MMR

Kenny had his MMR done at 12 months as recommended. No question about it whatsoever.

Personally, I don't believe the MMR is linked to autism in any way shape or form. Basically a doctor "proved" that the MMR caused autism and a few years after they found out he was lying and that he had no proof whatsoever that the MMR caused autism. I can understand parents frustration when their children have autism, but I don't think it's to blame the MMR vaccine. I think it's quite sad when the MMR vaccine isn't administered because measles, mumps and rubella are all horrible problems that can be fatal.

One thing I would like to add for your ladies is that the MMR vaccination used to have a compound called "thimerosal" in is which is a mercury containing compound....they have since removed this. Now, there are MANY MANY debates on MMR leading to autism. They have not admitted this BUT the thimerosal could have been the cause of autism- They are still researching this.

IMO, as a medical assistant student, each child should be immunized as following the proper schedule. Your child risk of getting an infection and/or disease is decreased a large amount when immunized.

I think this was mentioned but here is some info for you:

Diptheria (the disease) can cause breathing problems, paralysis, heart failure and death. Tetanus can cause paralysis of jaw (aka lock jaw), pertussis causes whooping cough and can cause brain damage. Vaccines for this ae DTap, DT & Td

Vaccine (IPV) Disease- Poliomyelitis- this disease causes paralysis of skeletal muscles

Hib- Disease- Meningitis, pneumonia, epiglottitis, and pericarditis- can cause bacterial meningitis, septicemia, and death

HBV- Hepatitis B can cause anorexia, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, liver damage, cancer, and death

and the list goes on and on...if you want info on other vaccinations i'm sure i know it as we just covered alllll this in class. I feel like it never leaves me now haha

One thing I would like to add for your ladies is that the MMR vaccination used to have a compound called "thimerosal" in is which is a mercury containing compound....they have since removed this. Now, there are MANY MANY debates on MMR leading to autism. They have not admitted this BUT the thimerosal could have been the cause of autism- They are still researching this.

IMO, as a medical assistant student, each child should be immunized as following the proper schedule. Your child risk of getting an infection and/or disease is decreased a large amount when immunized.

Diptheria (the disease) can cause breathing problems, paralysis, heart failure and death. Tetanus can cause paralysis of jaw (aka lock jaw), pertussis causes whooping cough and can cause brain damage. Vaccines for this ae DTap, DT & Td

Vaccine (IPV) Disease- Poliomyelitis- this disease causes paralysis of skeletal muscles

Hib- Disease- Meningitis, pneumonia, epiglottitis, and pericarditis- can cause bacterial meningitis, septicemia, and death

HBV- Hepatitis B can cause anorexia, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, liver damage, cancer, and death

and the list goes on and on...if you want info on other vaccinations i'm sure i know it as we just covered alllll this in class. I feel like it never leaves me now haha

you smart cookie, you :winkwink::haha:

you smart cookie, you :winkwink::haha:

haha you shush you!!! Just trying to be helpfuuullll!! :kiss:

My son is not vaccinated and will not be vaccinated until he can make the choice for himself. I do not believe in herd immunity so it is pointless.

My son is not vaccinated and will not be vaccinated until he can make the choice for himself. I do not believe in herd immunity so it is pointless.

And there are lots of people who take this route as well. We all have our own beliefs and need to respect each and every one :flower:

And there are lots of people who take this route as well. We all have our own beliefs and need to respect each and every one :flower:

I agree. I think if you are unsure on vaccinations then seperating them and creating a slower vaccine schedule is a good alternative.

All children should have a full medical examination before starting a vaccination program as there are many contratinications that esp the MMR has.

my son didnt have this and was given his MMR at the expected time and had a serious and lifelong reaction to it. All proved by hospital tests!

The manufacturers have a huge list of contratinications where a child should NOT recieve the MMR but i was never asked any questions.

x

This is what i mean, why would a priminister not pratice what he preached? At the end of the day, althought the goverment is adamant there is no link.. Ill spend my £350 and get them seperate, not just for what i think is best but also for piece of mind! If in years to come it turns out there is a link.. £350 well spent! If the seperate jabs wernt available, Riley would not be having the MMR atall.

The man who originally "proved the link" was struck off and disproved. :thumbup: unfortunately his lies have stuck to the MMR vaccine. As long as the child gets the jab seperate or not, IMO its a wise decision. Smallpox was wiped out in this country thanks to a vaccine :thumbup: if that doesn't show the positives of vaccinating i don't know what does.

go look on the JABS website. you'll see many reasons why people choose not to vaccinate and its not just tje autism link.

children HAVE died as a result of having the MMR

I am in bed now typing on my mobile but will come back to this tomorrow as to why singles are better than all in 1.

I don't doubt the effectiveness of single jabs, I've never ever said anything to that effect! What I have said is that they're only avaliable privately, and ofr some people that isn't an option, and I will add that the single mumps jab is no longer avaliable.
What I am talking about is the benefits of MMR vs no jab at all...
I've also had a skim of jabs, but I have to say it seems quite focussed on the whole mercury thing - mercury is no longer used in vaccine preservatives? Unless it's used in processing, in which case I'm pretty sure it could be in the single jabs too?
the mumps must still be available, riley is booked in for measels, mumps and rubella..

Laila had hers I personally think it's important for her to be injected against stuff and see also see it as protecting my child. I delayed it a couple of months though because it seemed like alot to be injecting and plus at 12 months she had a rotton cold so wanted to make sure she was over it so she was around 15 months when she had it.

