midwife not so helpful.. =/

ImABeeMummy

Mummy, Daddy and Logan <3
Reaction score
okay so today I had to go to see the diabetic team and the consultant and midwife,
it was a total waste of time!!
since being diagnosed with GD, they have moved all my appointments to the hospital where I will be giving birth
Normally I just walk to the midwife clinic (litterally 10 mins away)
but now I have to pay stupid bus prices and travel half an hour.

I got there, it was so unorganised, very very busy and very loud!!
I was half an hour late to be seen, even tho I got there early
When they saw me, they filled in my notes and hardly spoke to me
Did all the measurements and didnt tell me if they were good or bad
my urine had summet in it but they didnt even tlk to me about that

and the diabetic team just looked at my booklet said ''yeah fine'' and let me go! I was waiting another hour for that!!

Its really made me worry about giving birth there, They just dont seem to really care?!
Plus my OH had to work today so I had to go all on my own, it was horrible.

I just wish that I could see my other midwives instead :(

I know how you feel....except I have to travel nearly 2 hours by bus to my hospital as I live in rural area in Devon! I have had Gestational diabetes in the past with my previous pregnancies and I also have other problems, I have to go every 2 weeks!

^^^^thats 2 hours each way!! I have to get the 6.55 bus there as they always book me in early, I have explained my problems getting there to them but they dont care

I am high risk but dont know about gd yet due to be tested on 8 feb for that as well as have another growth scan etc and see my consultant.
Even though I am high risk I still get to see my mw either side of my consultant and have been told if I want to see my mw more frequently then I can.
I wouldnt take it as pat that you only go to the hospital for yr prenatal care, yr gps practice and that includes yr local mw are there for yr care and babies.
I would book an appointment right now, big hug coming yr way till you sort it out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->