more urine problems-bubbly/foamy

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
I notices some white sediment in my urine the other day at the doctors, and then I checked it at home and I see it has lots of little bubbles. I am noticing that lately there is white stuff on top...I can't tell if the white stuff is bubbles or sediment. In a cup I saw a little sediment and a bunch of foamy bubbles. Everything I looked at said kidney failure!!! My doctor does a protein dip stick test each time, so I think they would have caught it if it was protein. I did a dipstick UTI test and came out negative for white blood cells and nitrates. I left a message for my doctor about an hour ago, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this! Thanks!

I would just relax and move on for now, especially if you already left a message at the doc office.
Bubbles in urine does not equate kidney failure. Everyone will get that at some time or another. It can be a sign of a lot of protein, however your doc is specifically testing urine proteins on each visit to monitor preeclampsia developments. If your urine was abnormal, they would have let you know IMO.
Internet medical info sucks, you can find almost anything as a symptom of something horrible!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your urinalysis and protein dipstick would show up most anything that would be of concern. The little white sediments are pretty common. I know at work, with our patients that have catheters, they can have crazy looking urine and all kind of stuff floating around in there, but when we do tests and cultures on it, it'll come back fine. Just probably has to do with the filtration of it or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->