MMR 12 months & cold straight after jabs

dacosta

Reaction score
Hi all;

My lo had her 12 month MMR with the three injections in one go yesterday with no symptoms of a cold. She was fine after the jabs, but last night she was restless and I noticed she had a running nose. This morning she has a full blown cold.

I'm a bit worried as her poor immune system will be working in overdrive with the jabs let alone a cold; has anyone had a similar experience?

She's eaten her breakfast and is drinking, so that's good, but she's got a temperature. I've tried to get some calprofen down her but she's not having any of it.

Just wondered if anyones lo's had had a cold after the jabs and how it effected them?

Could it be the jabs that have caused her 'cold'..I know my friends LO had the jabs a week or 2 back and he had the same symptoms for a few days after having them..x

it's possible i guess; but she's very snotty and sneezing a lot so it's definitely a full blown cold. Poor little mite.

I'll go and google it and see what comes back.

Izzy does always get a cold after her jabs x

Izzy does always get a cold after her jabs x

Really? That makes me feel a bit better.

Nothing on Googling it; just says about normal possible reactions - no mention of colds.

My LO and one that I mind both got colds after their MMR jabs too. Like you said, I think their systems are working overdrive (the MMR jab is a live, albeit weakened, virus combo afterall) and even a slight cold might affect them differently at that time. Hope your LO is feeling better soon :flower:

The MMR is a live vaccine so it wouldnt be that as symptoms take around 5-7 days to come out I think the other injection is the PCV which is what it could be. But it also could just be timing..

thanks; my lo is still suffering but she's doing ok and it just seems to be a cold at the moment which is good. thankfully the jabs and the cold together don't seem to be doing any more damage than normal. we all had swine flu before xmas so i was a bit concerned it might be that again, but she seems happy enough in herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->