• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Hi ladies. Brought Dillon for his 2 week checkup today. He is back up to (and exceeding) his birthweight. He was 7lbs 9 oz today... (7 lbs 6oz at birth). He is in the 21st percentile for weight and 47th for height. PEdiatrician was no longer concerned about his jaundice... said he is gaining weight fine, eating, pooping, so no need to worry. He got his first shot today (hepatitis). He did great - screamed for 1 second but was fine once I picked him up. She also told me his eyes were totally normal (if you have been reading about my concerns in my other thread).

So - all in all - it was a good check up. We go back at 1 month for another check-up. Then in June we go back for his 2 month - and big brother will be going the same day for his 4 year old immunizations. Doc says those SUCK cause I guess they need a few. Yikes. Not looking forward to that at all! Logan didn't even want to look while Dillon was getting his shot today - hate to see what happens when its his turn.

Glad your mind is at rest Logansmama, and glad Dillion is doing well :)

I'm dreading jabs with Rohan, although in the hospital when they were pricking his heel every 3 hours he was really good. He screamed a bit at the one injection they did give him though,.... urgh its not going to be much fun either way.

I'm really proud of myself today, its my second day totally on my own with Roh at home. OH is back at work, and my mum left 2 days ago (she was staying for the week after OH went back to work, which was lovely!).

We stayed in bed until 12 noon today, which was neccessary as Roh decided it was awake time until 3am last night. Plus i think he's brewing another growth spurt, as he wants to eat every 2 hours at a maximum... Anyway, I managed to vaccuum the whole house, go out for bread and milk, do 3 loads of laundry and hang it all out, changed the bed sheets, cleared out a kitchen shelf for all the bottles and pump parts now i've decided to start expressing for 1 feed a day (so OH can feed Roh, he's missing out, and i'll get to take a nightly bath, luxury!). So now, everything is clean and tidy, although covered in drying nappies :haha:, and i just finished feeding Roh when my FIL turned up, and Roh is now sleeping peacefully on his grandad's fat belly :haha::haha: I'm extra proud as i've managed not to cry all day! :happydance:

A question though, if anyone knows? I seem to have a hungry baby on my hands here. He feeds for a good 20 minutes every 2 hours (occasionally 3 hours gap) and he's always dribbling alot of milk when he comes off the boob. When i expressed last night for the first time i got 100ml in 10 minutes (3.5oz) and he drank all that down and wanted a little more too!

What does this mean? He appears satisfied after his feeds, he dribbles and falls asleep with no grumbling after, but i'd thought that for a baby who weighs less than or around 3kg (approx 6lb 4oz at a guess) if he is getting 3-4oz per feed about 10 times a day, isn't that a hell of alot?? Or am i wrong? :shrug: Really appriciate anyones thoughts on that!

Right, gonna try to get my FIL to buy me dinner for when OH gets home from work! :thumbup:

Hope you are all well, big :hugs::hugs: to you all ladies

HI,

I've been popping by and reading the thread but don't think I've sat down to introduce myself.

I have three kids one step daughter whom we have mon - fri. My eldest is my son who's 6 years (just) and then my second is 13 months and my most recent addition Georgina and April baby (another one.) is just over a week old!

She has been somewhat challenging so far! Not sleeping well, bringing up bottles etc etc.

Ooooohhhhh :sex: TD I didn't know there was a certain time, thought it was just as you feel ready! I don't know when I'm gonna be ready tbh, it's all a bit much right now, and contraception I have no idea, thing is I too and frowed with what to use previously just after Olivia and look what happened, lol I fell pregnant with Georgina, so I guess this time round I gotta make a definate decision and the only thing I can think of is the copper iud, I don't like the idea that it doesn't prevent the fertilisation but it prevents the egg implanting! BUT there is nothing else I can do, as the pill really messed me up last time round!

