Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

LogansMama

Reaction score
Hi mommas! Just wanted to get this thread going so we can all still keep in touch now that are lo's are arriving.

As most of you know - I had Dillon Matthew on April 20th, but still consider myself a May mom since I was with you all the whole time during pregnancy!

Can't wait till some more of you join me in here. I hope the couple others that have already popped will come over and talk about their babies with me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dillon and I are doing good. Today is our last day in the hospital. We have been here since MONDAY afternoon and its now Friday! Feels like an eternity. I'm anxious to get home to my older son Logan, but at the same time, will miss the security of being here and having all the help I could ever possibly need. I know I won't sleep good again once I'm out of here! So great having the nurses here to change diapers, get me drinks, feed me and do stuff for me when I'm too tired to stand up! :)

Anyways - thats my update... look forward to all of yours! :)

glad you both are doing well! il be here officially next friday! wooohooooo altho i doubt il get a chance to post anything till i come out the hospital, unless they let me have my phone on!

So odd that they would restrict you from using your phone. I've been using my laptop and phone the whole time I've been here! :)

***************************************************************************************
:happydance::happydance: Happy right now cause the pediatrician just came and said Dillon can go home today - so Hooray! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

She said he is pretty "orange" but that she will just check him in the morning at her office to make sure his numbers don't shoot up or anything. She thinks now that my milk has come in that he'll be fine though.... Good News!

Hey Mamas!

Great to hear you are doing well Logansmama, even if you'll not sleep, i'm sure it will be great to get home! I was in hospital for 5 days too, was thrilled to get to my own bed :)

Good idea with this thread by the way, I'm struggling to pull myself away from 3rd Tri, I guess in my head i'm still there, even though Roh is nearly 2 weeks old now, lol. I wonder when it will actually sink in?
I'm currently here with Roh sleeping on my lap, and sobbing into my bowl of soup, for no apparent reason :haha:

Oh, and Jolou, you might well be able to update from hospital, at our hospital they have those dumb tv phone things, which don't work properly, but do have free internet access, which was handy. Also, despite the signs everywhere about no mobile phones in the ward, absolutely everyone had their mobiles on and were openly using them. No one seemed to give a crap :)

:hugs:

Emera - You're funny with the crying. I was very emotional last night- for no reason - it just hit me - but haven't felt too weepy today. So thats good. I'm sure it will come back though.

And btw - I LOVE the name Rohan. Very nice. I don't believe I mentioned that before.

Are you nursing him or formula feeding? Just curious.

Thanks Logansmama :) I like Dillion alot also :thumbup: Hope you are home now and relaxing a little bit?

I'm exclusively breastfeeding, in answer to your question, mainly motivated by the fact that it seems so dumb to buy something my body can produce, and i'd hate to have to mess about with sterilising bottles etc, what a hassle! Not that i have a problem with FF, my neice was all FF and she's so happy and healthy :)

I'm just thrilled that Roh has taken to the breast so well, i'm very proud of my little booby monster! I'm planning to introduce one expressed feed a day at bedtime in a couple of weeks time, mostly so the OH can do a bit of bonding and i can have some free time in the evening :)

Managed to stop crying for most of the afternoon, mostly as i was having a nap I think :haha: Then OH woke me up with a mini tub of ben&jerrys, saying it was a treat for doing so well, hey guess what, I cried! :haha: Honestly I'm hopeless :shrug: Ah well, i'm just glad i'm only crying all the time, and not actually unhappy in any way :)

Emera - I'm excl. BFing too. I did with Logan for 2 years... so this time feels like a piece of cake! Good for you though... I know the first time it can be difficult in the beginning. This time I am just a lot more confident, so its not stressful at all! And I agree - one of my big reasons was that I hated to pay $$ ( a lot of $$ ) for formula if I could avoid it.
It has so many other perks though - that was just a big motivator!

*sneaks in*

Hey there, only been here a week (as of today). My BF plans went out the window after day 3-4 as Rosa was just not getting full from what she could get from me not even when my milk finally came in early on day 3. Poor little lass spent 2 hours feeding from me and was still wanting more. So we changed her over to FF which we were prepared for anyway as I had had milk issues with my elder daughter too.

