Mid June and July Firecrackers Group Due June/July 2017!

Awww how cute! That’s so awesome how mobile he is! That stinks about losing that zen time. I hear that a lot from people like oh enjoy the set him down phase now lol and since i’m already exhausted idk hahaha but since ex moved out his play area is a solid 45 square feet so hopefully he can just moved around in there plus my house is dirty haha i’m Seriously considering shaving my dogs :rofl:

It is what it is. It's my fault For being naive and guillible. But it’ll all work out. I have to believe it will.

I’m with you on just embracing it. Genetics are genetics and however it plays out height wise will be. And to this day my favorite (shhh don’t Tell I have favorites) student was the shortest boy in my 2nd grade class. And in college I almost dated a guy shorter than me (which says something i’m 5’2) but he graduated and I was sick and dated a d bag instead lol

To be honest it was inevitable! I'm only 5'1" and DH is 5'11" ... our older son is a little bit tall for his age, so the genetic roulette just got my next one. My brothers are pretty short and it's never bothered them as far as I know. I dated shorter guys in the past. A guy who's 5'7" is still half a foot taller than me! And the studies I read said that mostly short men aren't affected by it, but that sometimes parents obsess and make them self-conscious. So ... as long as I let it go and embrace it, I think he'll be just fine.

The mobility is hard! He has a bouncy swing and that helps, but he gets sick of it. We also let him play in the crib. I'm realizing a playpen would be useful. My older DS wasn't mobile till later so we never got one, but I bet it would help a lot.

Ha, my house is pretty dusty. Your A. will be happy just scooting around! Babies don't care about a little dust or dog fur.

I don't think you were naive. You were trusting somebody and he chose to break your trust. Not your fault.

In case you ladies are interested, I came across this "formula" a couple months back:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...alth/expert-answers/child-growth/faq-20057990

I did the calculation using my parents' heights and it was pretty accurate for how tall I turned out (5'5"). So, I used it with BD's (6') and my heights and it estimated Alex would be about 5'11". Not too shabby. And I'd always heard about doubling a child's height at 2 years old thing, but I thought it was for both genders. I know I was 3' at two years old, but I dunno about 18 months. Either way, it's not an exact science, but fun to think about. lol

Don't even get me started on dust and clean floors. I've been trying to keep BD's floors fairly clean, but there are so many nooks and crannies. I even "gifted" him a Swiffer Wet Jet for XMas, but I've used it more than him. lol. There's some definite baby-proofing that's gonna have to happen very soon.

Aww such cute babies :)

V is growing so fast I measured her at 28 in at 8 months and 21 lb 3 oz. She is tall and a bit chunky. She is moving around by rolling and turning herself the rolling some more.

I'm 9 lbs less than pre pregnancy and we have decided to not prevent. I guess we are kinda half heartedly trying but will really ttc come June. I'm so excited about prospect of number 2.

Anyone other then leson going to ttc this year?

We're not TTC yet, but I think I'm slowly wearing BD down. The cons are obviously the lack of space and not a lot of extra money. But he says he can see the appeal of having kids close in age and he knows how lonely it can be to be an only child. We've only done it 3 times since Alex has been born, we've used a condom every time, and I haven't gotten my period yet, but I've taken 2 pregnancy tests in the last 2 months (one of which I took today), and they've both been negative. Maybe I'll ask for another baby for my BDay (in April). lol

Pretty haha wear him down lol. Yeah my DH has 2 step siblings but he didn't live wth them. I was separated 800 miles from my bro so I felt like only child most the time. Oh my bday is April 13th. I'm turning 30 and it's a Friday the 13th. Hope it's good luck for me ;)

Haha same flueky. When I was younger I did a superstition bday party. So fun!

Leson how fun. I should have done that. My 13th birthday was a Friday the 13th it would have been awesome.

Gl wearing him down, Pretty! Don’t let up!

That’s all I got. Miserable and too tired to get out of bed do i’m literally using A’s baby vicks and saline drops and ear therm :rofl:

Oh man I hate those drops. Pretty sure I got them everywhere except C’s nose and then I panicked over her consuming too much salt 😂. I switched to the mist and we are all happier for it!

Sorry I've been MIA lately.. things have been slightly crazy. I took Peyton in yesterday because she was pulling at her left ear and made a small gash in it, she had a dry cough, very very runny nose, and just very fussy (which is not her). Apparently those teeth we've been waiting on are finally on their way as both bottom and top gums are swollen and Doc said she could potentially have all four teeth in the next 2-4 weeks.

She is measuring at 14lbs 11oz and 27in long (13% weight and 80% height)!! My husband is 6ft and my dad is 6'2 so I'm assuming that's where the length is coming from.

She is up on her knees rocking so I'm sure crawling is only a few weeks away. She's been army crawling for awhile now. She sits up on her own and she's starting to pull herself up from my hands to standing... She also is in love with the trolls movie.. she can be fussing and hears that movie and immediately starts dancing.. it's so cute!

She's eating most veggies and oatmeal and some fruit. We are going to stay away from strawberries until a year as I had a bad reaction to them when I was little.

Aww sorry to hear things have been crazy :(. That’s awesome about the rocking and teeth! She’s growing so quickly!