Weight wise, I weighed myself last week and had put on four stone since having both my babies, but weighed myself again and lost another stone in a week, so only put on three stone with all my babies so not so bad! Considering the pregnancies were back to back! So fingers crossed it stays off, and I'm joining weight watchers too. I had paid registration etc on friday but the payment got lost in mid air, the bank said it had gone and weightwachers said they hadn't recieved it, wonderful! So gotta wait until tues to see what exactly is going on!

Anyway hi, and I'll try and keep on as much as possible!

emera - the feeds sound normal. Right around 3 weeks they go through a growth spurt too - so that could be whats happening. Or he could just be a hungry baby.

Let me ask you a question though - HOW exactly are you nursing? Do you keep baby on one side for a set amount of time(10 min?), then switch to the other side... or do you let baby nurse on one side until they let go on their own - then switch?

I ask because it could make a big difference in the frequency of feeds....

Well the advice i was given was to stay with one breast per feed, and not to offer the other, also if he wants to go back on within an hour to offer the same breast again. So yeah thats what i've been doing, as i understood it the first (approx) 10 minutes of the feed is foremilk, so swapping would surely mean that he never got to the hindmilk?

Its so confusing really as i hear so many different things, i'm inclined to go with what my MW suggested....

:hugs:

I should add, as he was 4 weeks early all this eating doesn't concern me, he still has some catching up to do! I was just suprised by the quantities :)

hi everyone thought it was about time i introduced myself to the thread

I'm Laura, had our 1st little one Ollie on the 21st April he's the love of my life i really cant believe how instantly I fell in love with him! he weighed in at 7lb 5oz but went down to 6lb 9 so tiny we had to go buy premmie clothes for him...even tho he was 9 days over lol

i planned on breast feeding but after a pretty traumatic birth little man wouldnt latch on properly (he was a really sleepy baby...actually had to wake him up when he was in the birth canal - dont ask me how any baby can sleep thru labour but mine did) and i got worried so we bottle feed and he's thriving on it finishing 4oz every 4 hours he's the most content little baby ever (tho im sure most say that about their own baby)

hope to get to know you all much better soon xx

Emera- Nah - Thats pretty much what i was gonna tell you - to make sure he is finishing one side and getting the hind milk. I always offer the other side after baby burps though... Sometimes he takes it, sometimes he doesn't. I was never told to stay on one side within the hour.... hmmm.

In the hospital here though - they tend to tell moms to use each side for 10 min, then switch. (They say it so that both breasts get an equal amount of use and you don;t end up with one producing more than the other) but its stupid because a lot of times then the baby doesn't get to the hind milk... and its often hard to get baby to latch back on after ten minutes... and they never quite "finish" eating!

So then I'd bet your baby is just about to have a growth spurt.

bump - welcome. And congrats on your little Ollie! Glad you are doing well!

Great news on all fronts LogansMama :)

Emera...sounds similar to what's happening with us. When I was expressing and feeding Finley in bottles, he was having a 10min breastfeed then usually 20-40ml in the bottle usually every 3hrs. But now we've stopped using the bottles, he's asking to be fed much more frequently...I've been struggling sometimes to get to 2hrs!

Been trying to keep him going a bit longer between feeds but I find that he's only feeding for [usually] 10mins at a time, and then just getting hungry quicker. Hoping that in that time he gets to the hindmilk but I can't seem to keep him on the breast any longer. Bit of a catch 22 but the midwife came round yesterday and said to just feed on demand...I'd been trying to begin a loose routine but am confused now!

