Mid June and July Firecrackers Group Due June/July 2017!

So many cool updates! So glad everyone's little ones are thriving and healthy.

A. is eight months tomorrow. He's been eating a lot of puree lately, and we've branched out to eggs and avocado. He also eats little cereal bits. We try to balance out proteins, grains, fruits, etc., but I haven't been brave enough to try other solid foods yet. He still nurses a ton. I haven't weighed him or measured him in a while. Sometimes he can wear 9-month clothes, sometimes he can still just squish into 3-month! It's crazy how much the brands vary. He fits best in 6-month still, I think.

I have realized that A. is a little more high-strung and clingy than my older son. He's had trouble napping without me in the bed, so I've lost some good alone time/work time. I'm hoping this stage ends soon. He's getting good at cruising and can stand with just one hand for support. I had a dream of him walking at eight months because I had a friend whose daughter walked at eight months and I was so impressed, but I think she'll probably keep that record!

A’s is a week from Friday. I can’t believe it. Doing my in/out picture on Sunday since he’ll be 38w2d.

He’s been in his helmet for a week and it’s already starting to correct his flat side.

He’s just a hilarious love bug. He was in the hospital with pneumonia for a week a couple weeks ago. A few of my coworkers had it as well. That was really hard on all fronts. He hasn’t seen his dad since then because he just doesn’t schedule his visitation or pay his child support. Just tired of the paperwork and the abuse and court. Like how has it been a court hearing every month for 5 months and nothing is done?! Whatever I feel like I see the end of the tunnel

Oh no @ the pneumonia. Glad he's doing better. And it sucks that his dad is still a piece of human garbage. Here's hoping things get resolved soon and you can move on with your life.

So, Alex is getting better at pulling up on BD and me, but he'll only stand holding onto a couch or table if we put him there first. He doesn't crawl; just does the army pull thing. I read recently that 15% of babies never crawl and it shouldn't be considered an official milestone, so that makes me feel a little better. Still terrible at taking naps. These days I try to take him for a walk during his first "nap time" (noon-ish) and he'll usually pass out in the stroller. Or I'll lay him in his swing after he's fallen asleep and pray he'll stay out for like 30 mins.

My mom just took off to Japan for 3 weeks and he was a fussy pants all day. He had a bit of a fever for a couple nights, but that seems to be all better. He's been refusing food here and there and is clingy af. If he can't see me, he squeals. Oh well, when he's a teenager and telling me he hates me, I'll just look back on these times and remember when he couldn't get enough of me. lol

I just turned 30 last week, and now that my BDay is over, it's time to start planning his. I'm like 80% sure I wanna have a beach/splish splash theme for him. One of the perks of having a summer BDay. I just hope the weather cooperates. And I wanna at least make his smash cake. I made my own BDay cake and I think it turned out well. lol

Attachments

• 29871774_10155629361853095_3441740967498668017_o.jpg
    29871774_10155629361853095_3441740967498668017_o.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 30571347_10155636681958095_5451252990951178851_n.jpg
    30571347_10155636681958095_5451252990951178851_n.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2
  • 30581370_10155636681998095_2938435709378448552_n.jpg
    30581370_10155636681998095_2938435709378448552_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
Yeah it sucks but just 42 more school days and I can keep him home and away from daycare germs

Funny cake. Happy belated birthday! I’m also thinking a smash cakes. Right now his theme is Pokémon but only because Black Panther was a non option, though I may have them do avengers and just bring black panther stuff. Idk but definitely going smash pictures and a smash cake. Just annoying because i’ll Need an adult cake, a smash cake, and a baby cake. To each their own, but i can’t give A regular cake

A has hit yhat clingy stage too and I love it for just that reason but it is so exhausting hah. He’s pretty average with milestones. The only thing i’m elated about is he is really getting his book handling skills down. He holds the book and helps me turn the pages, and he was flipping through a book at daycare. So the teacher in me is like go boo go! But he has this odd draw to my phone and iPad though I never let him use it. It’s Weird

Pretty Alex is adorable!!! Heis mobility will probably take off soon. V started rolling around, then army crawl, then full on crawling. Pulling herself up and doing a small bit of cruising. It too her forever to roll belly to back though. They all go their own pace but true some skip crawling.

