude, but your doctor is a jackass and some light spotting also is normal in the beginning of a pregnancy, so it's really not over until AF shows, at this point it can go either way, good luck and keep us posted ;)

I agree! I had a couple chemical pregnancies myself and that sounds like one. Just look on the bright side of things, if that's what it is, and know it is possible for you to get pregnant. I hope you get the answer your looking for! :hugs:

Yes ladies at 2 am this morning I woke up to preasure pain on my lower right side only last a few seconds then turned into heavy mentrual cramps all over like I would normally get. Af is here full force too. Not too heavy but def not spotting. A flow for sure. I do feel weak I normally feel weak when I first start my periods espicially if its going to be heavy one. Waiting for nurse to call me back to see if they still need to do bloods I doubt they will. And yes at least I know hubby can get me pregnant right. We were getting worried about that. Are chemical pregnancy heavy periods and very painful

Definitely! When I had my chemical pregnancies I tried to stay in bed as much as possible because the cramps were so bad! The flow will be heavier too. My Dr told me about 70 percent of women have chemical pregnancies and never know so I did find some comfort in knowing I wasn't the only one!

Has anyone had any kind of weird symptoms while on the metformin? I was started on 750 mg ER a few days ago but also started Tamoxifen the same day (similar to clomid). I started getting really bad headaches and just overall did not feel well. When I called my doctor he told me to stop taking the metformin but to continue the tamoxifen. I didn't take my metformin last night and I still don't really feel any better... maybe the tamoxifen was causing the problem? Could the metformin have been dropping my blood sugar too low?

Update ... went to see dr he did more blood work and ultra sound. Said he didn't see anything in uterus and I wasn't tender which is a sign of eptopic pregnancy being tender. Said he didn't see any blood in the abdominal cavity. Which is a goos sign. He said my bleeding isn't heavy enough for misscarriage so he wants to see if hcg hormones have doubled. Will call me tomorrow.

Did you ever get the call back from your doctor? How is everyone doing??

Hi I did get some news.

This is my sucess story for metformin though not a happy ending we did have sucess because of metformin. I started metformin on febuary 9th right after my af arrived on the 6th. I started with 500 mg for the first week then 1000mg after that. On march 11th I hadn't recievec af so I started testing.. I got nothing but bfn so I gave it a rest for a few days. On the 19th of march I decided to test using frer because I was having promising signs like cm and cp. So I tested with three frer and all were bfp but faint I began cramping and then spotting so I went to dr right away for bloods. They came back to 5.56 so dr said yes I was pregnant but I was miscarrying. Well I had to fallow up with my dr, he was out of town during my first visit. He ordered another blood work and it came back to 10 then we did it again three days later and it was 48 and again one more time it was 111. However this whole time my progestrone was below 1. So dr said he wanted to terminate it because he wasn't a viable pregnancy and he fears its in my tubes I had been having pelvic pains and I myself new something wasn't right so I agreed to the methotrexate shot as I feard an ectopic. I am 3 days since the shot and have to wait til my levels reach 0 and 1 cycle before we can start ttc again. It has been emotional but trying to stay on a positive track and say hey we got pregnant and the metformin is just what I needed to do so now we r just going to keep praying for a healthier pregnancy next time. Goodluck with your metformin.

I was put on Metformin because I was having periods where my cycles were completely irregular and in October 2011, I bled for 3 weeks. I went to the ob/gyn and she told me I was insulin resistant and I wasn't ovulating correctly so that's why my bf and I weren't able to conceive. At first, I was only on 1000mg a day and it made me bleed randomly again, so I was put on 2000mg a day and it really began working when I got my period in November on the 28th, ending around December 4/5. My bf and I were having sex everyday and I'm pretty sure I felt myself ovulate in the middle of December at some point. On the 28th of December, I was about 3 days late because I was back to a 28 day cycle and bam! I was told I was pregnant when I went to the doctor for a regular checkup. Now, I'm almost 5 months pregnant! Metformin works for a lot of people and definitely worked for me! Some people with PCOS have a tougher time though so try Clomid with it as well.

well today is day 2 of being on metformin 500MG 3X'S a day hope all is well with me GOOD LUCK 2 ME :)

Ugh I think the Metformin is making me having a really long cycle! I'm CD51 today and my last few cycles before I started Metformin were only around 25 days :dohh: Anyone else have this happen??

Hi ladies I take 1500mg Metformin prescribed by my GP in a last ditch attempt to regulate my cycle before I start IVF in the next month. I have been taking it for 2 months exactly on sunday so i'm 2 days short of two months! However this is what it's done so far in 2 months. Within 5 days of starting 500mg dose i bled for a week, then i built myself up to 1500mg as recommended by my GP and had a 40 day cycle however, that was only 9 days ago and i'm now spotting AGAIN and feel like i'm gonna start my period :( wtf is going on?? has this happened to any of you ladies? I'm so upset because i thought that i might have a cycle slightly shorter than 40 days this month and then gradulally get closer and closer to 28 day cycle :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->