Mid June and July Firecrackers Group Due June/July 2017!

Flueky - Thanks. Luckily I can have hair like this at my job. :)

Well, BD and I are pretty much NTNP. I had a positive opk today and yesterday and we've DTD sans condom 2 and 6 days go. So, I guess I've just started my TWW.

Wow, congratulations to all the new BFPs! I hope you all have wonderful, healthy pregnancies. And Pretty, hope you see your BFP very soon!

All's well over here. A is walking a lot, I think he started right around his first birthday and is pretty steady on his feet. He loves reading and asks us to read him books a lot. He's a mimic, always imitating everything people around him do. I'm a little tired ... I've been home with him and my 5-year-old a lot and my older boy is having trouble adjusting to kindergarten/dealing with separation anxiety. Having kids in such different stages is definitely tiring in some ways. They're getting really cute together though, playing more.

Anyone else still nursing? I'd love to wean but A's not anywhere near baby-led weaning right now. He's just as obsessive about it as when he was younger. He has a good appetite too but the nursing, especially the night-nursing, wears me down.

I'm still nursing as well second. Like you said about A, D is just as obsessed with it as she was as a newborn.. Maybe even more so. I really want to do baby led weaning but I'm also wanting to gently nudge her in that direction. She would happily nurse every 1-2 hours. We're cosleeping as well so I am still not getting a full night's rest as she wants to nurse every time she stirs.

I'm still nursing as well second. Like you said about A, D is just as obsessed with it as she was as a newborn.. Maybe even more so. I really want to do baby led weaning but I'm also wanting to gently nudge her in that direction. She would happily nurse every 1-2 hours. We're cosleeping as well so I am still not getting a full night's rest as she wants to nurse every time she stirs.

Wow, nursing while pregnant! You're a hero. It tires me out enough to co-sleep and nurse a toddler while not pregnant.

The daytime sessions I can cut down with some effort but at night A cries REALLY hard if I don't nurse him and won't settle down for anything. It's hard to sleep while nursing but it's also hard to sleep with a baby crying his heart out so I'm kind of in a pickle. My older son nursed till about 22 months ... it felt natural and easy to wean him, he was losing interest. Kind of hoping A doesn't take that long but it's not looking good!

Kudos. No help here. A was always on the bottle, and after he was hospitalized for a week my supply tanked because I could only manage to pump twice a day. But I was always supplementing with formula because my supply sucked and he needed extra calories. That took a lot to not feel like a complete failure. So no tips sorry!

Kudos. No help here. A was always on the bottle, and after he was hospitalized for a week my supply tanked because I could only manage to pump twice a day. But I was always supplementing with formula because my supply sucked and he needed extra calories. That took a lot to not feel like a complete failure. So no tips sorry!

Everyone makes the decisions they need to for the health and happiness of themselves and their babies! Each situation is so unique. You faced a lot of challenges that not everybody does and did your best, which is amazing. Plus formula is just as good as breastfeeding, it's all about the love and care and you give your baby plenty of that. Nursing just happened to be easy for me but if it hadn't been I wouldn't have had any reservations about switching to formula.

Dobby you pumped like I can't even imagine if I remember correctly. You had so many challenges and I was always super impressed with your dedication. You did far better in those circumstances than I ever could have. I don't think you have anything at all to feel badly about, in fact just the opposite. It was an amazing achievement and you truly should be proud of that feat.

Also, there is zero wrong with formula feeding anyway. My DS was combo fed almost right from the start and fully weaned pretty early too, that's just how it worked out. And that's the way it is with being a mom, no matter what you do it seems there is always something to worry about and something to feel guilty about! I'm sorry for coming across the way I did, it's just a set of difficulties I'm dealing with and I only meant to vent, not make you feel bad!

Second how cute about the reading. V prefers just carrying, chewing, and flipping through the books. She doesn't like sitting still :haha:

Bf didn't work for us so yeah...

Pretty can't wait to see if BFP or

Dobby you pumped like a champ. Be proud of that :)

Weebles are going to do makena shots this time??

I'm not 100% sure. My first appointment is this coming Monday and I'm sure it will be discussed. Both times I went into labor it was due to pPROM which mekena doesn't help prevent. Although when pregnant with DS I went into active labor around 7 months (contractions) and had to have it stopped which fortunately was successful until my water broke a month later. We'll see! I'd love to have a full term baby!

