MMR

He is facing forwards, with one eye open and his hand covering hs mouth. It is quite a crisp image!

i was reading the thread earlier from when you posted the pic and thought it looked like he is blowing you a kiss x

On April 11, 2008, the National Vaccine Advisory Committee took an unusual step: in the name of transparency, trust, and collaboration, it asked members of the public to help set its vaccine-safety research agenda for the next 5 years. Several parents, given this opportunity, expressed concern that vaccines might cause autism — a fear that had recently been fueled by extensive media coverage of a press conference involving a 9-year-old girl named Hannah Poling.

When she was 19 months old, Hannah, the daughter of Jon and Terry Poling, received five vaccines — diphtheria–tetanus–acellular pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), measles–mumps–rubella (MMR), varicella, and inactivated polio. At the time, Hannah was interactive, playful, and communicative. Two days later, she was lethargic, irritable, and febrile. Ten days after vaccination, she developed a rash consistent with vaccine-induced varicella.

Months later, with delays in neurologic and psychological development, Hannah was diagnosed with encephalopathy caused by a mitochondrial enzyme deficit. Hannah's signs included problems with language, communication, and behavior — all features of autism spectrum disorder. Although it is not unusual for children with mitochondrial enzyme deficiencies to develop neurologic signs between their first and second years of life, Hannah's parents believed that vaccines had triggered her encephalopathy. They sued the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) for compensation under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) and won.

Why did she get compensated if government & department of health are adamant there is no side effects and they are 'safe' its f'in stupid.

I didnt give my son the vaccine. All doctors and nurses evan the school he went to hassle me to get it done ( i do feel rather pressured everytime its bought up but im sticking by my choise) but i had to study the subject in science and i came to my own conclusion and i didnt get it done. i wont be getting my daughter done either. xx

On April 11, 2008, the National Vaccine Advisory Committee took an unusual step: in the name of transparency, trust, and collaboration, it asked members of the public to help set its vaccine-safety research agenda for the next 5 years. Several parents, given this opportunity, expressed concern that vaccines might cause autism — a fear that had recently been fueled by extensive media coverage of a press conference involving a 9-year-old girl named Hannah Poling.

When she was 19 months old, Hannah, the daughter of Jon and Terry Poling, received five vaccines — diphtheria–tetanus–acellular pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), measles–mumps–rubella (MMR), varicella, and inactivated polio. At the time, Hannah was interactive, playful, and communicative. Two days later, she was lethargic, irritable, and febrile. Ten days after vaccination, she developed a rash consistent with vaccine-induced varicella.

Months later, with delays in neurologic and psychological development, Hannah was diagnosed with encephalopathy caused by a mitochondrial enzyme deficit. Hannah's signs included problems with language, communication, and behavior — all features of autism spectrum disorder. Although it is not unusual for children with mitochondrial enzyme deficiencies to develop neurologic signs between their first and second years of life, Hannah's parents believed that vaccines had triggered her encephalopathy. They sued the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) for compensation under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) and won.

Why did she get compensated if government & department of health are adamant there is no side effects and they are 'safe' its f'in stupid.

This is exactly the kind of thing that gives me chills.

i got vaccinated as a child and so will Tyler. i dont see how giving the injection separately is going to stop the child having autisum (sp?) everything is excatley the same just done separately. ticking.clock i've just been reading up on the nhs about the vaccine and it says people to have a weakened immune system (the body’s natural defence against infection and illness) should not get the vaccine are you sure that you son dont have a weakened immune system which is why he is they way he is sorry cant remember what you said he had,

these are the possible side effects
Common side effects

Side effects tend to be less common after the second dose of MMR than the first.

About one week to 11 days after the MMR injection, some children get a very mild form of measles. This includes a rash, high temperature, loss of appetite and a general feeling of being unwell for about two or three days.

About three to four weeks after having the MMR injection, 1 in 50 children develop a mild form of mumps. This includes swelling of the glands in the cheek, neck or under the jaw. It lasts for a day or two.

One to three weeks after receiving the rubella vaccine, some adult women experience painful, stiff or swollen joints, which can last for around three days.
Rare side effects

In rare cases, a child may get a small rash of bruise-like spots about two weeks after having the MMR vaccine. This side effect is linked to the rubella vaccine and is known as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).

It's estimated that ITP develops in 1 in every 24,000 doses of the MMR vaccine that are given. There's a greater risk of developing ITP from measles or rubella infection than from having the vaccine. ITP usually gets better without treatment but, as with any rash, you should seek advice from your GP as soon as possible.

There's a small chance of seizures (fits) occurring 6 to 11 days after having the MMR vaccine. They occur in about 1 in every 1,000 doses and are less frequent than fits that result directly from a measles infection.

In very rare cases, a child can have a severe allergic reaction immediately after having the MMR vaccine. This happens in about 1 in 100,000 doses of the MMR vaccine. If the child is treated quickly they will make a full recovery. Medical staff who give vaccines are trained to deal with allergic reactions.

It's not possible for people who've recently had the MMR vaccine to infect others with the viruses contained within the vaccine.

Also You Should Read This New Report https://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/sep/22/autism-rate-mmr-vaccine

there has been another study recently which showed a higher risk.......... will see if i can find it

the link may not "be proven" but it hasn't been disproved either

Since 2002 we have successfully vaccinated many children (given them single MMR Jabs) whose parents had concerns regarding the safety of the MMR vaccination offered to them by their NHS GPs.A high percentage of the children we vaccinate also have allergies and excema which indicate they may not have a perfectly functioning immune system – and even so we have no recorded adverse reactions.

