Midwife cant find heartbeat either :(

Yep fingers crossed for you. I have read threads on here where the midwife has struggled to find a heartbeat at 16 weeks so please keep positive.

Good luck tomorrow :)

Thinking of you for your scan. Hope all is well.

Oh no.. I've only just came on on and seen this.. Hope everything goes ok tomorrow.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. Although 16 weeks can still be a little early .. I'm sure everythings ok.. Please update us in the morning :hugs:

xxx

i remember when i went in to listen to the heartbeat at 14 weeks and was told it could be very hard to hear the heartbeat at this stage and if i couldnt then not to worry. We are all hoping for the best hun

They wouldn't even attempt to find the heartbeat until 16 weeks for me.

I'm thinking of you.

I'm sorry your MW has told you to prepare for the worst, I really really hope she's wrong. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow :hugs: xx

*hugs*
hope baby's just hiding away in there & surprises you tomorrow morning :)
xx

Good Luck for tomorrow, I've got everything crossed for you!

I'm very sorry to hear about what happenned to you today and the huge worry you're going through at the moment:hugs:

At my 15 week appointment the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat, and searched for AGES and looked quite worried, she took me straight away for an emergency scan and I prepared myself for the worst cos I have had a previous miscarriage, the scan showed that my little bean was upside down and tucked right into my pelvis, with a good strong heartbeat!:hugs:

I can't imagine what you must be going through now, just wanted to send you big hugs:hugs:and let you know that although it's very hard (I found the 30 minute wait for an emergency scan very difficult :( ) you shouldn't always expect the worst. My friend told me that some midwives often aren't worried if they can't find the heartbeat before 20 weeks, obviously practice varies a lot depending on where you live though.

Good luck and big :hugs:for tommorrow! x

I'm really sorry to hear this! I hope that (like some of the other ladies have said), the baby is just in a funny position making the heartbeat harder to find. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!

All the very best for your scan. You have a heap of people here supporting you and hoping that your baby is just playing hide and seek.
XXX

I can't believe your midwife said that to you! It's totally normal not to be able to hear that heartbeat at that gestation! That's why they aren't keen on checking till after your 16 week appointment! At 16 weeks I asked if we could try to hear it and she made me promise not to freak out if we couldn't because it's normal not to hear it until later! I hope your scan goes well tomorrow I'm sure everything is ok! Hope you can relax a bit until then Big hugs!

That's what I thought!

Fingers crossed for you sweetie. I hope everything is ok, i am sure it will be and lil one is just in an awkward position my lil one was tucked away behind my pelvis and MW nearly missed it when we listened in at 18 weeks..... so you never know. Don't lose hope. Jx

all the best for 2morrow chick... i will be thinking of u mwahh x xx

My midwife wouldn't listen to heartbeat at my week check as she said dopplers aren't reliable enough at that stage even though i'd been listening to it at home on my doppler for weeks. Please don't worry yourself sick all night honey, just wait and see. All the luck in the world x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->