Happy belated birthday!! Mine was Friday the 13th (last week) and I also turned 30 :)

Dobby I need to start getting her party stuff! Almost a month away for me.

V is doing great! Well other than being sick right now but she hardly acts sick. She is so tall! I have a feeling she'll be taller than me. I'm like 5'8" or 9".

Life is going well. I'm going from part time to full time but will be an educator at my work. No more nights or holidays :) so excited aboit this opportunity!

A had his 9 month. Nothing much. He’s bounced back from his weight loss and is 18lbs, so back up to 22nd percentile. His length is 28 in but I think she measured wrong because that’s a huge growth spurt but he is in 12m pants now so maybe. Ex didn’t show and didn’t respond to my email. He also tried to threaten to take custody away on Tuesday yet ko and behold he never scheduled a visit today making weekend 5. Such a tool.

Happy belated to you as well, Flueky. :)

Weight: 9.10kg/20lbs 1oz (57%)
Length: 73cm/28.75in (66%)
Head circumference: 47cm (94%)
And we got 2 more teeth coming in.

Attachments

• 31172035_10155662922038095_6170369749245199210_n.jpg
    31172035_10155662922038095_6170369749245199210_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 31195550_10155662922128095_7997550172012397954_n.jpg
    31195550_10155662922128095_7997550172012397954_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 31229312_10155662922193095_192766937013042949_n.jpg
    31229312_10155662922193095_192766937013042949_n.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
Aww look at his teeth! Sounds like he is growing well! Sorry totally thought I posted sooner

Fluek four letters antm

Just thought I'd check in. We are officially ttc again. I have a Vit D deficiency and I wonder if that played a role in taking awhileto conceive v.

She had her 12month check up. She weighs 24 lb 3 oz, 307/8in tall. All her measurements are in 90th percentiles. It's shocking since she was 5 weeks early. She's progressing well with her milestones too. Anyways, hope everyone andtheir babies are well :)

We're all good. It's hot af here right now. BD took a week off, so we spent a few days at an airbnb cottage with my friend and her family, visited my MIL for a couple days, and now we're just enjoying what's left of the long weekend. Then it'll be time to start prepping for Alex's BDay, take him to visit his daycare, so he gets used to the other babies and caretakers, and then he'll be one and it'll be back to work for me. :(

Also, it took 11 months, but I finally got a pic of just the 3 of us. Well, 4, if you count my chins. lol. Apparently I didn't get the "no smiling" memo.

Attachments

• IMG_20180618_1502056.jpg
    IMG_20180618_1502056.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20180617_1656220.jpg
    IMG_20180617_1656220.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1530040765855.jpg
    FB_IMG_1530040765855.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
Dad is doing everything to drain my finances and avoid paying child support, but he is back on supervised visits. I have had several police departments and CPS say I need full custody. So hopefully the legal system clues in soon.

I’m battling the stress as best I can, but I broke down in the bathroom last night. Not like full on just a few tears. But that’s a lot to me. I’m good at a brave face.

And I get shit everywhere from everyone, from family to strangers, about A’s development. I know he isn’t mentally delayed. I can tell from the logic he shows and interest in observing, but physically. His pincer grasp is still in the works, which makes self feeding a challenge. His tongue thrust is still major, so what little gets in his mouth gets pushed out. He tries to keep it in, but it doesn’t happen 96% of the time. He will chew and swallow food you put in for him if it’s in a good position in his cheeks or on his tongue. He pulls up and crawls with ease, will walk with a walker of along furniture but standing/walking without support eludes us. I will say I am thrilled he stretched and chunked out. I wouldn’t peg him as SGA/5 lbs at birth. And he will be out of his helmet next week! :)

But he is a good kid. Well behaved at restaurants. Fun. Cute. Stair beast. Flew up an entire flight of stairs the first time he saw them. Drinks from rimless cups and straws. Definite momma’s boy. Loves aquariums and dancing to music. Claps. High fives. Blows kisses/kisses. Starting to share food/his paci.