Nothing new here just ex being a petty d*bag. Both A and I still have colds. He’s slowly getting up on all fours. He refuses to play at home and only plays st daycare or my mom’s, when he’s home he just wants to be held by momma. Food has been fun. Loves his veggies over fruit. Hates chicken and turkey alone so I do the simmer recipe from the wholesome baby food section (protein plus seeet potato plus apple) which he tolerates. His pedi is very new age with wanting me to give him meats and peanut butter before a year. He grabbed his spoon from me a couple times two nights ago and managed to put it in his mouth and suck some food off. *he had a bib lol he kept pulling it off and since it was bath time afterwards I decided to stop fighting with him to get it back in lol

Attachments

• 610394E9-079A-4CE8-961E-2A7C67CC83DE.jpg
    610394E9-079A-4CE8-961E-2A7C67CC83DE.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 8
How are everyone's LOs doing?

Alex needed a shot on his 7 month BDay, so I asked to have him weighed too. He's now exactly 18lbs, which seems to put him in the 45th percentile, thank God. Dunno about his length though. We've got 2 bottom teeth coming in at the same time. He's been alright-ish, but there have been a few screaming fits. A little Tempra and some boob time make him feel better though. He's not quite crawling yet. He's not up on his hands and knees, but he's starting to drag and propel himself forward. He's still liking my purees and I gave him half a banana yesterday. I'd like to do the BLW, but I'm so worried about him choking and I know the mess would annoy me. I'm also not 100% sure what I can feed him and how small the pieces should be.

And I tried to upload some pics from my phone, but they're all too big. lol

A has RSV but is on the mend. He loved his beach vk

I’m struggling with BLW as well. Mostly the gagging and how upset he gets and just reaches and screams for the purée. Gl! I gave up lol I may try again when he feels better

That’s so awesome at Alex’s growth! And it’s so fun watching them just move somehow someway lol like how does that uncoordinated movement end up working haha

We have our first formal supervised visit and it’s been an hour and 15 and they haven’t called me so it can’t be that bad.... right?

Time is just flying!

I'm glad I'm not the only one too nervous to give solids. (as in not puree). We tried some tofu the other day and she gagged and drooled it out. She was not amused and neither were we! It was kinda scary so I think we will wait.

D finally rolled over but only two or three times! Now she gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. She kinda hates it just as much as tummy time after hardly even a minute. She can scootch backwards too but she isn't thrilled about that either.

She can talk though! She says Mama, Dada, dog, and boob. But mostly boob. (Still breastfeeding, lol). She loves screaming and raspberries too. Sometime if you do something she thinks is funny she will try to do it too so that you laugh at her. I love her baby jokes!

She still has zero teeth. There was a time she drooled so much I thought she was teething but I guess not yet. My DS was toothless for over a year so I'm not too surprised. I love the toothless smiles. But we just got family photos done and she pretty much refused to smile. We will be lucky to get one without a scowl. Can't lie, I'm kinda disappointed.

She's just starting to work on her pincher grasp. Mostly still does the slappy hands thing but she tries a few times before moving on. I love slappy hands and I will miss them when they go but I truly love watching her discover, learn, and grow!

We are all signed up for swim lessons which I'm excited to start soon. She loves bath time now so it should be a lot of fun. I also got her the most adorable little swimsuit.

I think DH and I are in the NTNP mindset. I would love another close in age but my cycles haven't even returned so it's pretty much a moot point, at least for the time being. Might have to wait until she weans.

Hello all! Wow it's been ages.

I literally had a smile on my face reading everyone's baby updates.

My little man turned 7 months on Feb. 18th. He has 2 bottom teeth that sprouted last month and his top teeth will probably peek through any day now.

He can sit up on his own and currently "army crawls" although I've only seen him once on his actual hands and knees rocking. He can stand supported for long periods of time and he rolls like a gator lol!

I've been very slow going with introducing solids only ever gave him bananas, apples, and rice cereal with breast milk as he had a mild allergic reaction to formula and a really bad reaction to yogurt which scared me and my husband half to death so we are guessing he has a milk allergy. We are currently keeping him away from all milk products until we get to the appointment with the allergist. So for now he's still primarily breastfed.

Not sure about how long he is but he looks pretty tall and weighs a whopping 20lbs. For reference he was 17lbs at 5 months. He wears 9 months clothing and is a size 4 diaper.

For those of you worried about giving solids that are not puréed a good rule of thumb is to wait until baby has about 2+ teeth and start with things that have a bit of pulp like applesauce, farina, over boiled noodles cut very small of course, etc. That way baby can get used to the slightly harder texture and simulate chewing. That is what I went by with my first and she didn't have any issues. In the meantime definitely give those baby rusk crackers as they are also a huge help to get babies eating solids without the risk of choking and another good sign baby is ready for slightly harder solids is if they can feed themselves.

Keep on being awesome mamas you're doing great!

Love reading all the updates. Sorry, just so exhausted and busy so none of my own really. Will get around to it eventually

Well, I'm mostly over my fear of giving him solids. He's had bits of toast with either PB or jam, strawberries, hard boiled eggs, and my mom gave him a piece of pizza crust today cuz "you kids used to love it" and he seemed to really enjoy it.

We've still only got the 2 teeth and he's now starting to bite me while feeding sometimes.

Still not properly crawling, but he can move around when he wants to.

Oh, and I'm like 75% sure he used baby sign language to sign "more" and "eat". I almost cried. :')

Attachments

• 28471379_10155531643163095_6856534227419445187_n.jpg
    28471379_10155531643163095_6856534227419445187_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 28168695_10155524978073095_6339801000293507622_n.jpg
    28168695_10155524978073095_6339801000293507622_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 6
  • 27973520_10156328346493783_8872127613039947439_n.jpg
    27973520_10156328346493783_8872127613039947439_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online