Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Jolou- so excited for you!!! Good Luck!

Emera - goood job with the exercise!

Harry doing good bless him

Had row with HV yesterday as she is saying I have to give him 3ozs every 3 hours and I am disagreeing saying I wont wake a sleeping baby if I know they are ok.........grr bloody people they do your head in...as long as he gains weight and has 6 nappies a day I am not worried,he is my third after all

Also got on scales and am 14.1 where as was 15.9 12 days ago when preg so not bad,pre preg was 13.11 so aim to get to 10.3

Glad everyone ok
xx

Luckily my HV is relatively hands off, not that she would be far wrong half the time with the timings for Rosa, but I am with you I won't wake a happy sleeping baby, though atm little madam is drinking about 4oz every 3 hours and drinking water between every other feed.

The last few days she has spent most of the days awake and not settled until late evening for proper sleep, today of course Daddy has a day off and she has slept like an angel and been pretty much good as gold, swear she is trying to tell him I'm a liar for tattling on her "behaviour" :haha:

Luckily my HV is relatively hands off, not that she would be far wrong half the time with the timings for Rosa, but I am with you I won't wake a happy sleeping baby, though atm little madam is drinking about 4oz every 3 hours and drinking water between every other feed.

The last few days she has spent most of the days awake and not settled until late evening for proper sleep, today of course Daddy has a day off and she has slept like an angel and been pretty much good as gold, swear she is trying to tell him I'm a liar for tattling on her "behaviour" :haha:

lol @ Rosa

I think as Harry is so early (5 weeks) he tends to sleep loads and yes can understand her concern as the jaundice is slightly still aparent,but I have medical training and she isnt dealing with an inbecile but they treat you like one. I nearly threw her out of my house to be honest! I may actually request another HV but dont want to complain as she is after all just following her guidelines.

xx

kittenkat - i do not want to step on your toes or anything... so ignore me if you want.. but EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER READ OR BEEN TOLD says to NEVER give a baby water... they don't need it as long as they are getting bm or formula. It can actually HARM them if they get too much. SO - I don't know why you are - I'm sure you have your reasons... but I just wanted to pass on my 2 cents worth. Feel free to ignore me now... (although I am curious as to why if you don't mind my asking).

It is ok to give baby water on its own if baby is constipated or weather extremely hot but in between feeds no I wouldnt bother also,unless maybe like myn a but jaundiced BUT milk should be sufficient.

Just my twopence worth as well but we are all different
xx

bexxie - thanks. I hate acting like a know-it-all... just from what I've been told water was BAD for newborns. Just trying to be helpful... not pushy or anything.

No I know you are only trying to be helpful.

Too little or much water affects the salt levels in our bodies and that young the kidneys cannot work as well as they should,Formula is sufficient completely unless like I said the above applies.
xx

Yeah its for her constipation, not just for the hell of it. But the fact she will willingly drink a little water does make helping her pooping easier. End of last week beginning of the week she was so sore with her tummy she just cried and cried and poop was like rabbit droppings once she got some out (due to change over from breast to bottle and could not come at a worse time as was the day I found out about tongue tie so had quite a bit of a cry to myself that day) though her water drinking has been tapered off last couple days to every other feed during the day (so probably twice a day and about 1/2 oz) but as her nappy was just fine yesterday she will just be on her milk

aww love her what a little darling-Harrys poop was like that

I have been sprayed on twice today and changed him 3 times-boys!!

have to laugh though
x

bexxie - So far Dillon has only peed all over himself (missed me) once... but yesterday we went through 3 diapers in about 2 minutes. I took his first off, put a new one under him and AS I WAS CHANGING him he pooped in it. I waited a minute, thought he was done, started to put a new diaper and he pooped AGAIN... so then we needed ANOTHER one. Stinker!

great thread! finley jack was born 26/04, 6lb 4oz by forceps. still in hosp as had jaundice & trace of infection, hopefully home sun/mon.