LO had them, to me the pro's outweighed the cons. he was absoloutly fine as was everyones else's baby i know who had it.

LO had them, to me the pro's outweighed the cons. he was absoloutly fine as was everyones else's baby i know who had it.

i thought this too as my eldest had it with no problem
however my sons father's family have a long list of inherited illnesses NONE of which my son suffers from yet the manufactures guidelines state he should NOT have had it, and unfortunatly he will have to live with the results of a decision i took.

I dont dispute that vaccines may be say, but you also have to accept that they may not be safe, when you consider that you are injection embryo cells, formaldhide etc into your precious child.

all i ask is that people are made FULLY aware of the risks then make an informed decision for their own child, and not be pushed into it for the greater good (herd immunity)

:thumbup:

Heard immunity is a myth anyway :winkwink:

The herd immunity theory was originally coined in 1933 by a researcher called Hedrich. He had been studying measles patterns in the US between 1900-1931 (years before any vaccine was ever invented for measles) and he observed that epidemics of the illness only occurred when less than 68% of children had developed a natural immunity to it. This was based upon the principle that children build their own immunity after suffering with or being exposed to the disease. So the herd immunity theory was, in fact, about natural disease processes and nothing to do with vaccination. If 68% of the population were allowed to build their own natural defences, there would be no raging epidemic.
Later on, vaccinologists adopted the phrase and increased the figure from 68% to 95% with no scientific justification as to why, and then stated that there had to be 95% vaccine coverage to achieve immunity. Essentially, they took Hedrich’s study and manipulated it to promote their vaccination programmes.

Also another thing, the government will never admit it if there is a link, they would be sued for millions of pounds! My mum is a teaching assistant in a class of 4 year olds.. They had a doctor come in to asses a boy for autism.. They were sure he had it and then he said.. 'and i can actually see 5 other kids with autistic trates' that was last year.. 6 kids out of a class of 30. She reckons shes spotted another 5 already this year.. Seems all a bit too wierd, that autism is becoming SO common..

The man who originally "proved the link" was struck off and disproved. :thumbup: unfortunately his lies have stuck to the MMR vaccine. As long as the child gets the jab seperate or not, IMO its a wise decision. Smallpox was wiped out in this country thanks to a vaccine :thumbup: if that doesn't show the positives of vaccinating i don't know what does.

Dr Wakefield still works in America,

As for smallpox did you know that the vaccine was BANNED UNDER THREAT OF IMPRISONMENT in 1840 due to the needless suffering and death it caused.

We no longer die in such great numbers because of the marvellous invention of the indoor flushing toilet, adequate food for everyone (for the first time in history), heating, decent housing and contraception. Contraception has ensured that most women only have 2 or 3 children, as opposed to 15 or 20, and so she is more able to bear a healthy child if she can take care of herself and her child, and not subject herself to numerous pregnancies, added to excellent medical technology to treat complications.

:hug:

Oh my god. Ticking.clock, you are skewing facts, horrendously!
The smallpox vaccine was banned, yes, but that was using LIVE SMALLPOX, the vaccine created by Edward Jenner was considerably safer and HAS eradicated smallpox everywhere in the world, you can claim better sanitation till you're blue in the face but the fact is there hasn't been a natural case of smallpox since the World health organisation completed a campaign of vaccination between the 60s and 70s, and only one laboratory acquired incident since then.
Also, herd immunity is not a myth - you state in your post that naturally occurring herd immunity exists, so you've ust contradicted yourself? If you are claiming that it's a phrase that's been coined by people who want you to vaccinate, should you not be telling us that the public perception is flawed rather than talking yourself in circles?
And 'injecting embryo cells', that old chestnut. There are no embryonic cells actually present in the vaccine! Yes, cell lines from 3 medically indicated abortions are used in the development of vaccines, but the vaccines are purified of cell material before they are administered. The individual vaccines will also be grown in cell culture, although it may be another animal, I'd have to check. As for heavy metals, as someone else said, you'd get more heavy metals in the diet than in a vaccination, so unless all these children are having adverse reactions to tuna I'd find this questionable...

This is what i mean, why would a priminister not pratice what he preached? At the end of the day, althought the goverment is adamant there is no link.. Ill spend my £350 and get them seperate, not just for what i think is best but also for piece of mind! If in years to come it turns out there is a link.. £350 well spent! If the seperate jabs wernt available, Riley would not be having the MMR atall.

go look on the JABS website. you'll see many reasons why people choose not to vaccinate and its not just tje autism link.

children HAVE died as a result of having the MMR

I am in bed now typing on my mobile but will come back to this tomorrow as to why singles are better than all in 1.

I don't doubt the effectiveness of single jabs, I've never ever said anything to that effect! What I have said is that they're only avaliable privately, and ofr some people that isn't an option, and I will add that the single mumps jab is no longer avaliable.
What I am talking about is the benefits of MMR vs no jab at all...
I've also had a skim of jabs, but I have to say it seems quite focussed on the whole mercury thing - mercury is no longer used in vaccine preservatives? Unless it's used in processing, in which case I'm pretty sure it could be in the single jabs too?
the mumps must still be available, riley is booked in for measels, mumps and rubella..

Sorry, I was told Merck had stopped producing it :shrug: obviously I was wrong

I had been told the individual jabs weren't available not even privately. Is it different areas perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->