Attachments

• 7C45B307-CFD0-4C71-B241-073FFC70027E.jpg
    7C45B307-CFD0-4C71-B241-073FFC70027E.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
Dobby, I'm so sorry. I hope things get easier and that your ex pulls his own weight or at least makes things less stressful for you. As for development, it sounds like A is doing just fine. It's hard to deal with negative comments but you know he's doing well, your doctor knows he's doing well, that's all that matters.

All these photos are beautiful! Such sweet faces! Best of luck to all of you in TTC mode again, I hope you have BFPs very soon.

My biggest concern with A is still his size. He's near the VERY bottom of the chart for height, not much better for weight. I struggle with feeling guilty or like I'm doing something wrong. He still mostly wears nine-month outfits!

I have a friend with a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old who are only ONE pound different in weight, so I know sometimes it just happens that way. But it's still hard not to feel self-conscious or guilty.

The good news is A has a healthy appetite, loves to feed himself, tries a huge variety of foods, so I know he's getting good nutrition, even if he's genetically tiny. He stands, walks a little bit, says peekaboo and uh-oh and bye-bye, etc. He's a mellow baby too, really sweet and curious.

Our family is moving to a different state at the end of the month! It will be great to live near family and not have to be doing this solo for the first time in five years, but it's also a little intimidating. We did buy our first house too: scary/cool. Wish us luck!

Hey gag! DD is fabulous and soon to become a big sister! We're thrilled. She's taking her first steps, not quite what Is call walking but she's so close. She loves kitties and meows all the time, even in her sleep. I'd love to hear how you're doing too!

I started a reply yesterday too but the site twitched out and I lost it so here is the short version.

Pink, I love your family photo! We have a hard time getting together for them to so they are really something I treasure.

Dobby, A sounds like he's doing fantastic. Baby's don't follow a Dr's timeline so I don't think it's anything to worry about. Keep an eye on things and trust your mama gut. Also, I'm sorry your ex is giving you such a hard time. My DS's father put me through the wringer too but those stresses are so far gone now I can hardly remember. You're strong and will get through it. ((Hugs))

And congrats again Fleuky!!

How embarrasing I posted and forgot to reply!!

Pretty I love his overalls!! I also like the blue hair. I should have dyed mine a funky color on my leave as I cannot normally due to work dress code.

Dobby I just love his hair :) as for the rest, I've kept up with you on gen. Chatter.

Second they all grow at their own pace and some are just meant to be smaller.

Hope you are settling into your new home. How exciting!!

Gag, we are doing well. V is nearly running and is picking up a bit with her speech. She's a tall girl, but she's meant to be tall. Eating well and broke from the pacifier.

I'm exhausted, but hoping it'll get better as I'm getting closer to 2nd tri.

How are you and P? Any plans to ttc soon??

Weebles I almost posted to tell you to test but you did!! Ah so happy for you!! I do hope you make it to term this time. I'm sure they will talk about makena shots with you.

Thats so cute she meows in her sleep :) :)

So seems there are 3 from this group expecting:leson, weebles, and myself. Anyone going to ttc soon??

Fleuky, have you started talking to V about being a big sister? I don't want D to be surprised or feel replaced but they're so little I'm not sure how much she'll understand. I found a book that looks cute on Amazon and the older baby in the pictures looks kind of like her so I'm waiting for that to arrive.

Weebles I have not sure on her comprehension but I figure it's best to talk about. Oh a book is a good idea! I think I read something about showing them their baby pics to try to help their comprehension

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->