Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Odds scare me so much! Jus got to keep thinking positive I guess.. I think I will have to get myself a Doppler fir the next one! How did u go about finding one ladies?

Odds scare me so much! Jus got to keep thinking positive I guess.. I think I will have to get myself a Doppler fir the next one! How did u go about finding one ladies?

I've been doppling since 9w6d, to preserve my sanity between scans! :)
Highly recommended! xx

My friend recommend a hi bebe doppler and I ordered one off eBay.

Dan-o how often do u use yours? I worry I use mine too much but its so reassuring!

I use it every day at the moment, I would be a nervous wreck otherwise!
I might calm down a bit with it, once I can feel movements.. long way off that yet tho! :flower:

Thank You Sarah for starting this! It's sooooooo nice to hear from other people who have experienced the same thing!!!
[/INDENT]After 5 months of TTC my husband and I finally found out that we were expecting our second child. I was HELL BENT on having our children 2 years part. Seeing how my due date was February 21, 2011, 4 days after my daughter’s birthday (and 8 after my birthday) I was well beyond thrilled!!! I had been planning on this particular due date for over a year. Lol I'm a little OCD like that. :haha:
[/INDENT]Anyways, I noticed that the morning sickness this time around was WAYYY worse, even very in the very being! I had heard that morning sickness is usually worse when you're expecting twins, and I was hoping AND praying that I was pregnant with twins. I've always wanted twins since I was little, especially after I found out that I was a twin, but my mother had miscarried my twin about 7 week into her pregnancy.
[/INDENT]So I went in for my first appointment I was sure that I was 9 weeks, however, the ultrasound calculated that I was only 7 and a half weeks... with only one baby. I was irritated because the due date wasn't what I hoped, but thrilled that the baby looked good!
[/INDENT]I was constantly worrying about having a miscarriage, but once I had heard my baby’s heartbeat, and hit the 12 week mark I finally relaxed and we celebrated by taking a trip.
[/INDENT]On our way home from our weekend vacation on August 29th, my sever nausea turned into extreme nausea and vomiting. I mentioned this my doctor along with the fact that I had been having cramps, she told me that as long as I was not bleeding I was fine and to double the medicine that she had previously prescribed me for nausea, which wasn't working in the slightest.
[/INDENT]On top of the TERRIBLE morning sickness I also started noticing that I often felt out of breath, I was experiencing frequent heart flutters, my heart seemed to be racing all the time, and I just felt very sickly, nothing like my previous pregnancy. I was referred to a cardiologist, after some testing it was discovered that my pulse would get in the mid 170's when I was resting (I found out much later that it was due to my thyroid being overactive, which was caused by the partial molar preg).
[/INDENT]At my "16 week" check up on September 20, 2010 the doctor was having a hard time finding the baby's hear beat, but explained that that wasn't uncommon. She sent us next door for an ultra sound just to double check. Since I was measuring right, and I could have sworn that I had felt the baby move I thought everything was ok. The doctor didn’t seem concerned, so I wasn’t either. My husband and I along with our 19 month old eagerly raced down the hall to the ultra sound room. Eger not because we were worried, but because we were going to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. I was also eager to see if there was a second baby in there they had missed the first time around (foolish of me...). The technician said that "this didn’t like a 16 1/2 week baby, that the baby was only measuring 12 1/2 weeks, and no longer had a heart beat." When my daughter saw the baby on the screen she explained “BABY!!!" with a smile. (Tear):cry: The thought that my baby’s death had gone unnoticed for supposedly a month added to the devastation, and angered me! They speculated the baby probably died the weekend of our vacation...
[/INDENT]On September 22, 2010 at 10:30am they began inducing me. I labored, and my baby arrived later that day at 6:05pm. We got to hold our precious baby and cry over him/her (we chose not to find out the sex of our baby). It was ABSOLUTYLY AMAZING to see how small, yet developed our baby was. Everything was there; his eyes, tongue, ribs, even his itsy bitsy toes...
[/INDENT]My husband I were super eager to start TTC again so a little less than two weeks after I delivered our baby we started trying again :shrug:... A couple days later the nurse from the doctor’s office called, and over the phone she tried to explain to me the results of the test that were done to the baby, and what had happed and what that meant for the future. All I heard was ..."you should have had twins but...." "...you cannot TTC for a year..." "It’s possible that you could get cancer..."
[/INDENT]Almost 13 weeks after I found out by baby had died, and 11 weekly bleed tests later, I have finally had my third negative blood test in a row. I will now go in monthly for the next three months, and if all is well we can supposedly start TTC the end of March.
[/INDENT]Though waiting to TTC seem like HELLL!!! What's worse than that is, my baby's due date approaching. Every day I feel more and more anxiety. The day I had been looking forward to for over a year I'm now DREADING!!! The question I have for you ladies is... What did you guys do, if anything on your babies due date?

