Mid June and July Firecrackers Group Due June/July 2017!

Right?! It’s annoying! I find most of my 3-6 and 6m are exactly the same. What annoys me more is the inconsistency among brands like how a Gerber 3-6 fit more like a 3m

Just had an appointment since A spiked a fever. Thankfully looks like just a cold, but she had me move his well check visit to next week :(. I’m on the fence about pt tomorrow. =\. Even with Tylenol he is still at 100.

He measured 13lbs 9.8oz (6oz growth in ten days) and 24” long so that was exciting

Oh no, Dobby. Fortunately a 100F fever is not that bad. Low grade fevers are just the body fighting off something, like it should be doing.

Ty yeah his doctor said 99-100 is fine. I just hate how warm and miserable he is even with medication. He was 102. The concern was he has croup then was getting better when the fever hit. / he is catching one thing after another so they were worried something more was at play. It makes nervous because I have a weak immune system and my brother has an autoimmune disease. But oh well just daycare woes.

Sorry I've been away for awhile.. things have been slightly crazy on the home front. For those of you who live in the us I'm sure you heard of the cop killed here in Pennsylvania. Well that was about five blocks away from my house (I'm in a neighboring Burrough) and we've been a bit in edge as the suspect was on the run until this morning.

As far as P, she's doing good. She is teething at four months old.. Both bottom teeth so she's been slightly cranky. We took her in Sunday because she was so congested she was sneezing out green stuff and she was wheezy. Thankfully she's just dealing with a small cold and it might take a couple of weeks to get over. She's 12lbs 2oz and 24 inches long. She's doing great otherwise always smiling and giggling. She is soooooo close to rolling from the back to front.

Hope A gets better soon, Dobby.

That's scary, Gag. I didn't hear about that, but glad to hear they caught him.

So, Alex's appt on Friday went well. He was 14lbs (6370g) and 25.5in (65cm), so bigger than I thought, but not complaining. :) He took his shots like a champ, barely cried. He was also fairly well behaved on the drive to Florida. And we've finally found a soother shape that he'll take. As for the baby cereal, the Dr said there's a decent chance he's not getting much from it, that it's basically just going through him. So, I think we'll give it a rest for now.

Yikes sorry Gag that is stressful. Glad to hear P just has a cold. Cold season really snuck up on us all. Hopefully she feels better!

Pretty ty! He’s still miserable but at least no more fever

Glad Alex did well on the road trip! And yay for growing! Interesting conclusion about the cereal. Did the doc say why he wasn’t getting anything from it?

A wants to wish those who celebrate a Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• 0213FA78-B5FC-4842-9035-6A38ED22CDA7.jpg
    0213FA78-B5FC-4842-9035-6A38ED22CDA7.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 15
Dobby - I think she said it's cuz his digestive system isn't mature enough to absorb the more solid food.

Aww, such a cutie. :)

Oooo got it

Forgot to update had his 4 month check on the 27th since he had a fever the week before. He was 24” and 14lbs 4oz. She still wants me fortifying since he slowed down when I stopped, but we’ll reassess at his 6 months. She gave me the green light to start 1 tablespoon of solids a day. I thought she was crazy but A loves it! He gets so excited in his high chair, opens wide for each spoon, gets impatient if I take too long between spoonfuls, and smacks his lips and coos for more when he’s done. So far we’ve done avocado and butternut squash. Sweet potato is next. He’s rolling back to tummy but can’t Unpin his left arm when he gets there lol and still having trouble tummy to back though. And he peed on me today then laughed r_r

Oooo got it

Forgot to update had his 4 month check on the 27th since he had a fever the week before. He was 24” and 14lbs 4oz. She still wants me fortifying since he slowed down when I stopped, but we’ll reassess at his 6 months. She gave me the green light to start 1 tablespoon of solids a day. I thought she was crazy but A loves it! He gets so excited in his high chair, opens wide for each spoon, gets impatient if I take too long between spoonfuls, and smacks his lips and coos for more when he’s done. So far we’ve done avocado and butternut squash. Sweet potato is next. He’s rolling back to tummy but can’t Unpin his left arm when he gets there lol and still having trouble tummy to back though. And he peed on me today then laughed r_r

I love how it sounds like he's really getting a personality..

P had her four month check up. She's still a peanut weighing in at 12lb 12oz and 24.5 inches long. She is up to 23-27oz a day in formula. We won't start solids on her until six months as she's doing very well with her current formula.

She is rolling both ways now and she is now a belly/side sleeper. She's so smiley and babbles all day long its just the cutest thing. Also if she grabs my hands while she's laying down she will pull herself up to a sitting positon and then push herself up to stand.

Aww sounds to me like you’ve got a tall, slender kiddo on your hands! That’s awesome that she pulls to sitting then standing! Do you think she’ll walk early?

He really is. And it pissed me off yesterday that ex said “he’s starting to have a glimpse of a personality” like go eff yourself if you spent any actual time with him you’d see he clearly has a personality. The kid loves to play and laugh. He’s very curious, so he likes to watch and observe the world around him. Very loving and happy. But mischievous (hence the pee then laughing). Loooves soft toys and anything that makes noise when he hits it.

Oh btw broke up with the father. Short version he is still a shit dad and called me a f*ing c**t in front of Aiden so no coming back just playing nice until he moves out. Decided A deserves child support so this is gonna get ugly. He already threatened to go for custody just to piss me off but good luck explaining how you deserve custody when you don’t Do crap, I have it in writing you don’t want custody or visitation, and he literally has two weeks off right now do you think he asked to have Aiden? No. Kid still goes to daycare 7am-4pm. Lol I hear him getting mad on the baby monitor cuz A is babbling. Just so over him

Gag, that's awesome that she can pull to standing! What a strong girl.

