Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

OMG I am so excited and OMG he is the cutest!! I'm jealous I want another boy! :haha:

Oh bobster, he is beautiful! I'm so happy for you! Hope you and little man are feeling well!!! 😀

Mack, glad the scan went well (except the cord issue). From how you explained it, I wouldn't be too worried either. How are you almost 20 weeks already? Craziness!

Huge congrats bobster, just wonderful. Welcome Arthur.
Sounds like a very peaceful labour/birth. Was it quicker than jack?
Arthur was only a day late? Did you have a sweep?

Sounds like you're being well looked after Mack :thumbup:

Forgot to say that I love his name as well! Fitting for a handsome little man.

No I forced myself to have sex (the weirdest sex ever might I add) and that triggered contractions. Didn't want the sweep although they did give me one in early labour to speed it up at 2cm.

Thanks to you all, Arthur was in our top names and when he came he just suited it more than Harry. Labour was quicker, although it felt longer without all the drugs. on notes it says 3.5 hours but think that's from established labour only. It was 5.5 hours with Jack.

Can't believe how much more relaxed I feel already with this little one then i did with Jack. Feel chilled about bf even though still a bit fingers and thumbs with positioning and I'm not peering over his Moses basket all the time so far or springing to action at the slightest murmur like I was with Jack. I hope it stays like this although he does sleep a lot at the moment so I'm sure the stress wll increase a lot when he's more active.

Will go back and read other comments now as missed some I think..

So happy for you bobster :happydance:
How interesting that having sex started off your contractions- I thought it was just an old wives tale.
Great to hear that you feel more relaxed/confident second time around.
Are you home already?

Mackjess glad the plans don't seem to have changed for you much and you get to see her a few more times on scans! That's always a bonus. Try not to worry it sounds like they have it covered even in the worst case scenario. I too can't believe how quickly it's going! She'll soon be here.

Jane I hate those nervous feelings but everyone has them and you'll be absolubtly fine. Give it a few weeks to settle into your new routine and it will be lovely to have your own income back I'm sure. Think of all the lovely things you'll be able to do/buy which you probably feel less able to now. Plus it's great place to meet new friends.

I am still doing well. Can't believe how in love I am. There are no words. I can't stop looking at him. He looks very different to how Jack did which is surprising. He's more like my OH this one which is nice as Jack is a mini me. I hope it stays as calm as this but I'm sure it won't. Taking him for a weigh in today at the midwife so hopefully he's not lost too much. He's been feeding loads every 2-3 hours or so but I'm not sure he's getting loads as think his latch is a bit shallow at times. Will ask them to check it today.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend ladies :)

So happy things are going well so far bobster! I know exactly what you mean about how in love you are. It is so instant and without some of the nerves you have with number one. I'm seriously so happy for you, ah!

Almost new job time Jane!! I'm sure you are nervous, but you will do great! Let us know how it goes!

Ok my mom brag time. Audrey has learned so so much in the last few weeks. She can now army crawl, go from laying to sitting, pull up on everything, clap, and is doing well with some finger foods! Little thing must be exhausted with all of the changes. It's so exciting to watch, but kinda sad my baby is getting so big!

You sound so content bobster, it's lovely.
I never had that overwhelming sense of love when Greg was born and I'm so envious that you've had that with Arthur.

Is the sleep deprevation easier to deal with second time around? I hope he's a good sleeper like jack once he gets over the newborn stage.

Go Audrey, lots of progress :happydance:

All change tomorrow :wacko:

Good luck Jane!! Please let us know how it goes. Thinking of you.

I do think it's easier so far this time. I think because first time I was so worried about things like co-sleeping whereas this time I've just accepted it and also I know how quickly this newborn phase goes so I'm enjoying the cuddles more. The first time i was so anxious I couldn't relax and enjoy it at all.

Wow Audrey sounds like she's doing amazing and it's all down to you!! Do you think Norah is also helping as she'll be copying from her? It's so rewarding when they start hitting loads of milestones as it shows that you are doing well. I wonder if she'll be quite advanced. i forget all the milestones now so will have to re-learn them!

Bobster, yes I definitely think she watches Norah and wants to be like her. She's physically more advanced than Norah was. Thank goodness for Norah's baby book and Google, or I'd have no idea what the milestones were either or when to start different foods, etc. Funny how quickly we forget!

Enjoy those newborn snuggles! My fave is when they curl up and sleep on your chest. Oh man, I'm jealous of that part, my uterus is aching now haha!

He he yes I love snuggles in that position too. He's so tiny and such a little nugget.
He's gaining weight nicely. He dropped 10% in first 3 days so they were making me express a bit and cup feed to top him up but reweighed today and he's gone up again so they are happy with feeding in demand now. Mastered the latch I think, had forgotten how to do it right so had sore nipples for the first few days. So far he's so good.

Jane how did first days go?
Mlm I too can hear the preseed calling. Maybe you should start planting the seed with hubby now Norah and Audrey are at a nice age.

Mack hope you are ok?

Bobster just waiting for my newborn squish to snuggle on! Just started feeling more faint movements from baby girl so that's been fun.

I also can't wait to see her looking up to her big brother the way Audrey does to big sis! Heart melting.

Jane how was work?

Work is going really well thank you and no major melt downs from Greg- everyone is happy :thumbup:

Jane glad things are going well. It's always scary starting a new job.

I think we've settled on Annabel Marie for a name. It's not as popular in US as Europe. I'm pretty excited about it.

Yay for a good start to the new job! Does it feel strange being back in the work place?

I love the name Mack! And I'm very impressed you guys decided already : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->