P.S. I'm really sorry for writing sooo much. I guess I just started venting... There are not many people that know what I'm going through.

Thank You Sarah for starting this! It's sooooooo nice to hear from other people who have experienced the same thing!!!
[/INDENT]After 5 months of TTC my husband and I finally found out that we were expecting our second child. I was HELL BENT on having our children 2 years part. Seeing how my due date was February 21, 2011, 4 days after my daughter’s birthday (and 8 after my birthday) I was well beyond thrilled!!! I had been planning on this particular due date for over a year. Lol I'm a little OCD like that. :haha:
[/INDENT]Anyways, I noticed that the morning sickness this time around was WAYYY worse, even very in the very being! I had heard that morning sickness is usually worse when you're expecting twins, and I was hoping AND praying that I was pregnant with twins. I've always wanted twins since I was little, especially after I found out that I was a twin, but my mother had miscarried my twin about 7 week into her pregnancy.
[/INDENT]So I went in for my first appointment I was sure that I was 9 weeks, however, the ultrasound calculated that I was only 7 and a half weeks... with only one baby. I was irritated because the due date wasn't what I hoped, but thrilled that the baby looked good!
[/INDENT]I was constantly worrying about having a miscarriage, but once I had heard my baby’s heartbeat, and hit the 12 week mark I finally relaxed and we celebrated by taking a trip.
[/INDENT]On our way home from our weekend vacation on August 29th, my sever nausea turned into extreme nausea and vomiting. I mentioned this my doctor along with the fact that I had been having cramps, she told me that as long as I was not bleeding I was fine and to double the medicine that she had previously prescribed me for nausea, which wasn't working in the slightest.
[/INDENT]On top of the TERRIBLE morning sickness I also started noticing that I often felt out of breath, I was experiencing frequent heart flutters, my heart seemed to be racing all the time, and I just felt very sickly, nothing like my previous pregnancy. I was referred to a cardiologist, after some testing it was discovered that my pulse would get in the mid 170's when I was resting (I found out much later that it was due to my thyroid being overactive, which was caused by the partial molar preg).
[/INDENT]At my "16 week" check up on September 20, 2010 the doctor was having a hard time finding the baby's hear beat, but explained that that wasn't uncommon. She sent us next door for an ultra sound just to double check. Since I was measuring right, and I could have sworn that I had felt the baby move I thought everything was ok. The doctor didn’t seem concerned, so I wasn’t either. My husband and I along with our 19 month old eagerly raced down the hall to the ultra sound room. Eger not because we were worried, but because we were going to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. I was also eager to see if there was a second baby in there they had missed the first time around (foolish of me...). The technician said that "this didn’t like a 16 1/2 week baby, that the baby was only measuring 12 1/2 weeks, and no longer had a heart beat." When my daughter saw the baby on the screen she explained “BABY!!!" with a smile. (Tear):cry: The thought that my baby’s death had gone unnoticed for supposedly a month added to the devastation, and angered me! They speculated the baby probably died the weekend of our vacation...
[/INDENT]On September 22, 2010 at 10:30am they began inducing me. I labored, and my baby arrived later that day at 6:05pm. We got to hold our precious baby and cry over him/her (we chose not to find out the sex of our baby). It was ABSOLUTYLY AMAZING to see how small, yet developed our baby was. Everything was there; his eyes, tongue, ribs, even his itsy bitsy toes...
[/INDENT]My husband I were super eager to start TTC again so a little less than two weeks after I delivered our baby we started trying again :shrug:... A couple days later the nurse from the doctor’s office called, and over the phone she tried to explain to me the results of the test that were done to the baby, and what had happed and what that meant for the future. All I heard was ..."you should have had twins but...." "...you cannot TTC for a year..." "It’s possible that you could get cancer..."
[/INDENT]Almost 13 weeks after I found out by baby had died, and 11 weekly bleed tests later, I have finally had my third negative blood test in a row. I will now go in monthly for the next three months, and if all is well we can supposedly start TTC the end of March.
[/INDENT]Though waiting to TTC seem like HELLL!!! What's worse than that is, my baby's due date approaching. Every day I feel more and more anxiety. The day I had been looking forward to for over a year I'm now DREADING!!! The question I have for you ladies is... What did you guys do, if anything on your babies due date?

