MMR

You certainly can't get them from my GP.

And yes, herd immunity is taken out of context, but as a student all I was taught about herd immunity was that it meant that those with immunity provided protection for those without...none of these arbitrary figures. So surely if that can be obtained through vaccination rather than exposing our children to disease that's a good thing? And I will reiterate that it's not a myth!

yes BUT
that means only 68% of the population need to be vaccinated not 95% as per government guidelines :thumbup:

The man who originally "proved the link" was struck off and disproved. :thumbup: unfortunately his lies have stuck to the MMR vaccine. As long as the child gets the jab seperate or not, IMO its a wise decision. Smallpox was wiped out in this country thanks to a vaccine :thumbup: if that doesn't show the positives of vaccinating i don't know what does.

Dr Wakefield still works in America,

As for smallpox did you know that the vaccine was BANNED UNDER THREAT OF IMPRISONMENT in 1840 due to the needless suffering and death it caused.

We no longer die in such great numbers because of the marvellous invention of the indoor flushing toilet, adequate food for everyone (for the first time in history), heating, decent housing and contraception. Contraception has ensured that most women only have 2 or 3 children, as opposed to 15 or 20, and so she is more able to bear a healthy child if she can take care of herself and her child, and not subject herself to numerous pregnancies, added to excellent medical technology to treat complications.

:hug:

As has been said Smallpox has been eradicated, this is still a positive for vaccination.

Obviously there are cases where things will and do go wrong, but its a small percentage and yes it is horrible but i still would rather take that risk and i genuinely believe its the right thing to do.

As for Tony Blair, yes he had it done seperately but its importent to note, he still had it done for Leo :)

Obviously we all have different strong opinions so i guess its each to their own :)

I believe there is no right or wrong way. I do believe the only wrong thing a person can do is blindly vaccinate or not vaccinate withour actually educatinf themselves, and just trusting without any knowledge as to what the are agreeing to.

It has been shown that every single vaccination given has always been given upon the DECLINE of massive epidemics. Always. Throughout history. They are always introduced as the polls show there are drastically less cases anyways. People say, thank god for the shots, they stopped it!!! When in truth it has just taken its course, lol.

Personally, I also look at vaccines this way. It is a business. A fear based business. Herd immunity fits nicely into scaring and bullying parents into immunizing their children for a good profit. Controlling the masses is important, in a very grand scheme. I am not saying the doctors are cackling in their offices, but even higher up than them. There are people profitting by the billions.

Can you tell me where you found that epidemics always decline before mass vaccination? I'd like to read that...

Let me dig up the charts. I actually have a load of official charts on a link somewhere. Give me a moment!!! It is quite horrifying.

Here are some very compelling graphs.
https://genesgreenbook.com/resources/obamsawin/ImmunizationGraphs-RO2009.pdf

Here is where this PDF came from:
https://genesgreenbook.com/content/proof-vaccines-didnt-save-us

Oh as a side note... Those graphs are completely unbiased. They are based completely on fact and history. This also covers infant mortality rates, etc etc, later on.

Personally, I also look at vaccines this way. It is a business. A fear based business. Herd immunity fits nicely into scaring and bullying parents into immunizing their children for a good profit. Controlling the masses is important, in a very grand scheme. I am not saying the doctors are cackling in their offices, but even higher up than them. There are people profitting by the billions.

If the Government was really going as far as to try and control us via injections it would be LAW that we had to have them and not something we could make decisions about. After years studying Nazi history i really feel that that is a nation that was controlled by those in power, not the UK and certainly not America. Of course there are people profiting but i must say, in the UK our healthcare is free so when we have these immunisations we aren't exactly funding the lives of the aristocracy. I feel its wrong to base a vaccination decision on this and feel that the decision for MMR should be based on fact.

If the Government was really going as far as to try and control us via injections it would be LAW that we had to have them and not something we could make decisions about. After years studying Nazi history i really feel that that is a nation that was controlled by those in power, not the UK and certainly not America. Of course there are people profiting but i must say, in the UK our healthcare is free so when we have these immunisations we aren't exactly funding the lives of the aristocracy. I feel its wrong to base a vaccination decision on this and feel that the decision for MMR should be based on fact.

yes the decision to vaccinate or not should be based on fact, but those who we should trust dont tell us the facts unless you really push for it.

and sadly, in the case of the MMR it is there as a result of the manufactures wanting to save money, the single vaccines were doing a grand job of protecting the population, they were conbined to "cut costs" or a better way to see it is to make the developers more money.