This is from The Child Immunisation Centre website, where i am getting Rileys done.
https://www.childrensimmunisation.com/single-mmr/

i got vaccinated as a child and so will Tyler. i dont see how giving the injection separately is going to stop the child having autisum (sp?) everything is excatley the same just done separately. ticking.clock i've just been reading up on the nhs about the vaccine and it says people to have a weakened immune system (the body’s natural defence against infection and illness) should not get the vaccine are you sure that you son dont have a weakened immune system which is why he is they way he is sorry cant remember what you said he had,

these are the possible side effects
Common side effects

Side effects tend to be less common after the second dose of MMR than the first.

About one week to 11 days after the MMR injection, some children get a very mild form of measles. This includes a rash, high temperature, loss of appetite and a general feeling of being unwell for about two or three days.

About three to four weeks after having the MMR injection, 1 in 50 children develop a mild form of mumps. This includes swelling of the glands in the cheek, neck or under the jaw. It lasts for a day or two.

One to three weeks after receiving the rubella vaccine, some adult women experience painful, stiff or swollen joints, which can last for around three days.
Rare side effects

In rare cases, a child may get a small rash of bruise-like spots about two weeks after having the MMR vaccine. This side effect is linked to the rubella vaccine and is known as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).

It's estimated that ITP develops in 1 in every 24,000 doses of the MMR vaccine that are given. There's a greater risk of developing ITP from measles or rubella infection than from having the vaccine. ITP usually gets better without treatment but, as with any rash, you should seek advice from your GP as soon as possible.

There's a small chance of seizures (fits) occurring 6 to 11 days after having the MMR vaccine. They occur in about 1 in every 1,000 doses and are less frequent than fits that result directly from a measles infection.

In very rare cases, a child can have a severe allergic reaction immediately after having the MMR vaccine. This happens in about 1 in 100,000 doses of the MMR vaccine. If the child is treated quickly they will make a full recovery. Medical staff who give vaccines are trained to deal with allergic reactions.

It's not possible for people who've recently had the MMR vaccine to infect others with the viruses contained within the vaccine.

Also You Should Read This New Report https://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/sep/22/autism-rate-mmr-vaccine

He was perfectly healthy at the time of having his vaccines, no way would i have allowed it as i was already nervous about him having it

and by giving so many vaccines at once overloads a childs immune system, you would have to be super duper unlucky to catch 4 or 5 illnesses all at once :thumbup:

i got vaccinated as a child and so will Tyler. i dont see how giving the injection separately is going to stop the child having autisum (sp?) everything is excatley the same just done separately.

The speculation is that the triple MMR, all together is supposedly the link to austism.

Are these experts who deem the MMR "safe" the same experts that found no link between BSE and vCJD at first? Or the ones who said vCJD was not transmissible through blood transfusions?
The reason we don't just shut up and trust the experts on MMR, is that they can be wrong, their research can be faulty, or they can give in to economic vested interests - and it's always us who pay the price! I prefer caution to hindsight.

For example... did you know the lead scientist who developed the cervical cancer vacine has called for it to be stopped to allow longer testing following concerns over its safety???

And are these also the idiots who thought falidimide was safe? to then have caused hundreds of deformed babies? It will never be admitted that the MMR is unsafe, its all too late, we're the ones who are used as lab rats in my personal opinion.

yeah but if your saying that they could be wrong that anything and anything that has been said could be a complete lie this is a example so please do imagine say if you had cancer and the doctors told you that you had to have chemo or something like that and if you didnt you would die but there had been speculation that the chemo could have side effects would you not get it because it had side effects even though it could save you life ?

Personally i'd rather have something that could potentionally save my life or my sons life later in life than have him die if he caught something , i'd much rather him have austism than not be alive

OMG that's an awesome scan pic, hot tea :)

yeah but if your saying that they could be wrong that anything and anything that has been said could be a complete lie this is a example so please do imagine say if you had cancer and the doctors told you that you had to have chemo or something like that and if you didnt you would die but there had been speculation that the chemo could have side effects would you not get it because it had side effects even though it could save you life ?

Personally i'd rather have something that could potentionally save my life or my sons life later in life than have him die if he caught something , i'd much rather him have austism than not be alive

Which is why i am having Rileys done, but seperatley.

Which is why i am having Rileys done, but seperatley.

but its no different then having it done in one :wacko:

But in my eyes it is. At the end of the day everyone has thier own opinion like i said above ^^^^ i quite like to see what other people think, but it wont affect my decision for Riley. Plenty of people have thier kids triple done and have no problems - great! like your happy for the triple for your son, im happy for the seperate for my son. Im not being rude - but everyone should be able to chose what they feel is best for thier child, i respect other peoples opinions & beliefs, even if i dont agree with them.

I'm so glad I've seen this thread, I had always said LO would have the separate jabs but then told they weren't available anymore so decided she would have the mmr so I'm going to look into it now.

That scan picture confused me for ages on my phone but I can totally see it on my laptop now, it's amazing :)

i do respect you opinion, i just dont see what the difference is, from you above post you where saying that the triple is the suspected link to austism but the MMR jab only came about in the 90's and it be proven that adults are just as common to have austism as child even tho the MMR jab wasnt around when they where children

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->