P.S. I'm really sorry for writing sooo much. I guess I just started venting... There are not many people that know what I'm going through.

*massive hugs hun*

It is so hard going through what we have gone through/are going through but it does gradually get easier. I gave birth to my son at 23 weeks in March last year and found out 8 weeks later that it was a PMP. I was completely devistated but i've got to the point now where I just think of him with love and the sad days have got slightly less.

I think that waiting for the due date to come is actually worse than the day itself. My OH was actually away on a stag do on Frazer's due date so my mum took me on holiday to Turkey and me and my mum had a toast to Frazer on his due date.

Your 3 month wait to TTC again will go by quicker than you think. I had to wait 6 months to TTC again and at the begining it felt like a lifetime away but it actually seemed to go by quite quickly.

I hope your baby's due date is easy on you. xxx

Baby Hope :hugs: I am so sorry about what you have been through :hugs: I'm glad you found us, and I hope that we can support you. It is such a very difficult time, if there is anything we can help with, we all will :hugs:

Regarding my due date . . . I didn't really do anything 'special'. I wrote in my journal, had a few little quiet moments and a little cry. I think the important thing is to do whatever feels right to you, what ever makes things easier for you. My second anniversary of the due date (so would have been around my babies first birthday) I had had Oliver just a few days before so it was a little sad, but I found it much, much easier having Oliver to hold and cuddle.

I hope all you girls are doing well, there are a few of us now! Its nice that there are a few people at different stages too. Hugs to all of you :hugs:

Oh my gosh baby hope... I cried all the way thru ur story:hugs:it gave me chills of our same experience... On august 29 this yr I was induced and delivered my baby boy Jamari, due to a partial molar pregnancy with triploidy. I was 16 weeks, had EXACTLY the same morning sickness/symptoms as you, was told my pregnancy "should of been twins" and I am able to ttc again in march! I know exactly how u feel, my babys original due date is january 26, but due to his slow growth the drs told me feb 13th, but I'm going to keep it at January 26. I'm not sure what I will do, it's also Australia Day that day so everyone will be celebrating, I'm a mess ATM, just got my 4th neg result n missing my boy more then ever, also so anxious to ttc again, I'm wishing time away! Sarah is incredible for starting this group I will honestly be forever grateful. Sarah- I'm doing ok.. It's been really hard this past week I don't know y! I guess taking prenatal vitamins instead of packing for hospital might have something to do with it... But I'll survive, together we all will ladies:) thinking of u all with love and wishing u all a merry Xmas.. :hugs:

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU GUYS HAVE SHOWN!:hugs:

Clo, Congratulations on your pregnancy! That was a good idea you had, going away on a vacation. My husband and I were toying with the idea of going away on a mini vacation. I think now, that's something I'll pursue.

Sarah, you mentioned something that I didn't really think about before. You said that having your son, Oliver, to hold and cuddle made your baby's due date easier. I think I may have under estimated how much help my daughter will be when that day comes. My daughter, Maleigha, was a lot of help the days after I found out that my baby had passed. I think that she will definitely be a big help for her Mama on February 21.

Jamari's Mummy, IT'S AMAZING how many similarities there are between our 2 stories. I cannot explain to you how much comfort and relief it brings me to not only talk to some one who has had a PMP, BUT to talk to some one who is almost in the same stage of it that I am!:hugs:

I am soo sorry for your losses, and for the pain I know you have gone through! You Ladies have been the ONLY thing that has helped me see that there truly is light at the end of the tunnel!:hugs: Thank You.