Happy (early) 14 weeks Flueky! How did your NT scan go? Any early guesses?

Weebles hope your appt goes great and happy early 7 weeks :)

I'm hoping it helps me go full term or a couple weeks longer at least.

Where I'm at they just do a dating scan at 7 to 8 weeks and anatomy scan around 20 weeks. I suppose if I asked I could have had one, but not sure insurance would cover it.

Gender guesses most the old wives tales point to boy except for baking soda and Chinese gender calendar. My first instinct was boy as well, so we'll see. I did dream this week I gave birth to another girl. I dreamt of a boy with V, obviously not a boy. The cycle I conceived I dreamt of AF instead of bfp so my dreams have been opposite :haha:

Flueky and weebles, hope your pregnancies are going beautifully! Can't believe how quickly pregnancy goes by when it's not you who's pregnant, ha. Do either of you have any preference for a boy/girl or are you just thrilled with whatever comes?

I've been going through something weird and unexpected lately, I've been really yearning for a third baby. DH and I are both in total agreement about two kids being perfect. I know it's better for our finances/careers/sanity to have two. But I feel almost in mourning over being done with the excitement and anticipation of being pregnant. I'm really shocked because I did NOT expect to feel this way. Since my A was born I've felt really glad to have a complete family and be done with babies. So I don't know where this is coming from, or why.

And it's not even about trying for a girl as I'm pretty sure we'd end up with another boy! Boys are so prevalent in both families. But it's just a surprising thing to be going through. I keep reminding myself that there's always going to be a last baby, whether it's your first or your twelfth. Just trying to figure out what I really want right now I guess.

Second, it's going well for me. I had horrible exhaustion 1st tri, but smooth sailing now. This pregnancy is going by much faster though. I guess less time to think about it.

I'm hoping for boy and boy was ny initial instinct. However, I'd be happy with another girl.

Well I hope you and DH can agree on ttc or not. Feeling broody is awful. I always think I won't regret a child, but I would regret not trying if I felt incomplete with our family. Not sure if we are done now though.

Either way that will be exciting! One of each would be lovely but I bet raising two sisters would be great as well, they'd have such a nice bond being so close in age. Glad the pregnancy is going well. I found that it went much more quickly with my second, and I had a little less anxiety and was able to enjoy and cherish it more.

Well if I really REALLY wanted a third, DH would be cautious but I think he'd agree to it. He comes from a family of three and I think he'd like recreating his own family growing up. But I'm also on the fence. Some months I'm so happy to be done with kids, sometimes I feel really broody and long for just one more. I'm trying to make myself imagine it past the pregnancy stage though. Do I want three school-age kids? We'd need to get a new car, always consider a larger house, etc. ... two has always felt right for us and I think we'll be happy with our boys. I guess it's something I could consider down the road. I am 34 but my mom had her youngest at 40!

Hi Ladies - I have not been on in a loooong time. I cannot believe this thread is still going and I cannot believe we have some BFP!

I just got my BFP, so hoooray for 2 under 2!!

I will catch up on the thread to see how everyone is doing.

Miss you guys! <3

Wow, it's nice to see that this page is still active! Can't believe how many new pregnancies we have on here, congrats! I just came by to snoop a bit, because I think I might be pregnant again!

Congrats ttcfirst!!! I'm a bit nervous about 2 under 2, but I think later in life it'll be nice for V to have a sister so close in age.

808 take a test!!

I took a test yesterday and it had a very faint blue line... It is one of those CVS cheapies though so not sure how reliable it is. Gonna take another one tonight with a longer hold to see if it gets darker!

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope it has been good to you so far:hugs2:

808 oh how exciting!!! FX!! You should post it :) I love seeing those 2 lines or looking for a line. Any symptoms??

This pregnancy has been different. It's not been too bad. MS was pretty much non existent. Heartburn has been an early nuisance. Looking forward to reaching viability soon and hoping to make it closer to full term :)

Huge congrats, pretty! That will be wonderful to have two summer babies. Hope it's a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Congrats on finding out you're having a girl, flueky!

Malia, good luck with your BFP. I hope you've got good news by now but if not I hope you see a lovely BFP very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->