Misery loves company. The thread of negativity.

Dmom the one's I'm getting are silicone (I think...)...the surgeon cut one open to show me that they can't leak. I've heard horror stories about silicone implants but I guess if they can't leak that's good. What do they use in the US? Saline? I think I'd be happier with saline but I didn't get a choice lol.

Dmom the one's I'm getting are silicone (I think...)...the surgeon cut one open to show me that they can't leak. I've heard horror stories about silicone implants but I guess if they can't leak that's good. What do they use in the US? Saline? I think I'd be happier with saline but I didn't get a choice lol.

I do believe that saline is the more popular; for awhile, you couldn't get silicone in the US...maybe you can now?

When I first looked at getting my boobs done, I preferred the feel of silicone, just bc they don't seem to 'flop' to the sides like saline, lol.

From the little research I have done, saline could leak, but the body absorbs the fluid...I think saline sit up higher too and take a little longer to settle in, lol.

I do believe that saline is the more popular; for awhile, you couldn't get silicone in the US...maybe you can now?

When I first looked at getting my boobs done, I preferred the feel of silicone, just bc they don't seem to 'flop' to the sides like saline, lol.

From the little research I have done, saline could leak, but the body absorbs the fluid...I think saline sit up higher too and take a little longer to settle in, lol.

Lol, that's good to know that my little silicone boobies won't be a-flopping :thumbup:. At my age I need all the help I can get! I do remember stories of silicone boobs exploding on planes (in flight entertainment?) but I'm guessing they're much improved by now? I've seen some really great ones and some not so great ones and I'm hoping mine will be the former. They'll never look 'normal' but as long as I can buy a bra without it needing prosthesis pockets and looking like something someone twice my age should be wearing I'll be happy :happydance:.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Do what I did...go to a strip club and look at the goods; when you see something you like, ask what they're made of, lol.:haha:

OK just when I think I have heard everything....

I almost screamed when I read your post!

No I havn't been! :wacko:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Do what I did...go to a strip club and look at the goods; when you see something you like, ask what they're made of, lol.:haha:

Love it. That's how I find a good hair stylist in a new city. I go to a titty bar and ask where they get their CFM hairdo done.

Or I ask someone in the supermarket or wherever when I see hair I like.

(One of those is true. Probably the second one since I haven't been in a titty bar for years.)

I need CFM hair, lol.

I'm getting old...need to shake it up a little! :happydance:

OMG I had no idea we were talking boobs on this thread!!!
I know a lot about plastic surgery as I do marketing for plastic surgeons so if you have any questions ask away!!

please dont get worried about the horror stories about silicone implants....the new generation of implants are much superior and the new gummy bear technology means its practically impossible for them to leak. Saline implants that were approved for years had a silicone shell, but people never really mention that part. So the new gummy silicones are really a great choice for most people seak augmentation :thumbup:

Silicone would be my first choice...I also want to go through my navel, but that seems to raise the price and the time it takes to heal...

I think silicone was recently approved down there the same time as it was in canada. silicone definitely feels better for the majority of women (as the majority have no breast tissue and often low body fat). but salines can feel really real too if you had some breast tissue to begin with and have a normal percentage of body fat. salines are not popular anymore though, silicones will last longer.

I cant stand how the media portrays implants and the women who get them. it couldnt be further from the truth. people are accepting of women who lose their breasts to cancer and want to restore them, and rightly so. but a woman who loses breast tissue from pregnancy/breast feeding or someone who never develops breast tissue...those people are treated like they are vain. the media only talks about people who have obvious implants like pamela anderson but there are thousands of amazing jobs you would never know about....halle berry and the model giselle I think have them and look amazing! implants are supposed to look and feel real, not like big giant balls.

sorry, dont get me taking about boobs :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->