Baby Hope having your daughter to hug really will make it a little easier. I think when your rainbow baby comes along that will really help too, for everyone. We will never forget those babies who we have lost, but in a way it makes our rainbow babies even more amazing. I also feel like I will never take a healthy pregnancy for granted - I have friends who concieved right away and had trouble free pregnancies and who have never had the heartbreak of loosing a baby and I think they kind of took that for granted. I am thankful every day for my healthy pregnancy and amazing son.

I'm so glad I started this page, its so great that we can all support each other even though we are all over the world!

xx

Sarah, that is soo true! Our babies will be ever be forgotten, or replaced. Losing my baby, Hope, has really made me see what a miracle life is, and to not take things for granted. Especially a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby. Part of me is already expecting my next pregnancy to end up as a miscarriage (miss positive, over here lol). But either way I will appreciate and cherish every day that I have with my baby during my next pregnancy. I can give thanks to Hope for that, among other things.

Hey ladies, hope you all had a nice Christmas xxx

Hi Clo!

How are you doing? We had a lovely Christmas thankyou - Oliver had a lovely time and received SO many gifts, he still hasn't opened them all because each thing he opens, he wants to play with, so it takes AGES :haha: Very cute though.

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!

xx

Hi Clo!

How are you doing? We had a lovely Christmas thankyou - Oliver had a lovely time and received SO many gifts, he still hasn't opened them all because each thing he opens, he wants to play with, so it takes AGES :haha: Very cute though.

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!

xx

Hey Sarah, glad u had a lovely Christmas and it sounds like Oliver did too! I had a nice Christmas thanks, though I've managed to catch a cough and cold!

Had my 20 week scan yesterday... was so nice to see baby again :) xxx

Congratulations on your 20 week scan Clo!

I also had a scan yesterday, 13 week NT.. so far, so good.. fingers crossed! xx

Hi baby hope, so sorry to read your story & about the loss of your angel :hugs:

I hope your wait isn't too long now & you are able to conceive again quickly xxx

Congratulations on your 20 week scan Clo!

I also had a scan yesterday, 13 week NT.. so far, so good.. fingers crossed! xx

Glad everything is looking good so far hun :) Xxx

Clo and Dan-O I'm so pleased that your scans went well! Clo did you find out the sex of your baby?

The day before Christmas Eve I was a bit emotional, I had a cuddle with Oliver and a bit of a cry at one point. On the 23rd December two years I found out that my MMC was a PMP, so it was the start of the whole PMP journey for me. Last year on the 23rd December we were back in the same hospital for my 20 week scan, so for two years it had been quite an emotinal day! I still look at Oliver and think how lucky I am.

Does anyone have plans for New Year? My hubby is working (he works night shifts) so Oliver and I will be here on our own, I think at midnight I'll probably go and have a little cuddle if I'm not fast asleep myself by then!

We didnt Sarah. It was funny, we decided not to find out cuz Sam really didn't want to know in case it somehow jinxed the pregnancy, so the ultrasound tech told us when to look away...but I couldn't resist looking so I had a quick peek and I thought I saw boy bits. Then we got out the hospital and Sam admitted having a peek too and he thought he saw girl bits! The thing is, she went down there twice while scanning and Sam looked the first time and I looked the 2nd so we can't even compare what we saw!

Aww I'm glad u managed to get through Christmas ok, tho it must have been an emotional time for you.

We don't really have much planned for new years, think my mother-in-law and father-in-law are coming round to ours. X

Hi lovely ladies:) hope u R all doing well:) this is a question for those of u who have gone on to conceive and/or have babies after ur pmp experience... How long did it take u to fall pregnant again? I have not long to go til I can ttc again, and this is the main thing on my mind, wondering if I will fall straight away like I did with the pmp or if it might take me a while, I've been into my prenatal vitamins for a month now, and just under two to go til I can try again. I know everyone is different, but I thought it would be interesting to hear how you ladies got on:) much love to you all xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->