Hi Laura, congrats! I'm aiming to get out and buy some premature clothes today too, everything swamps Finley...was a bit gutted that I couldn't use his cute coming home outfit but oh well, a good excuse to go shopping eh ;)

Hi to Laura, and Shining Star ;)

Hehe amused me what you said AFC, i didn't get any premie clothes until i left the hospital, I'd packed the smallest i had anyway, which were extra baggy on Roh, but just about ok. I decided i would use the going home outfit i'd picked out, just through shear bloody-mindedness on my part. Needless to say it was massive on him! :haha: anyway i have some amusing photos of him in his carseat looking quite alot like his arms and legs have melted :haha:

Logansmama & AFC- thanks alot thats put my mind at rest with the feeding, not that i was too concerned, just curious really. Given how he was straight after birth with the tube feeding etc. I'll never be unhappy to see him wanting food :)

I've been dying for a block of sleep more than 2 hours long for ages now, and although its lovely having my bath the last 2 evenings while OH does the 10pm (ish) feed, its not helping when Roh is awake again by 1am wanting another feed, and then 3-4am etc. BF mums you know the score! :winkwink: Anyway, he didn't settle very well after the 10pm feed last night, was sort of doing the chatty half-sleeping thing, i decided to wake him up at 12.30am and feed him again, rather than wait for him to wake me up and i was rewarded with then being left to sleep until 5am!!! :happydance: I'm definately trying that again!

On another note - I'm worrying again... Roh seems fine, lots of wet nappies (like 8 a day or so) feeding well and happily, and a normal amount of alert time, but... there has been no sign of poo since Saturday? Is this normal? Everything i've read on here says that peoples newborns are pooing like mad... so i'm a bit nervous. He doesn't seem to have any discomfort or wind at all, and he's farting plenty still, but yeah not even a little poo for 2 days now :wacko: Is he ok? Should i just brace myself for a totally giant one at some point soon? I'm all confused about what this means....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies,

Just thought i would check in. It seems strange not to be looking in the third tri forum anymore.

Hope you're all adjusting to your new schedules with your LO:wacko:

Claire xxx

Hey ladies! Can't believe I'm finally in baby club. The last few weeks of my pregnancy seemed to drag so much and going 8 days overdue didn't help! lol. ..... and now she's here time is flying by! My little girl is 1 week old today!
Anyway..... thought I'd introduce myself. I was due on 19th April with a yellow bump. Maddison Isabelle was born on 27th April, weighing 7 pounds. Had quite a traumatic birth which I'm not quite ready to post in the birth section, if at all! But she's here now and she was worth it! :) Just adjusting now to life with 5 children! My OH has gone back to work today. Unfortunately we couldn't afford for him to have more than a week off as he's self employed. I'm still feeling rather battered and bruised from the birth, but luckily my MIL is taking my older kids to school and back for me for as long as need be. As you can see from my signature I have a girl called megan who's 14, a boy called harry who's 11, a girl called hope who's 6, a girls called scarlett who's 4.. and of course our new addition maddy who's a week old. I'm finding it a lot harder to adjust to motherhood again this time around. I think my body is taking longer to heal and the baby blues has kicked in, in full force! But hopefully it'll pass.
Can't wait to catch up with all the other new mummies from 3rd tri that I remember.
Hope you're all well and enjoying your bundles of joy! I must admit, I do smile to myself when I'm sat up at 3.30am feeding Maddy.. and thinking that I'm not the only mummy awake at that time with a baby in their arms. It keeps me sane! lol.
:hugs: xxxx

i know i cant believe how quick the times going. Demi is a month old on Friday. They'll be at school before we know it lol. Nice to see more familiar faces xxx

AFC ano what you mean i had a wee cute coming home outfit bit had to do a last min change cause his arms and legs were in the body part lol looked a bit silly

today was our 1st HV appt she was lovely got a prescription for some cream for ollies dry skin so gonna try that today apparently you can wash him in it and them dab it on when hes dry too so it should sort it quickly i mentioned about him starting to feel a lil constipated and she said it was ok to give him an oz of cooled boiled water (she even said i could add a drop of fresh orange if i thought he needed it but i wouldnt be too sure about doing that) and as he was only a little baby its probably not good to change his formula tho he got weighed today and is now 8lb so im a proud mummy considering he's only 13 days old i think thats a great weight gain im gonna have a little chunker on my hands lol cant wait i love chubby little babys