On our day 5 visit from the midwife we found out why she was having trouble with the breastfeeding, poor little mite has a tongue tie, thankfully not bad enough to effect her feeding completely as she can feed easily from a bottle, but was enough to put the downer on her BF'ing. So on the top of that she is getting a little constipation from the change over in her diet, so had to have a little bit of a tear shedding for a minute or so. Felt better afterwards though thanks to OH putting it all into perspective

Hiya ladies

I had my lil girl on the 20th April and loving every minute of being a mum.
This thread is a great idea as I too keep going back to third tri for a nosy!
I am breastfeeding and its going well just so sore and i wince in pain for the first few seconds of every feed, is this normal?

Hello KittenKat! :hugs: Your experience sounds so much like that of my SIL, she was very upset and frustrated about the whole feeding situation, but like you she just couldn't seem to satisfy her LO. Formula was fantastic for her though and she never looked back. My neice is 11 months now and so happy and healthy, no one has anything to complain about :)

Tongue-tie seems to be so common, several of my friends LOs have had it and its caused so much trouble for them with their feeding. Its really beyond me why they don't check for it automatically when they do all the other checks, it seems bizarre (i asked the doctor and he said they never normally check for tongue-tie).

I have the opposite going on, I seem to still have enough milk to feed a small army of babies! My boobs are still killing me, and its just leaking out all over the place all the time! :haha: Rohan is a monster and gaining weight fast, he guzzles his feeds and ends up drooling milk all over me afterwards, i really don't credit myself for his success at BF, its all his work, as soon as he was strong enough he just latched himself on, and that was that. (although i did overhear my mum and the MW talking whilst i was feeding saying i had "good equipment" :haha: - glad i left my dignity at the hospital door eh? :dohh: )

I wish i knew how to get him to take his 4 hour sleeps at night and not in the day though, he's hungry every 2 hours at night at the moment :shrug: someone tell me if they have any tips? :wacko:

Hey ladies :) Nice to hear your little ones are doing well!

My daughter is two weeks today. :D She's such a little star, healthy and beautiful and just perfect. I love her so much. :cloud9:

Really struggling with breastfeeding though, we just can't seem to get it right at home. :wacko: Been going to breastfeeding clinics and have gotten lots of help but it still doesn't work for us. I'm expressing like crazy so she's getting breastmilk exclusively which hubby and I are glad about but it is such a hassle having to sterilize the pump and bottles constantly.. obviously she's totally worth it but I'm still really hoping I can get her on the boob soon. So fingers crossed! She's growing really well though and that's the main thing, her birth weight was 3.9kg, went down to 3.7kg in the first week and now she's already at 4.1kg. :D

Kitten - Sorry the Bfing didn't work out for you... but as long as baby is able to eat and stay healthy - thats most important! At least the tongue-tie hasn't hurt her with the bottle. Hope the belly issues work themselves out quickly...

Mazy - Totally normal to feel pain those first few seconds. It WILL get better in a few weeks - I promise!

Shamrock - What seems to be the problem with the bfing? Is she not latching on correctly or what? I think going back and forth to the bottle may be a little confusing to her - although not impossible to make work if that IS the issue. Let me know - maybe I will have a tip or two for you that could help? Have you been to kellymom.com? Thats a great website too.

As for us --- I can't believe my little Dillon is 5 days old now. Time is already going so fast! He is such a good baby! He barely makes a peep... He only cries when I change his diaper. He nurses really well for me... I have to wake him up to get him to eat though. I think thats from the jaundice though. As that gets better, I'm sure he will start asking for food on his own... I take him back to the pediatrician tomorrow. Hopefully his numbers have come down some.
At his appt yesterday he was a 6lbs 15 oz. When he was born he was 7lbs 6oz. When is he supposed to be back at his birth weight by? 2 weeks? Anyone know?

Hey! Im coming to join in too!

Lil Freya is 3 days old, and settling in very nicely!

We are BF and she seems to have got the hang of it really quick!

I cant believe how much of an angel she is, surely this cant last?