As for us --- I can't believe my little Dillon is 5 days old now. Time is already going so fast! He is such a good baby! He barely makes a peep... He only cries when I change his diaper. He nurses really well for me... I have to wake him up to get him to eat though. I think thats from the jaundice though. As that gets better, I'm sure he will start asking for food on his own... I take him back to the pediatrician tomorrow. Hopefully his numbers have come down some.
At his appt yesterday he was a 6lbs 15 oz. When he was born he was 7lbs 6oz. When is he supposed to be back at his birth weight by? 2 weeks? Anyone know?

hi, not read the whole thread as hosp comp sucks but when did D get jaundice & did he have phototherapy? looking to compare notes!

been wondering about weight gain too, F weighed today and now OVER b-weight at 2.88kg, 5 days old!

think it could be down to the massive amount of milk & colostrum i've been producing from day one...had to expresss a lot and give in bottles at first as having probs BF cos of jaundice but had help & a real breakthough overnight and been BF alone since, such a great feeling :)

AFC - Logan got jaundiced by his 3rd day... but his numbers haven't been high enough to need the lights. At his last visit he was 6 days old and was at 15... at 4 days he was a 14, so even though his number had gone up slightly, he was 2 days older... so it was still at an acceptable level I guess. I was told to just keep him in indirect sunlight whenever possible to help with it. I bring him back on Monday (he'll be 13 days old), and am expecting him to be fine because he has been less sleepy and more demanding (in a good way) the last couple days....

About his weight... at 6 days old he was 4 oz shy of his birthweight... I'm assuming he will have it surpassed by Monday too. We'll see. I don't have a scale at home to really tell - but he's been eating great and SEEMS bigger to me.

HI girls, can i join you in this thread? I keep finding myself lurking in third tri and i think its about time i left there now. My little girl Demi was born at 8.55am on 9/04/10 weighing 6lb 2oz. I had a good labour and birth ( 3.5 hrs) and we were out of hospital by the tea time. We are both dong really well and she is now 7lb 9.5 oz.
xx

Hey Ladies

I'm Nicola, Mummy to Isaac who was born on 23 April @ 01.23 weighing 8lbs.

I've not been able to breastfeed and so am formula feeding sort of on demand. We're now up to 3oz feeds and it still doesn't seem enough :wacko: Isaac wakes just once during the night, and so we're still getting lot's of sleep :)

I'm recovering well, had a 2nd degree tear, the stitches of which are starting to fall out. I'm tired in a strange sort of way but otherwise, I feel great!

I LOVE my son like I never thought possible and am loving being a Mummy <3

Nicola xx

wht a great thread logansmama at least we can all keep in contact

i had my lil boy 24.4.10 9days late but was worth the wait

hope all u ladies are lookin after urselfs an spk to u soon xx

welcome and congrats to all the new mommas. Look forward to comparing notes on our LO's.

Day 10 so discharged from the midwife today! Freya is still doing really well with feeds and sleeping, so happy happy mummy and daddy!

She has put on 3 and 1/2 oz since day 5 and midwife is happy with that!

Just got to start thinking about contraception now, and dont really know where to start?! Was on the pill for 10 yrs then came off to give body a break and just used condoms for 3 years, and so now dont know what to try?!

Also when can you DTD again? I thought that would be the last thing on my mind but i must have had a massive surge of hormones as cant keep my hands off hubbie!! I love him soooo much!!

Minikat - You are supposed to wait 6 weeks. You are very prone to infection before then. But I know not everyone waits that long. I would hold out as long as possible though - just to be safe! Over here we see our doctor for a 6 week PP check-up and they give us the "go ahead" if everything looks fine at that appt.

As far as BC goes - I have no idea what we are going to do. I hate the pill (or anything hormonal). We have basically always just used withdrawl... and its always worked... but I was also always okay with it NOT working if there were ever to be an "oops". Now I have 2 kids though - and I would NOT be okay with an accident! SO - I'm not sure I can really use that method anymore... I need something more reliable. Condoms suck... so I don't know. Have to talk to my doctor and see what she thinks...

I need to find some sort of BC too, don't do well with hormone based ones so I am limited in choice. MW has suggested the copper coil but not sure. Condoms dont work....I have two DD's while "using" them and pretty sure there is almost a full box in the bedroom still :haha:

But with you Minikat need something quickly, but with my body doing its post birth thing full blown DTD is pretty much out of the question but there are ways and means :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->