NOTHING in life is free :thumbup:

No I don't think I have ever heard it :/.
I have heard that if it's giving before 15 months or something it is less effective :S. I really don't know what to believe :(

Really? My LO still hasnt had any of his becuase of antibiotics. Its all so confusing, some people thing im mad for getting them done seperatley but its down to the parents decision for thier child. I dont have anything against a child having the triple, but after seeing my sister grow up with asperges (a form of austism) i cannot risk that for riley so thats why i have chosen it:flower::flower::flower:
Why does having them separately dispel the risk of autism? Surely if something in one of the vaccines was gonna 'cause' it (which I personally don't believe) it would do anyway even if given separately? x

Also another thing, the government will never admit it if there is a link, they would be sued for millions of pounds! My mum is a teaching assistant in a class of 4 year olds.. They had a doctor come in to asses a boy for autism.. They were sure he had it and then he said.. 'and i can actually see 5 other kids with autistic trates' that was last year.. 6 kids out of a class of 30. She reckons shes spotted another 5 already this year.. Seems all a bit too wierd, that autism is becoming SO common..
Or just that it's becoming more well-known. My mum tried for 6 years to get a diagnosis for my brother, doctors refused to diagnose him they said it was too soon to tell or they couldn't definitively say but she knew he had autism and eventually they admitted he did. Now they're diagnosing as young as 2 if i'm right? He's almost 22 now btw.

Noah had his MMR. Autism over measles, mumps or rubella any day. I would never forgive myself if he caught one of those and died from a complication, but I WOULD forgive myself if he died from a complication of having the vaccine (God forbid) because it was what I believed was the right choice at the time (and still do) in protecting him the best I can. I didn't know separating them was an option tbh but even if I had known I wouldn't have done because I don't have that kind of money.

Noah had his MMR. Autism over measles, mumps or rubella any day. I would never forgive myself if he caught one of those and died from a complication, but I WOULD forgive myself if he died from a complication of having the vaccine (God forbid) because it was what I believed was the right choice at the time (and still do) in protecting him the best I can. I didn't know separating them was an option tbh but even if I had known I wouldn't have done because I don't have that kind of money.

i can assure you, regardless of what you chose, if either of these things happen you WOULD feel guilty

i do, esp when my son asks me why i allowed him to be given an injection that has caused him lifelong illnesses :nope:

in reality it is a catch 22 situation

this :thumbup:

Fair enough. That s exactly how the choice to immunize should be made imo. Pros versus cons, what could you, as a mother, live with? Either way there is no gaurrentee. For myself, I could live with myself knowing he caught something naturally than him dying or getting very very ill from an immunization I okay'd.

i'd rather her pass and me have done everything i could to prevent it than for her to pass because i didn't do anything to save her.

I can't imagine not getting my LO his shots. :nope:

It would break my heart to know he caught a disease that would've never happened had I given him his injections.

No I don't think I have ever heard it :/.
I have heard that if it's giving before 15 months or something it is less effective :S. I really don't know what to believe :(

Really? My LO still hasnt had any of his becuase of antibiotics. Its all so confusing, some people thing im mad for getting them done seperatley but its down to the parents decision for thier child. I dont have anything against a child having the triple, but after seeing my sister grow up with asperges (a form of austism) i cannot risk that for riley so thats why i have chosen it:flower::flower::flower:
Why does having them separately dispel the risk of autism? Surely if something in one of the vaccines was gonna 'cause' it (which I personally don't believe) it would do anyway even if given separately? x

Also another thing, the government will never admit it if there is a link, they would be sued for millions of pounds! My mum is a teaching assistant in a class of 4 year olds.. They had a doctor come in to asses a boy for autism.. They were sure he had it and then he said.. 'and i can actually see 5 other kids with autistic trates' that was last year.. 6 kids out of a class of 30. She reckons shes spotted another 5 already this year.. Seems all a bit too wierd, that autism is becoming SO common..
Or just that it's becoming more well-known. My mum tried for 6 years to get a diagnosis for my brother, doctors refused to diagnose him they said it was too soon to tell or they couldn't definitively say but she knew he had autism and eventually they admitted he did. Now they're diagnosing as young as 2 if i'm right? He's almost 22 now btw.

The speculation is about the fact they are given all together, which is supposedly the link to autism. Someone said above that they used to be seperate, until they grouped them together to 'save money' which is ridiculous, they should not cause such risks just to save on a bit of money!! These are peoples LIVES!

Every parent is entitled to thier own views and beliefs on things, so if people are happy for the triple, get them seperate or not atall - fine. But ive chosen the seperate for Riley, if the money is there i will take the opportunity. £300 of the money i am paying has been sitting in my bank account, is actually from the £500 maternity grant i recieved - thats how strongly i feel about it.

The illnesses are so rare, yet the autism is so rife..

i'll get them done seperately absolutely, but i certainly won't just not do it.

i'd rather her pass and me have done everything i could to prevent it than for her to pass because i didn't do anything to save her.

What if she passed because you were trying to prevent her from an illness she was ver unlikely to catch in the first place?

What if she passed because you were trying to prevent her from an illness she was ver unlikely to catch in the first place?

at least i was doing what i felt was best to keep her healthy, because i could NEVEER live with myself knowing i didn't.

at least i was doing what i felt was best to keep her healthy, because i could NEVEER live with myself knowing i didn't.

Fair enough! For me, the idea of having them done absolutely repels me. Feel very very wrong. But I can respect others who hold different views and make different choices,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->