saffy hope the baby blues dont stay around too long ive noticed this week im much better tho it is just taking someone to say the wrong thing to me and im still in tears but def not as bad as the 1st week

hope everyone is doing well xxx

Girls losing sleep and breastfeeding... I don't know if you cosleep or not, but it was my cure to sleepless nights. With my first I fought it for a month or so, thinking it was unsafe, before I gave in and finally just did what I needed to do! This time, I've been cosleeping since day 1, and find I am not nearly as tired as i would be if I were getting up every 2-3 hours!

Baby is either on my chest or right next to me all night. When he cries, I pop him on a boob without ever getting up. When he is done I burp him and drift back off to sleep with him beside me (or on my chest). The only time I get up is once or twice to change his diaper....

I'm not afraid of smothering him... I'm very careful about blankets and pillows being kept away. We sleep in the middle of the bed, so god forbid, if he did roll off my chest, he would land on the mattress, but I don't believe I've ever been in a deep enough sleep to drop him anyways! And I'm not worried about rolling on top of him... I don't roll out of bed at night because even while sleeping, I know where the edge is... I also know where the baby is.

So anyways.... you have to do whats most comfortable for you... but cosleeping has helped us stay sane so far!

ive been searching high and low for a snuggle nest tho Ollie really loves sleeping on my chest but it makes for a sleepless night for me as im so paranoid he wriggles off..i really love the idea of co sleeping even tho im FF xx

Hey all,

Hi Saffy congratulations on the birth of little girl, sorry to hear it was a traumatic birth! I hope it wasn't to bad!

I've found it hard to adjust this time round too, it's weird, but I don't know just been so tired and the baby blues did kick in more so than it did with the others and it's still hard going for me although i think it's getting easier but you know when you still not sure and haven't found your feet yet. I find myself wishing these weeks away just so it will get easier and I can get more of a routine, but then kick myself because this is our last baby and I should be enjoying her, not wishing the time by!

OH and today I woke at seven then went back to sleep at nine thirty and slept until two thirty pm! OMG How long is that! I'm not sure I'm recoverying as I should be, and even taking the mutli vitamins I can't seem to get over the tiredness! And it's not like Georgina is up all night, and I also have my DF who does alot of stuff, it's all a bit weird!

Hope everyone else is ok, and new babies doing well. Oh tomor we go to get Georgina registered and get Olivia her first pair of walking shoes! LOL more expense, but it's a day out however I think by the time I'm back I'll be nackered!

We had our Day 10 midwife visit today. She weighed Isaac and he now weighs 8.3. He was 8lb at birth, 7.9 on day 5 so we're really pleased.

Other than that, he is still being a really good baby. He HATES being naked and having his nappy changed and loves his milk!!! :winkwink:

I'm taking him to see all my work mates tomorrow, which should be fun. As a friend said, it'll take me hours to get around everyone because of all the "twitching uteruses" wanting to touch my son PMSL!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Nicola xx

ive been searching high and low for a snuggle nest tho Ollie really loves sleeping on my chest but it makes for a sleepless night for me as im so paranoid he wriggles off..i really love the idea of co sleeping even tho im FF xx

Ugh. I hated my snugglenest! My mom got me one with DS#1 and I used it for a few days - but really couldn't stand it! Baby was constantly sliding down to the bottom of it (Its sort of on an angle). I'd ship it to you so you could try it if you weren't so far away! I'm probably gonna just try and sell it on craigslist or something!

And just FYI - I didn't mean Form Feeding moms can't cosleep... its just super convenient if you are BFing, cause you don't need to get up at all. FF's would still have to get up to grab/heat a bottle. Still nice to cosleep though!

I just always found that I would get up - nurse baby - fight myself to stay awake while nursing him, put him down when he was done, only to have to get back up really soon afterwards because he would start crying! That never happened when he was right next to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->