I feel like my A. is still doing great physically but has slowed down compared to how crazy it was that he could crawl around at like three months. Now he can pull to sitting, crawl out of things, and scoot around on his mat, but he's not full-on crawling yet, so he may end up hitting his milestones at an average pace. He can sit up pretty nicely without supporting himself. Still a small guy, but moving towards 16 pounds now. I'm still exclusively bfing but I really want to feed him solids, he seems so curious.

Dobby, Aiden is so cute ... what beautiful sparkly eyes he has. He sounds like such a funny little person. And I'm so, so sorry about your ex not being supportive at all and treating you so poorly. I hope the process of seeking child support goes smoothly and you don't have to deal with too much ugly drama on top of what he's already done. He owes you that much.

Good riddance, Dobby. Fingers crossed it doesn't get too ugly, but at least you're done with him and can move on to better things.

Alex can now roll from back to front. And he's been noticeably more fussy and going to bed later than normal. I dunno if it's teething or a growth period or what. Things are a little difficult with BD working and my mom in Australia, but I'm managing.

Happy to hear all of the babies seem to be doing so well <3

Dobby I’m so sorry to hear about your situation :hugs:. I hope all works out for the best for you and your little cutie. Such a sweet photo. Would love more info on introducing foods at 4 months. I read that you want to avoid items with nitrates and avoid proteins until the digestive system is more mature. I was dead set against solids when I thought you could only do rice cereal, but I’m open to things like avocado and sweet potato. Did you get a list of foods that are ok to introduce? When you feed him a tablespoon does it replace a feeding or is it in addition to the bottle? C is making these kinda chewing motions with her mouth when she sees us eat, and right after bfing she smacks her lips. She meets all the requirements to start solids listed on the paper our ped gave us, and she seems ready. DH has been ready for months, and I’m not sure how much longer I can get him to hold out :haha:. I figure I should get ahead of this since he’s home with her all day! I’m thinking the AAP and WHO recommendation is just bc they’re afraid it will interrupt bfing but there’s no chance of that here. C is still barely taking anything from the bottle during the day while I’m at work and then bfing all evening/night long to get her calories. 1.5 months and counting &#128514;

Speaking of, work has been chaotic. I drive to client homes and my schedule is different every day. Staying on top of pumping is a challenge. I’m now pumping while driving and it’s just been so emotional for me since I’m rather modest. I’ve had to pull up to gates for gated communities while pumping. I have a cover on, but ugh I just hate it. I was recently assigned a new client this past week, and I’m pretty sure he’s a sociopath. Very manipulative, doesn’t follow the system/rules, and zero emotion but tries to use our empathy against us. My best friend is also now mad that I can’t hang out as much, and DH and I fought on Wednesday. Enter way more emotional stress than I can handle. I broke down on Friday and felt pretty depressed all weekend. Just started feeling like I’m wearing too many hats, and I can’t get on top of anything. At least I still feel like I’m being a wonderful mother to C. That helps. Starting to feel better this week and rise to the challenges/give myself a break day at the office when I’m too overwhelmed (rather than driving around pumping and stressing). We’ll see if it was just a spell or if the baby blues really settle on in.

C’s 4 month appointment went well. She’s 25 inches and 14lbs and meeting all of her milestones ahead of schedule. She took her shots like a champ this time, and I got my flu shot with a smile on my face for her too. Looking forward to meeting C’s baby cousin (2 weeks younger) this holiday season, and seeing his dad (my brother) of course. Hope everyone has a wonderful December doing whatever it is that you do this time of year <3<3<3

Ty ladies i&#8217;m Just hoping it all works out for A and this morning he left him crying again while I was pumping so I am making the right call

Honestly I didn&#8217;t do much research lol. His pediatrician said start with 1 ingredient at a time and space it out a few days just 1 tablespoon a day as a snack. She said between feedings but I find it hard to find a time between feedings so I just give it before a feeding. Then I offer him the bottle. Depending on his mode, he&#8217;ll finish all or half his bottle. Overall he is taking less fluids, about one to two full bottles less (4-8oz). But he&#8217;s still eating between 24-28 oz a day of fortified milk

Anyway she said start with oat cereal or avocado but since he has 1 tsp of oat cereal in his bottles as is I decided to go to avocado. I am doing veggies first because fruits taste yummier so I figure hit him with the more bland favors. Literally just looked up lists of good stage 1 foods or looked to see what flavors of canned baby food exist then bought that ingredient. My doctor did not so subtly hint that she prefer moms do homemade stage one foods lol so I bought a $30 food processor via amazon after realizing it takes me an hour to mash avocados to the consistency I want lol

Anyone dealing with teething yet? A. has some sharp points coming through on top and bottom and he's so wakeful and fussy. He won't sleep without nursing, which really cuts into my work time.

I believe Elliot is starting to teeth. He won't let me look well enough, but I can feel something where an incisor would be. And lately he'll go from being the happiest little boy, to cranky and almost shreek crying.

I believe Elliot is starting to teeth. He won't let me look well enough, but I can feel something where an incisor would be. And lately he'll go from being the happiest little boy, to cranky and almost shreek crying.

Yes, same here! I can feel the sharp little points with my fingertip. And though A's usually a mellow little guy he's started crying more intensely than before. He also chews on EVERYTHING he can get near his mouth. I know it's just a temporary stage ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->