Mid June and July Firecrackers Group Due June/July 2017!

I think I’d like to join this group.
My edd is July 15
I am finally pregnant after my loss last year due to a subchorionic hemorrhage at 13 weeks. Our first son. The hemorrhages caused 7 ER trips in 16 days, a lot of blood loss and was very traumatic.
I had also lost our first baby at 6 weeks in 2012.

I have a healthy 5 year old girl and 2 year old girl.
After getting many tests and starting thyroid medication, I was pregnant 2 months later. I’m super paranoid but hopeful! I really want to get through the 6 week mark next week, and my anxieties will go down a little. They have assured me that the hemorrhage was a fluke and not likely to happen again.

We have decided to keep this pregnancy to ourselves until 16-19 weeks. Thankfully it’s winter and I love hoodies. I didnt show with my girls until 16ish weeks anyway.

Here’s to a healthy 9 months for us all!

Edited to add, I had bloodwork done at 4w1d 179 and again 4w3d- 538

Last edited:
Congrats on your pregnancy, @Maurie , but this group is for women who already had babies in June/July 2017. You want "July Jewels 2019" .

Thanks, but I just found out my EDD is June 27 and I'm pretty disappointed. -.-

Oh no, why is that disappointing? That sounds like a lovely birthday to me! Your little boy was later in July, right, so hopefully that's a good space between them. There are only four days between my birthday and my older brother's birthday (he's two years older) ... we did a lot of joint birthday parties. None of the other kids were born in May so it was always a special bond to have a close birthday like that.

second - Cuz it's not the gap I'd like. Ideally, there would be a couple months between all my kids' BDays, but considering the circumstances (and before the scan), I was hoping I'd be further along than I thought and best case scenario: there'd be at least a full 30 days between BDays. I'd even settle for at least being born in separate months. But even with my "history of going early", that's cutting it way too close for comfort.

second - Cuz it's not the gap I'd like. Ideally, there would be a couple months between all my kids' BDays, but considering the circumstances (and before the scan), I was hoping I'd be further along than I thought and best case scenario: there'd be at least a full 30 days between BDays. I'd even settle for at least being born in separate months. But even with my "history of going early", that's cutting it way too close for comfort.

I see! I'm sorry. I hope this little one shows up a tiny bit early (but still safely) to give you some extra space between birthdays. It's still really exciting. I know your son might be too young to really grasp the concept but how cool that he gets to be a big brother.

Thinking of everyone! Our babies aren’t babies anymore! I was at Costco crying like an idiot because they had little blue bikes and the age said 2-5 years, and A being in Size 6 Overnight Swaddlers and his last box of Size 5 Cruisers ahhh. Where did our babies go?!

In update news:
I’m still single with no true period yet. Had withdrawal bleed after taking medroxyprogesterone so on “CD” 38.
My ex is still an a*hat.
A either had a language delay or Autism but has the sweetest laugh and is a killer with the ladies and a soccer ball

ETA did not realize people were posting this whole time ugh this new bnb layout

So I totally forgot my username and password and have missed all this wonderful news. Congratulations to ask the expecting mommy's of #2.

We are not pregnant and not trying. We may be one and done.. we are still deciding. 2019 has started off crazy. My husband's grandmother passed on the 12, we've been traveling for our business, and it's been non stop.

P is getting so big and isn't a baby anymore which makes me sad. She can Count to ten, she can build mega blocks and has been for a few months, she's in size 5 diapers, still can wear some 12m clothes, is saying so much I can't even keep up, and is obsessed with cats. She loves apples and chicken and is off the binky and down to two bottles a day. She is a huge daddys girl and is just the best thing to ever happen to us. Her 18 month appointment is next week so I'm curious to see her stats..

Gag so sorry about the loss.

I chuckled a bit about the username thing. Been there :)

That’s such a great update! Kudos! I hear you. They are really starting to look like kids instead of babies.

I’m also likely looking at just one. The cost of living here is insane, and i have seen what the dating world has to over my chubbier, almost 30 single mom self. Rather stay single. And while I’d totally use a donor, can’t afford two kids on one salary here. So that’s been hard to swallow. It was one thing when it was my choice but now I feel like it’s not.

Ex still an a*

A was diagnosed with mild ASD.

Been fighting off depression.

Work sucks. We are likely to strike soon.

Good times.

Gag how did her check up go?? That's amazing what she can do. Interesting how they all develop at their own pace. V is not close to counting to ten. She really won't speak "on command". She understands words and speaks if she feels like it.

Sorry for your loss. There is nothing wrong with being one and done if that feels right for your family. I'm leaning strongly towards two and done. I had considered 3 before but not really feeling that now.

Dobby that stinks about losing the option on #2 not by choice. Also hope things pick up in your life. :hugs:

Last edited:
I'm so happy to see our little group is still active.

I haven't checked in for awhile. I had a MMC since I last posted here. But I'm currently expecting again, due in august now, but I just can't seem to get excited about it. I'm still very much grieving and being pregnant again is kind of triggering. I'm trying.

D is doing wonderfully. She's pretty tiny, 25th percentile for height and weight but she's super smart. Not counting to ten by a long shot, lol, but she's starting to get the concept of numbers, colors, and letters. I've found some good mommy and me activities in my area and we've been having a lot of fun at those. I think she's going to love being a big sister. Oh, and I think she's finally weaned! It's been three days since she's last asked and.. I'm so relieved. Nursing aversion was a thing for me since I got pregnant this time and it's pretty much the worst thing in the world. It was weird, like the last couple of times she "nursed" she had forgotten how.