Hi girls

Harry is a week today and oh what a tiny weeny little dote.

My girls were huge chunky 9lb'ers at birth and here I have this little scrap of nothingness,he was 7lb 5oz birth and went down to 6lb 11oz on day 6 yesterday he is so weeny.......

He still has bit of jaundice and so is very sleepy and doesnt really ask for food,which I am FF and BF as a top up....then once the weight is on a bit more he will go booby all the way,I managed 21 months with my DD so hopefully will go same way.

I keep feeling bit teary but sure will pass,well hope it does,its like a huge panicky welling up in my chest,keep telling myself it will pass.

Sleeping-Harry is doing 10pm feed of 2-3oz then 12am 2oz then going til 5.45am this seems a long time but he wont wake for the food,he doesnt really consume much but my mum says it because he is a good 5 weeks premature (they all thought 3 weeks but peads say 5) so thinks he is still in womb....is scarey when the girls both came home straight away were guzzlers.

He is a little consitpated but think this is the formula? On SMA

Glad girlies ok otherwise-great idea this thread.
xx

Hello, do you mind if I join you? I was actually due on 31st March but my LO arrived on Aprils fool's day. So she is 3 weeks 3 days now. She has been a right old grump today and not napping at all, I think we are experiencing a 3-week growth spurt as she has been on and off the boob all day and not happy in between!

I can't believe how much has changed already since she was brand new. Logansmama - my midwife said that 10-14 days they should be back to birthweight. Flora lost 215 grams (which I think is about 8 oz) and was only 6 lb 10oz when she was born. Day 13 she had gone back up to birthweight and a little over. I don't know what she weighs now because the sodding health visitor hasn't even contacted me yet! But I'm sure she's put more on.

Minikat - my fellow team yellower! I hope she stays an angel for you - mine hasn't! :haha:

Wow... i'm emotional today. I keep getting that "welled up" feeling too - cry for no reason... happens out of the blue. Its so weird...

Wow... i'm emotional today. I keep getting that "welled up" feeling too - cry for no reason... happens out of the blue. Its so weird...

:hugs: it will pass I promise you

I just got it when hubby left for work:hugs:

hello ladies =) would you mind if i joined in?? My little girl was born on the 14th of April, the day before her due date =D we tried breastfeeding, and she was fine at first but the next day she just wouldnt stay attached at all, which was very disappointing, at which point the midwife suggested i give her a bottle...it broke my heart to agree =( but shes full and getting what she needs which is all that matters...plus i can always try again next time =D hope everyone and their little ones are doing well xx

Well feeding for Rosa on the bottle is going a treat she is a little piggy, pretty sure she is part hobbit like her big brother as this morning she had her breakfast bottle at 7ish happily guzzled that down then coming back from school run just after 9 to grab mobile (still a little baby brained) she decided another 3oz bottle was the order of the day.

Got a local doctor phoning us tomorrow to talk about getting an appointment to have her tongue tie "snipped", doc only available on Tuesdays and Thurdays so hoping I can get her to do it soon but on one of those day my OH is on a rest day from work so he can take her in. Holding babies when they have their jabs doesnt phase me at all but this I think will test my maternal instincts a little too much.

Also got second visit from midwife probably tomorrow then HV on Thursday so this week is going to be a busy one for us, may get chance to breath at some point too

Well feeding for Rosa on the bottle is going a treat she is a little piggy, pretty sure she is part hobbit like her big brother as this morning she had her breakfast bottle at 7ish happily guzzled that down then coming back from school run just after 9 to grab mobile (still a little baby brained) she decided another 3oz bottle was the order of the day.

Got a local doctor phoning us tomorrow to talk about getting an appointment to have her tongue tie "snipped", doc only available on Tuesdays and Thurdays so hoping I can get her to do it soon but on one of those day my OH is on a rest day from work so he can take her in. Holding babies when they have their jabs doesnt phase me at all but this I think will test my maternal instincts a little too much.

Also got second visit from midwife probably tomorrow then HV on Thursday so this week is going to be a busy one for us, may get chance to breath at some point too

your children are similar ages to mine

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"