Dobby, my DS also had mild asd. Had/has, I don't know, I don't think he actually has the diagnosis anymore. He had so many major delays when he was a baby/toddler, so right around this age. He was over three before he even really started to talk. Several years of occupational, developmental, and sensory therapy, special ed (math) classes in elementary.. But you'd never know now. If you met him you'd think I was full of shit. He still has some trouble with w's (who, what, when, why, where) but that's pretty much it as far as I can tell. He's my son and pretty fantastic. Early intervention is so amazing, that early diagnosis is a good thing.

So her appointment went great. She's 24lb, 34in tall and they are very happy with her developmentally... She is very strong willed though so I'm learning how to discepline early..

On another note.. ever heard the old saying when someone dies, someone always gets pregnant..

Well the morning after my last post.. we found out we are expecting again.. so I'm due sometime between September and October... Funny sense of humor God has...

Dobby just because he was diagnosed doesn't mean he won't be a normal functioning child. A good friend of my mom's has a son that was very high on the scale but today he is a very smart and very well functioning ten year old.

As for number two you never know.. I'm sure you'll find an amazing man who will treat your baby like it's his.. it'll come when you least expect it..

Fluek.. I was shocked too and the doctor said she's ahead. I'm sure it's cause she hangs out with my nephew whos 11 months older than her constantly...

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited:
Weebles I'm so sorry for your loss and not being able to feel excited about this pregnancy. Will you be finding out gender?? Yay for DD doing so well :)

Gag omg congrats!! Ah the irony of life. How are you feeling??

Fluek.. I'm doing ok.. I feel horrible for not being excited about this pregnancy... It makes me feel like a bad person. I think we were so excited about P because it took awhile and we lost our first pregnancy and had recently lost my father in law so it was something really exciting..This was so not expected and I think I'm still kind of in shock..

How are you doing?

Gag - Sorry for the loss, but congrats on the pregnancy! And good to hear P is doing so well.

Weebles - Glad to hear D is doing great too. :)

Flueky and Dobby - We're all up-to-date from the other forum. lol

AFM, I had a MMC back in December, but I'm now pg again. Only about 4 1/2 weeks right now and I'm really hoping this one stays. SO and I are still together and he already knows about this new baby. Alex is good. Not sure how many numbers he knows, but he'll definitely say "ah.. doo.." for "one.. two..", knows several baby sign language signs, getting the hang of using cutlery, 85th percentile for height and weight, totally off bottles, and is just generally a pretty happy boy.

Wow, so many updates I missed! Congratulations, gag, on the new baby, and I'm sorry for the loss your family has experienced lately. I hope it's a peaceful pregnancy. I don't think it's terrible to not be excited. A lot of pregnant women are numb or worried or just not thrilled at first, it seems totally normal. You have plenty of time to get excited about a new baby.

Pretty, congratulations on the new pregnancy and hope it's a happy and healthy nine months for you. And same to weebles. I'm sorry about the pregnancy losses you've both experienced and hope these pregnancies are healing.

Dobby -- that is tough about grappling with the possibility of not having another, but I know our families unfold the way they're meant to. You may end up loving having a close bond as the two of you, or you may meet someone new and have a second at some point. It's so hard to know.

We are pretty much definitely done. I have an IUD now and my husband will probably get a vasectomy over the summer. Two feels exactly right for us.

My A. is doing well but he is such a tiny boy! He can wear 18-month clothes but they're kind of longish on him. He still fits plenty of 12-month clothes. He's on the charts with his weight but not his height ... he has such a hearty appetite but it all goes to his little potbelly. He also still looks more "babyish" than a lot of 19-month-olds, just because he's shorter. So sometimes people will be surprised he's as old as he is and I have to grapple with feelings of guilt, even though his doctors are happy and this is just the way he is. I remember people being shocked because I always looked so young as a kid and I won't lie, it did hurt my feelings sometimes. I guess I just need to learn how to boost his confidence. My older DS has consistently been in the 70th-80th percentile for height and I never realized how much it can weigh on you to have a kid who's not growing very fast.

Otherwise, he talks a lot, speaks in sentences, is super happy and bubbly, is obsessed with reading books (he looks at the pictures by himself a lot) and can focus on his games and toys really well. He's a sunny little boy and very healthy and loved by our extended family.

Hi Everyone, haven't been on this group in over a year so so happy to see it is still active! So many updates to catch up on! Congratulations on all the new pregnancies etc I hope the hormones have been treating you all well :)

K is 20 months already (where did the time go??). Has weaned himself recently off bottles and milk which was surprising...next up, the dummy. I am going this afternoon to have my mirena removed but if I am honest, I have a lot of ambivalent feelings about trying for #2 already

I hope everyone continues to update on how they are doing and what their toddlers are up to these days

Pretty congratulations.. I hope all is going well

Aphy, gl with trying for #2

As for me I've been so sick with this baby.. due date is October 10, but since I'm AMA this go around they won't let me go past 39 Weeks... We are doing the harmony year this weekend so we'll find out what the gender is next week.

Pretty congratulations.. I hope all is going well

Aphy, gl with trying for #2

As for me I've been so sick with this baby.. due date is October 10, but since I'm AMA this go around they won't let me go past 39 Weeks... We are doing the harmony year this weekend so we'll find out what the gender is next week.

Im sorry you have been so sick :( is it morning sickness? exciting about the gender scan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->